The Student Room Group

Uni Placement HELP!!!

I am currently looking for an IT/Networking company to employ me for a 1 year placement starting in June this year, i am based in the south east and can get into london with no problems.

If any of you have any contacts i.e. ya family or friends own their own firm or you know someone who works for an IT/Networking firm could you leave some contact information so i could get in touch with them please???

Cheers! :biggrin:
Reply 1
I don't have any openings, but I know that there wasn't an opening at all when I applied for a web development placement within the council. Don't be afraid to write to local authorities and other people that you wouldn't think of usually. Even building contractors etc have IT departments. Seeking the job rather than just applying for it helps you to come off better. :smile:
Reply 2
karl0s
I don't have any openings, but I know that there wasn't an opening at all when I applied for a web development placement within the council. Don't be afraid to write to local authorities and other people that you wouldn't think of usually. Even building contractors etc have IT departments. Seeking the job rather than just applying for it helps you to come off better. :smile:

Can't agree more, I have an aunt and uncle who are working in the IT industry and although my uncle did do a spell for Microsoft neither of them have jobs for conventional IT firms :smile: , you'd be just as likely I think to find a position in an IT department at a place like a security firm (the ones that monitor household alarms and so on), in fact thats where they both work now.

Latest

Trending

Trending