The Student Room Group

How to mention previously dropping out of Teach First in PGCE application

Many moons ago I began an English PGCE with Teach First. It didn't go very well. I know why looking back. I enjoyed the experience of teaching though. I'm now wanting to apply for a PGCE in biology. How do I mention my 6 month teaching stint with Teach First or is it best not to mention it at all? Will it count against me if the Teach first position was for English? I'm applying for a biology PGCE now.
Original post by fable
Many moons ago I began an English PGCE with Teach First. It didn't go very well. I know why looking back. I enjoyed the experience of teaching though. I'm now wanting to apply for a PGCE in biology. How do I mention my 6 month teaching stint with Teach First or is it best not to mention it at all? Will it count against me if the Teach first position was for English? I'm applying for a biology PGCE now.
Hi @fable,
I would suggest that in the first instance, you approach the course providers you would like to apply to and have a chat with them about your particular situation. Honesty is always the best policy. The experience you gained through Teach First, even it was in a different subject is valuable. You also seem to understand why it was not successful which shows some insights. I think you would benefit from getting a teaching adviser to help you navigate this and help you with your application. It is a free service and all our advisers are experienced teachers. To get an adviser, register here.
All the best with your application.

Laure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending