The Student Room Group

Gcse maths!!!!!

I’ve just found out that I have to get a 7 in maths to do a level chemistry and biology.
Im barely getting above 30 in each maths paper and we have 63 days until our first maths exam.
To get a 7 I need 50 marks on each paper.

CAN I get a 7???
HOW do I go from 30 to 50 marks on each paper???
Is it over?? Is it impossible??
your cooked buddy
Original post by malachi nembhard
your cooked buddy

LMAOOOO
Original post by Gokusuper789
I’ve just found out that I have to get a 7 in maths to do a level chemistry and biology.
Im barely getting above 30 in each maths paper and we have 63 days until our first maths exam.
CAN I get a 7???
Ask your teacher for a topic list for the whole curriculum or find one yourself. I would highlight what you definitely do not know, start with that: watch videos, practice questions etc. Whatver you can until you think you have mastered it. Do this through each topic. If you do a past papers let’s say once a week, anyhtinf you got wrong highlight it even if you have already mastered it and learn it over until you are confident in all topics.
CAN I get a 7???
I am so sorry. what you could do, is go on mathsgenie online, and just go through everything as they have every topic there with videos, a question and answer booklet online for free. At the end of the day, you can always retake maths but good luck!!!
CAN I get a 7???
Which board?
Original post by Simthiara
Ask your teacher for a topic list for the whole curriculum or find one yourself. I would highlight what you definitely do not know, start with that: watch videos, practice questions etc. Whatver you can until you think you have mastered it. Do this through each topic. If you do a past papers let’s say once a week, anyhtinf you got wrong highlight it even if you have already mastered it and learn it over until you are confident in all topics.

Thank u so much
Original post by Muttley79
Which board?

Edexcel maths
Edexcel maths
Dr Frost is great: https://www.drfrost.org/courses.php?coid=13

Work through your weaker areas.
Original post by Muttley79
Dr Frost is great: https://www.drfrost.org/courses.php?coid=13
Work through your weaker areas.

Thank you so muchh!
Reply 10
Highlight your trouble areas, learn the concepts using youtube videos and then just crank out past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest