The Student Room Group

DWP Executive Officer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexkato
I have applied to Plymouth UCR role, have to do my interview by Wednesday.
Oh, me too. I have to do it by Wednesday. I'll try it to do it today. As I'm so nervous, so just want to get it sorted out. And not to think about it 😁.
Original post by ThorneyDogRose
So have you applied to Plymouth?
I will do it my interview today. And will take it from there once I get my results
Original post by TryingVery Hard
I will do it my interview today. And will take it from there once I get my results
How did you score in the sift?
How did you score in the sift?
I don't know. They just told me about my score from the SJT. And my score was 313. And maybe after 2 days received an invitation for the pre recorded interview. Which I just did. I'm not very happy how it went. I was nervous. And that time count down was stressing me more. Tried to look at the camera as much is possible. But was hard. So, I wouldn't be expecting a positive feedback. But at least I have an idea of this type interview
Original post by SammyF97
When I applied there were 6 questions but now I think they changed it to 3 only which probably means ur interview results will be ready a lot sooner. These are all the questions I came across in my interviews. Most of them are similar so u don’t need to make a different answer for every question. I don’t know anyone that applied to UC review so there maybe questions that I haven’t listed or they may have changed the questions completely. I’d ask someone on here who has recently done the interview. I used the WHO model in my answers. If you’d like help or want me to read through your answers I’m happy to do that as well.
Communicating & influencing:
How would you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome?
A time you communicated complicated information clearly?
A time you adapted your communication style to achieve an outcome?
A time you used your communication skills to influence others?
Managing a quality service:
A time you went above & beyond expectations to provide a great service?
A time you had to balance competing priorities in your workload?
A time you demonstrated exceptional customer service?
A time you improved customer service by identifying and mitigating risk?
Making effective decisions:
A time you made a difficult decision that impacted others?
A time you analysed evidence to make a decision?
A time you made a quick decision on a complex issue?
How would you approach making a decision to ensure it is fair and impartial?
Hello! Just wanted to say thank you. I did my interview, even though that went bad.... There was 2 questions that you told me about. And I was so happy. Thanks again
I don't know. They just told me about my score from the SJT. And my score was 313. And maybe after 2 days received an invitation for the pre recorded interview. Which I just did. I'm not very happy how it went. I was nervous. And that time count down was stressing me more. Tried to look at the camera as much is possible. But was hard. So, I wouldn't be expecting a positive feedback. But at least I have an idea of this type interview
It’s fine, in my interview it was obvious I was reading off a script. Hopefully u pass.
Hello! Just wanted to say thank you. I did my interview, even though that went bad.... There was 2 questions that you told me about. And I was so happy. Thanks again
Do u remember the question that I didn’t list?
Do u remember the question that I didn’t list?
Making Effective decision

Tell me about a time you have to make effective decision on a subject when their was more than one option available? Just they asked in the different way, but the content was this. Making Effective decision when you have more than one choice
Making Effective decision
Tell me about a time you have to make effective decision on a subject when their was more than one option available? Just they asked in the different way, but the content was this. Making Effective decision when you have more than one choice
Did u just answer it using an answer you already had? If u did I’m guessing you’d still have a chance as it still links to the making effective decisions behaviour.
Did u just answer it using an answer you already had? If u did I’m guessing you’d still have a chance as it still links to the making effective decisions behaviour.
Oh, yeah. The I used the closest answer to the question. Just added few options, to look like I had to choose one😂. Well in my opinion I wouldn't get positive feedback. But at least I have an idea already about this kind of interviews in future
Hi newbie here! I’ve just completed my interview for 677 Plymouth UCR. Would be great to keep in touch with anyone else who has applied for this campaign!140 vacancies so hoping I’m in with a chance although I feel I fluffed the 1st question by repeating myself before realising and correcting my answer loop! Ha
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Vicarondo
Hi newbie here! I’ve just completed my interview for 677 Plymouth UCR. Would be great to keep in touch with anyone else who has applied for this campaign!140 vacancies so hoping I’m in with a chance although I feel I fluffed the 1st question by repeating myself before realising and correcting my answer loop! Ha
Hi, that's great. Good luck to you! I'm just curious is this 140 available positions are only for Plymouth? Because first I saw the job advert in civil service website and there the advert was saying this :colone:xecutive Officer - Plymouth and then was EO-National 🙄. And once I started to apply it took me to the DWP website where it says only for Plymouth 🙄. But anyway they have also 175 positions for Swindon if I remember correctly.
Hi, that's great. Good luck to you! I'm just curious is this 140 available positions are only for Plymouth? Because first I saw the job advert in civil service website and there the advert was saying this :colone:xecutive Officer - Plymouth and then was EO-National 🙄. And once I started to apply it took me to the DWP website where it says only for Plymouth 🙄. But anyway they have also 175 positions for Swindon if I remember correctly.
Yeah the one I seen just stipulated Plymouth, I’m sure I seen one up in Nottingham way running at the same time requiring 80 odd. Seen the Swindon one pop up recently too
From what I can tell it’s just Plymouth. My friend who works there says they’ve taken on hundreds in the last 6 months.
Reply 34
Yes just for Plymouth, 140 jobs and around 4000 applications went in for the role
Original post by Bes182
Yes just for Plymouth, 140 jobs and around 4000 applications went in for the role
4000! Wow!! That is crazy! Feel proud to have made it to interview now! Wonder how many got invited to interview stage
From what I can tell it’s just Plymouth. My friend who works there says they’ve taken on hundreds in the last 6 months.
I don't know how to feel about it 🤔. With all those high number of available positions..... I
I don't know how to feel about it 🤔. With all those high number of available positions..... I
What do you mean?
What do you mean?
I just wonder why they have so many positions open? Like the comment above from Bes 182 said there is 4000 positions open 🙄
I just wonder why they have so many positions open? Like the comment above from Bes 182 said there is 4000 positions open 🙄
No I think she meant there were 4000 applicants for the 140 Plymouth positions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending