The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I quite liking asda, you just have to make the best of a bad situation. Asda pay me 8.55 an hour and i work 3 nights equivalent to minimum wage so its ok, leaves me time to do anything else i want to do:smile:
Reply 2
omg, I desperately need help finding my gap yr job, I've only had temp ones and now no one is hiring me, it is impossible and really depressing

I am so poor!!!
Reply 3
J4GGYBoss
I quite liking asda, you just have to make the best of a bad situation. Asda pay me 8.55 an hour and i work 3 nights equivalent to minimum wage so its ok, leaves me time to do anything else i want to do:smile:

*Jealous* :eek: I only earn £6

Soon to be £7.50
Reply 4
mehowee

Soon to be £7.50

where you working?
Reply 5
Mimbobanage
omg, I desperately need help finding my gap yr job, I've only had temp ones and now no one is hiring me, it is impossible and really depressing

I am so poor!!!

cheer up keep trying.
Reply 6
mehowee

Soon to be £7.50

I'm jealous of YOU! I'm only on £5.75 :frown: :frown: :frown:

making bagels all day and cleaning and whatnot. zzz...
Reply 7
You think that's soul destroying?

Try selling yourself to satan.
Reply 8
J4GGYBoss
cheer up keep trying.

I'm trying, today I got excited cause I got called after a trial but it was a 'we've decided to go with someone else' phone call ugh
=(
ah well, something should come along in the next 9 months =/
Reply 9
lol my gap year jobs want to hear it?
Started off oh gap year so went to work with my auntie at
Matalan- Opening bags of clothes all day for 4.77 an hour
Tesco A level management scheme- 6.50 per hour hated it left
Orange - 6.50 sales advisor - enough sexy girls got bored so put my hours to 6 a week
Call centre-OMG worst experience ever, left great money though still left.
Now Asda- I kind of like it to be honest, im staying put hopefully lol.
Reply 10
J4GGYBoss
where you working?

Lifeguard at Virgin Active fitness club
Mimbobanage
I'm trying, today I got excited cause I got called after a trial but it was a 'we've decided to go with someone else' phone call ugh
=(
ah well, something should come along in the next 9 months =/

just keep applying, be prepared to do anything you'll get a great experience in meet new people etc. Looking for a job should be a full time job within itself lol.
josht111
One word. Argos.

I have a better one, try
Abattoir
Reply 13
Tax returns.

I prepare tax returns.

Okay, it's about £9.50 an hour, which softens the blow, but I don't want to get out of bed in the mornings and I want to throw myself under the train on the way home.
Reply 14
Yes!! Direct selling.... :frown: Also, being described as the manager by my superiors, having to do the manager's job in a struggling shop, but still not getting paid any more/the official title for my CV.
processing direct debits that should be cancelled or reissued - I'd get through around 1400 everyday. that is what fun is.
im off to work 11 till 7 at night! :frown:, dont worry be happy!!!!!, but they give me 22 days full pay holidays, even though i only work 3 days a week!
Reply 17
grave digger?
jar labler?
cashier(god, i respect them for sitting there all day jsut scanning things over and over and over).

and over summer i work as a baker! I bake wedding cakes! 40 squid an hour i get from my mum, its awesome, although there is craploads of work and crap hours involved (like 17 hours straight both friday and saturday)
Reply 18
My job would be OK for a gap year job I'd say... it's selling from a call centre but inbound only, no cold calling.
Talya
My job would be OK for a gap year job I'd say... it's selling from a call centre but inbound only, no cold calling.

what do you sell, i r.dont like the call centre enviroment i hated it personally.

Latest