The Student Room Group

43 year old friend is seeing an 18 year old, your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fadinga
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here. I just want some input on this. I am a 26 year old guy, and friend with a 43 year old who I met through my dad. We been friends for 4 years now. And i know he has a kink for much younger people, but he just told me he is hooking up with an 18 year old he met. He said its just sex and they meeting up once a week.
I felt a bit uncomfortable when he told me that, but I think its their business in the end. I wonder how people would think if it got out though? What would be your opinion?

As long as they are both legal age then there's nothing wrong with them being together in a relationship.

Age is only a number 😔😔😔 providing that enjoy each other company and they both are happy being together then don't worry about it.
Reply 21
Original post by Anon2463
Something about much older men that go for barely legal girls that really irks me....
Does he drive a 2009 silver Vauxhall Corsa by any chance?

No, he drives an Audi.

Would you say anything to him?
Reply 22
Original post by Fromple
It's called pedophile. Like he's 25 years older. wHaT

Would you say that to him?
Reply 23
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Nah
I'd agree with you (to an extent) if we were talking about a meaningful relationship, but the OP has made it clear that it's purely sexual... so essentially just body parts.

Spoiler

Besides, I very much doubt most 18 year olds would sleep with a middle-aged man (unless he was very rich, famous, good looking etc.) ... but there are some who prefer older guys (for whatever reason). So that really covers any ethical arguments.

I agree the half plus 7 rule only applies to relationship. I don't see its value in sex.
Original post by Fadinga
No, he drives an Audi.

No as its none of your business and he isnt doing anything wrong.
Original post by Fadinga
No, he drives an Audi.

Do you have anything to say?
Reply 26
Original post by StriderHort
Do you have anything to say?

I am asking people on here
Original post by Fadinga
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here. I just want some input on this. I am a 26 year old guy, and friend with a 43 year old who I met through my dad. We been friends for 4 years now. And i know he has a kink for much younger people, but he just told me he is hooking up with an 18 year old he met. He said its just sex and they meeting up once a week.
I felt a bit uncomfortable when he told me that, but I think its their business in the end. I wonder how people would think if it got out though? What would be your opinion?

please just butt out man like the person is over 18 so legally can consent. maybe the girl is into age gaps too who knows. and if she has an issue i can only pray she has the courage to speak up to her own friends and family and get it sorted out, but atm it’s not your place to judge or ask others’ opinions. have a good day and leave them alone x
Original post by Fadinga
Hi everyone,
Hi, I can tell you from experience that the 43 year old is probably ok, but I would guess that he may have "issues" ,maybe grew up slowly, may have some neurodivergence issues, trying to live his youth again through dating younger people. I dont see a problem with it, but it may well be he who gets hurt in the end, as the 18 yr old will be "using" him to learn about life etc. You never know ,and I have personally seen this with own eyes, a young man of 18 who dated a near 40 year old and is now happily married for a long time. So no, I see no problem . Also look at President Macron of France who is married to a much older lady and they are happy it seems. I know that is younger male with lady but it can work out both ways. Really, life is far far too short to be worried. REALLY, make each day a good day,be good to people, you never know when that coud be your last day. So to worry about a 43 yr old dating an 18 year old is stupid waste of your time. Please understand, I speak from experiences,honestly.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Depends...
If it's just a hook up or a FB / FWB type arrangement, I don't think most people would really care (unless they're either:- a) jealous or b) her parents lol). Furthermore, if he's a good looking fortysomething, that would make a HUGE difference; compared to if he was a fat, sweaty, balding couch potato who hasn't seen his d**k with his own eyes since he was a teenager.
Conversely, if it was a relationship, then that would be different for a lot of people... many would speculate why he can't get someone closer to his own age, and draw their own conclusions about the nature of the relationship (see the typical / standard TSR response to age-gap relationships) .
If it's the latter scenario, personally, I would've given him the benefit of the doubt until / unless I found out that it was her age that fundamentally attracted him to her.

if he was a fat, sweaty, balding couch potato who hasn't seen his d**k with his own eyes since he was a teenager.

That reminds me of a real event. I was working as waiter in a Restaurant some years ago. Anyway was small ,cozy high class restaurant. The "man you described" (LOL) came in with a girl I can only guess was 14 or 15 . HE was blind drunk and could barely speak, apart from order some food. Anyway bear in mind this is a small restaurant ,intimate type with candles,and was in evening. Next thing I know this girls was standing on the tabel yanking her skirt right up
and showing her knickers. God knows why, she just did it.
Anyway I digress, it was the "sweaty fat bald" (alto he wasnt actually bald) that reminded me of the incident I will never forget.
Original post by Anonymous
if he was a fat, sweaty, balding couch potato who hasn't seen his d**k with his own eyes since he was a teenager.
That reminds me of a real event. I was working as waiter in a Restaurant some years ago. Anyway was small ,cozy high class restaurant. The "man you described" (LOL) came in with a girl I can only guess was 14 or 15 . HE was blind drunk and could barely speak, apart from order some food. Anyway bear in mind this is a small restaurant ,intimate type with candles,and was in evening. Next thing I know this girls was standing on the tabel yanking her skirt right up
Anyway I digress, it was the "sweaty fat bald" (alto he wasnt actually bald) that reminded me of the incident I will never forget.

and he was about 55 or so I guess, and not her dad (maybe her Uncle ,who knows)
Original post by Anonymous

He must have been drunk... lucky not to have got his collar felt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending