The Student Room Group

Vet Med 2024 Glasgow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saffronnn•
Yeah, have you been to the campus
Only briefly for my interview at Glasgow
Are you an international, Scottish or ruk student?
Original post by willful-mess

Scottish, I loved the vet skl compared to Edinburgh as it has such a nice surrounding area and lots of walks also is close to the main uni, 20mins by bus.
I think it completely depends on what particular things are important to you and which uni has more of them plus maybe go to open days as that made up my mind completely once I’d been there

Are you ruk?
yeah I've been to Lvp open day and am probably going to go to both offer holder days. I'm just trying to see what kind of people are at glasgow
yeh I'm ruk
yeah I've been to Lvp open day and am probably going to go to both offer holder days. I'm just trying to see what kind of people are at glasgow

Yeah that’s a good idea
Reply 27
If it helps, I’m from Glasgow! It’s a pretty cool place to live ( even thought it gets a shite name sometimes lol ), but tbh I love it. I know a few people at the vet school and they are all super chill!!!!
Original post by oliviamary
If it helps, I’m from Glasgow! It’s a pretty cool place to live ( even thought it gets a shite name sometimes lol ), but tbh I love it. I know a few people at the vet school and they are all super chill!!!!
awh thanks yeah. I’ve never lived in a city so its a really big change which is making me swing towards glasgow because the vet school isnt as in the city as liverpool
Reply 29
Yea so the vet school is Bearsden which is POSH. Bahah, but it just depends on what you like, I’m planning on moving into halls just out of preference but I’m pretty sure there is only one hall out there at the vet school and the rest are in the west end. But the west end of Glasgow is honestly gorgeous and probs the best place to be !
Yea so the vet school is Bearsden which is POSH. Bahah, but it just depends on what you like, I’m planning on moving into halls just out of preference but I’m pretty sure there is only one hall out there at the vet school and the rest are in the west end. But the west end of Glasgow is honestly gorgeous and probs the best place to be !

Hi did you get an offer?
Reply 31
Original post by Saffronnn•
Hi did you get an offer?
Was rejected today :,) . Totally was expecting a offer at all just found it weird it had been soo long. HOWEVER I GOT ACCEPTED FOR VET BIO so I’ll still be on the vet campus from time to time and the main campus. I can then go on to vet med after that :smile:))))
Was rejected today :,) . Totally was expecting a offer at all just found it weird it had been soo long. HOWEVER I GOT ACCEPTED FOR VET BIO so I’ll still be on the vet campus from time to time and the main campus. I can then go on to vet med after that :smile:))))

Awh I’m sorry about that but CONGRATS on your offer that’s amazing

Also since you’re from Glasgow do you have any idea which halls are good or bad?
Reply 34
A WEE BIT, but not really. Ngl cuz I’m from here I might not get into Glasgow uni halls so I’ve been looking at private. I’ll get back to you on it tho, I’m gonna ask a few people at my work who went and stayed in halls there about the best ones so I’ll let you know when I find out !
A WEE BIT, but not really. Ngl cuz I’m from here I might not get into Glasgow uni halls so I’ve been looking at private. I’ll get back to you on it tho, I’m gonna ask a few people at my work who went and stayed in halls there about the best ones so I’ll let you know when I find out !

Thanks that’s soo helpful
Happy to hear you got Vet Bio oliviamary🥳🥳 congratss!!
Congrats Olivia on Vet Bio 👏👏
Reply 38
Original post by who813
Hi, my daughter also got an offer from Glasgow last week. She is an international applicant 😃
Congratulations to her, that is amazing! I was recommended to apply from a local veterinarian here in my country/town who also went there and graduated in 2018 :smile:
Reply 39
Congrats for vet bio!! And yes, there is always another pathway you can take. If I pass my conditionals/ make the decision to go to Glasgow (which is very likely), hope to see you there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending