The Student Room Group

when should you accept your conditional offer?

Hi,

The question is in the title.. Could you please give me your views on this?

I have a conditional offer from Cambridge, where the application deadline (and hence the results) were the earliest. I do not yet know my results for any other unis (Oxford's deadline was a month later for instance, and all the other unis are either rolling admissions or even in January!)

So with Cambridge:

'Q: When should I accept my conditional offer?

A: You should only accept your conditional offer once you have decided that you wish to accept a place at Cambridge. You may still have offer conditions outstanding at that stage. If you have received conditional offers for more than one course at Cambridge, you should only accept one of them. You may use your self-service to accept an offer, or you may write to us to confirm acceptance.'

But they also write that 'if you do not respond, we will assume that you do not wish to accept this offer'.
(No date specified by which to respond..)

So do I respond and say that I accept a conditional offer, but maybe even if I met all my conditions, I may choose to take up a place at another uni (that might give me more financial help), would I then withdraw it?? Or do I just not respond at all until I find out more about the finance side?

Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks very much in advance!
Reply 1
Accept it straight away. If you change your mind and end up going somewhere else, then you just contact them to say you will no longer be taking up their offer.
You can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge, can you?
Reply 3
zoomzoomzoom
You can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge, can you?

You can for postgraduate degrees (you're in the postgrad forum).
Reply 4
I accepted my offer after I had all my offers in and was sure where I wanted to go.
Reply 5
N1c
I accepted my offer after I had all my offers in and was sure where I wanted to go.

Again, this is for postgrad so it's different to undergrad. You're in the postgrad forum.
rottcodd
Again, this is for postgrad so it's different to undergrad. You're in the postgrad forum.

this is a man who knows which forum he's in, for sure.
Reply 7
sidewalkwhenshewalks
this is a man who knows which forum he's in, for sure.

Tis true. Some weird mutation happened to me at conception which gave my eyes the unique and freak ability of sight :wink:
Reply 8
rottcodd
Tis true. Some weird mutation happened to me at conception which gave my eyes the unique and freak ability of sight :wink:

This was a great sentence!

And thanks so much for your help! (I've just accepted it.)
Take it now and worry about it later, as Rottcodd says.

Edit...and you have! Congratulations :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending