The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
When you get there... :wtf?:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
You get it in your induction week, where some dull librarian goes through the rules of IT in their only show of power they get each year. You don't have to do anything, thy give it to you.
Reply 3
dob86
You get it in your induction week, where some dull librarian goes through the rules of IT in their only show of power they get each year. You don't have to do anything, thy give it to you.

Oh, alright. I was asking because some of my friends already have their university email addresses and to join the Edinburgh network on Facebook, one must enter his university email address (yet there are students who are in the Edinburgh 2013 network)
ScholarsInk
Oh, alright. I was asking because some of my friends already have their university email addresses and to join the Edinburgh network on Facebook, one must enter his university email address (yet there are students who are in the Edinburgh 2013 network)

You get your university email when you get your login details for MyEd (the university page for all kinds of stuff). From that page you can access your uni email. Some people with unconditional offers who've firmed their places have probably already been sent the details for this hence they've been able to join the network.
ScholarsInk

Facebook doesn't (or didn't a couple of years ago) actually check whether it was an Edinburgh address, you put in an email address and then you get a confirmation email to that address - I have a friend whose Edinburgh address wasn't accepted by facebook so he joined the network using a hotmail address...

And there are all sorts of reasons why people could be listed as being Edinburgh 2013 - incorrectly entering information (it's surprising just how many people at university cannot get their entry/graduation year set up correctly), people who are doing 5 year degrees starting this year (medicine, those signed up to Undergraduate MSc courses, etc.) to name a couple.

Latest

Trending

Trending