The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Maybe you should have researched it more before you applied. I know someone there, and they hate it, but I think that's more due to the social life, or lack of.
Reply 2
Go to the Open Day..tbh there are not a lot of students on TSR.and I haven't met 1 from UEA yet

Or go to the UEA forum.

Sorry I can't help you any further
I'm from the uni, the social life isn't as amazing as it would be if you went to a london uni, but it's still good (and it's a campus uni.) One of my friends from the flat next door is in his final year of pharmacy - he's really enjoying the course!
Reply 4
why has it got 100% student statisfaction 2 times in a row, yeh my friend goes to UEA and he seds its goood and seems to know a lot, I work with him at the pharmacy lol.

I'm putting this as my FIRM lol :smile: and Reading as IN :s-smilie:
because everyone's happy with the uni and the teaching. It purely depends on where you come from, I'm from London where there's a different area to go out in every night of the week. In Norwich there's only one area for nightlife which to me doesn't compare to London. It's still a top uni and I'm still enjoying my time here, don't get me wrong! I don't regret coming here at all, and would recommend it to anyone.
hamstein
why has it got 100% student statisfaction 2 times in a row, yeh my friend goes to UEA and he seds its goood and seems to know a lot, I work with him at the pharmacy lol.

I'm putting this as my FIRM lol :smile: and Reading as IN :s-smilie:

I'm putting UEA as my firm too :biggrin:
Cya in september, hopefully! haha
Reply 7
Courtenayyy
I'm putting UEA as my firm too :biggrin:
Cya in september, hopefully! haha

yeh i'll see you there :smile:
Reply 8
I'm a first year studying pharmacy at UEA, and I like it here :smile:

The pharmacy department is really friendly and the lecturers make an effort to try and get to know your names. The pharmacy year group isn't too huge and I find that we're usually pretty well informed about changes on the course/ developments/ due in work.

Recently I recieved an e-mail saying that the pharmacy department has performed so well that it's going to be recognised as an individual school (as at the moment it's twinned with Chemical Sciences) so I take that as a good sign :tongue:

And ofc as the other people said, if you're not so into big cities it's almost perfect and the nightlife might not be as varied, but I still find there's plenty going on.

You should probably be invited to a visit day, so I advise you to go along and see. There's also the UEA article on the wiki :smile:
Reply 9
Cret
I'm a first year studying pharmacy at UEA, and I like it here :smile:

The pharmacy department is really friendly and the lecturers make an effort to try and get to know your names. The pharmacy year group isn't too huge and I find that we're usually pretty well informed about changes on the course/ developments/ due in work.

Recently I recieved an e-mail saying that the pharmacy department has performed so well that it's going to be recognised as an individual school (as at the moment it's twinned with Chemical Sciences) so I take that as a good sign :tongue:

And ofc as the other people said, if you're not so into big cities it's almost perfect and the nightlife might not be as varied, but I still find there's plenty going on.

You should probably be invited to a visit day, so I advise you to go along and see. There's also the UEA article on the wiki :smile:

Oh yes I went to the open day and the buildings kind of put me off i guess, its like concrete blocks and then a bridge of concrete lol. How is the teaching though? Do you do many practicals? Do people usually achieve high in exams and tests? :confused:
Reply 10
hamstein
Oh yes I went to the open day and the buildings kind of put me off i guess, its like concrete blocks and then a bridge of concrete lol. How is the teaching though? Do you do many practicals? Do people usually achieve high in exams and tests? :confused:

Yeah, the concrete is a little off putting. Especially since they're doing all sorts of building work in the square at the moment, in the summer it's a lovely place to sit and meet with friends, the big gap in the middle is where they're placing a fountain.

In the first term we had one practical on Pharmaceutical Analysis every two weeks, the second week would be used to write up and hand in the lab report for the deadline.

This semester we have two practical labs, our first is every two weeks, is Formulation where we learn to make creams, suppositories and liquids. Our second lab is more biology orientated and we actually only have two of those this semester. I'm about to do my second, the first lab report was a b**ch!

I find the teaching good. If you ever have any problems the lecturers are open to questions via e-mail, questions after the lecture or by arranging a quick meeting with them. We have classes called Workshops where we have to work through the problems and the lectures are around to give us help when needed, although you don't have to stay the full duration and can leave early.

We also have the odd seminar (this semester) where we do alot more self driven teaching and have to make presentations to present to a small group. We also get tutorials in chemistry. We have to attempt/complete the work beforehand for these and then everything gets explained in the tutorial afterwards, particulary if there were problems with it.

Exams and tests... well this year I wouldn't really use it as a good indication lol. But I think generally people do very well. The majority of people achieve marks in the 60-80% boundaries (which is a large generalisation, as different subjects, difficulty etc. etc.) and I haven't heard of anyone failing an exam yet.

In second year, I heard we get more practicals, and third year is meant to be really busy too. However I've not got alot of details on that :smile:

Hope I helped! x
hey

I have a friend who visited the open day at UEA ie the general campus (she's not doing pharmacy though) and has told me that it's a beautiful campus and very green! So depends what you want I guess. Tis my first choice for next year though :smile:

Hope tht helps.
Reply 12
Cret
Yeah, the concrete is a little off putting. Especially since they're doing all sorts of building work in the square at the moment, in the summer it's a lovely place to sit and meet with friends, the big gap in the middle is where they're placing a fountain.

In the first term we had one practical on Pharmaceutical Analysis every two weeks, the second week would be used to write up and hand in the lab report for the deadline.

This semester we have two practical labs, our first is every two weeks, is Formulation where we learn to make creams, suppositories and liquids. Our second lab is more biology orientated and we actually only have two of those this semester. I'm about to do my second, the first lab report was a b**ch!

I find the teaching good. If you ever have any problems the lecturers are open to questions via e-mail, questions after the lecture or by arranging a quick meeting with them. We have classes called Workshops where we have to work through the problems and the lectures are around to give us help when needed, although you don't have to stay the full duration and can leave early.

We also have the odd seminar (this semester) where we do alot more self driven teaching and have to make presentations to present to a small group. We also get tutorials in chemistry. We have to attempt/complete the work beforehand for these and then everything gets explained in the tutorial afterwards, particulary if there were problems with it.

Exams and tests... well this year I wouldn't really use it as a good indication lol. But I think generally people do very well. The majority of people achieve marks in the 60-80% boundaries (which is a large generalisation, as different subjects, difficulty etc. etc.) and I haven't heard of anyone failing an exam yet.

In second year, I heard we get more practicals, and third year is meant to be really busy too. However I've not got alot of details on that :smile:

Hope I helped! x

Thankss :smile: I repped you, wow I thought there would be a practical everyday hah guess not. Do you know when UEA will be on the pharmacy league tables? I've been waiting for agess :confused:
Reply 13
hamstein
Thankss :smile: I repped you, wow I thought there would be a practical everyday hah guess not. Do you know when UEA will be on the pharmacy league tables? I've been waiting for agess :confused:

Oh god no, a practical everyday would be the death of me! We tend to have 3 hour slots for our practicals.

Unfortunately I have no idea about the league tables :frown: Sorry about that! x

Latest

Trending

Trending