The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fusion
The ex head of the Met even picked up on the amount of AfroCarribeans involved in, say, muggings (80%), so either afroCaribbean parents don't discipline their children enough, or they do and it's not working.

Yea no other race commits crimes apart from us black people. . . . :rolleyes:

Where did you get that source from? . .please reference.
Reply 81
otehr side of the coin... ive never heard of a white young kid having a tantrum in public, but always see this for black/asian/arab kids... i wonder why? Also notice how for a large amount of black/asian kids the mothers prefer to hold the baby and use the pram for shopping, not so for white kids... so they prefer more bodily relationship
Is this related to why asians often go into finance or science?
musti123
otehr side of the coin... ive never heard of a white young kid having a tantrum in public, but always see this for black/asian/arab kids... i wonder why? Also notice how for a large amount of black/asian kids the mothers prefer to hold the baby and use the pram for shopping, not so for white kids... so they prefer more bodily relationship

LoL . . .Work in a supermarket on checkouts, that is where it usually happens - I hear and see it every week from Caucasian children.
Reply 84
musti123

What :confused: :confused: :eek:
Reply 85
DancinBallerina
Yea no other race commits crimes apart from us black people. . . . :rolleyes:

Where did you get that source from? . .please reference.

I didn't say that, it's the disproportion

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1380721/Black-youths-blamed-for-most-mobile-phone-thefts.html

BLACK youths, often operating in gangs, are behind the huge rise in mobile phone thefts in inner cities, according to research.

They are responsible for the "overwhelming majority" of robberies and most of their victims are white, a Home Office study said yesterday.

In London, where eight per cent of the population aged over 10 is black, about 70 per cent of those accused of stealing mobile phones last year were black. White youths were the victims in the vast majority of cases, followed by Asian youths.

Paul Condon
Reply 86
Bubbles*de*Milo
It's discipline though.

it is discipline and punishment, but so is torture- does that make that ok?
Reply 89
I'm white and my parents aren't scared of me.
Although I don't give them reason to go ahead and try hit me as I respect my parents.
greeny632
it is discipline and punishment, but so is torture- does that make that ok?

No; torture is solely meant as a punishment. Slapping your child is not a torture.
Paxdax
Too many white parents actually do hit their children. However, civilised and proper parents do not need to do it. There are lots and lots of other ways to punish, ie ground, suspend allowance, etc etc.

It's ********* like you who make this country a nanny state. Get your head out of your own arse
Danielle89
It's ********* like you who make this country a nanny state. Get your head out of your own arse

OWNED!
Reply 93
A Stranger in Moscow
Is this related to why asians often go into finance or science?

Possibly yes.

But I think it's more to do with the fact that (some) white parents let their kids not work through school and do History of Art Graphic Design Communication instead of a degree that actually gets you a job.

This post will probably cause a stir, but I have known too many people (including relatives) that have wasted 3 years of their life and thousands of pounds only to find themselves in a worse position than when they finished school!

Ask anyone that has finished an Art, Videography etc. Degree (that wasn't from Oxbridge!) how they're doing.

Being mixed race, as a kid I had my ass whooped in all kinds of ways. But to be honest when I look at what I could have become without some discipline, I'm thankful for it.
Fusion
I didn't say that, it's the disproportion

No wasn't suggesting that you said that - just everyone always suggests that us black people always commit crimes, its never anyone else.

The amount of times, i have been accused of things and I have done nothing wrong, is unbelievable - why? all because I am black, therefore i steal and commit crimes. :rolleyes:

Also in regards to race and discipline, I wasn't actually discussing the crime in connection, I was purely saying that my family who are black discipline a lot more than those of Caucasian race. But i can see your connection, but Caucasian children also commit crimes, but are heavily under represented by stats and the HO. . . .
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI

Haven't read the whole thread so somebody may have put this up already - this thread just reminded me of it :smile:
Reply 96
Bubbles*de*Milo
No; torture is solely meant as a punishment. Slapping your child is not a torture.

thats ones opinion and I respect it.
Don't talk absolute crap, my parents are far from afraid of me and I used to get smacked when I was little, and I learned good from bad. I'm not like the yobs down the road who destroy stuff for no apparent reason and don't respect anyone, those parents are scared of their kids. Don't generalise so much.
Reply 98
ghanglish
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI

Haven't read the whole thread so somebody may have put this up already - this thread just reminded me of it :smile:

Don't worry, I've already done it.
People need to realise how realistic this is: "Ryan" reminds me so much of my classmates in primary school. Growing up in Yorkshire, I was the only one with an Indian dad. :biggrin:
foundintransmission
Don't talk absolute crap, my parents are far from afraid of me and I used to get smacked when I was little, and I learned good from bad. I'm not like the yobs down the road who destroy stuff for no apparent reason and don't respect anyone, those parents are scared of their kids. Don't generalise so much.

Nothing to do with your post, but I love the sig picture lol . . .:p: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending