The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FM08
Well I live South, in a ******* dump, and I can safely say anywhere near is just as bad and worse. Tell me one nice place in south central?

The people as well, urgh, I shiver with horror.

London has no charm! Driven by materialistic things only.

I live in South East, New Cross to be exact, I ******* love it. Excellent pubs every corner you turn, full of young creative minds from all over England, pretty much no ****** kids, so pretty much no trouble when you're walking around at night.

Galleries all over the ******* place, fun as hell house parties, loads of intelligent well read people once you get past the dick heads as well.

Like I say, if you hate London, you probably just don't get it. Just because you hate where you live doesn't mean the whole of London is exactly the same, and the great thing is, if you don't like the area you live in, you could just move.
I :love: London.
The people, the atmosphere, the nightlife, the daylife, the oyster, the transport, the crappy areas, the nice areas, the Arab areas, Chinatown, the dodgy man on Oxford street, the Londonpaper, the London Lite, icecream from Hyde Park, skating in Queens Way, 'exercise' at Queens Park and the crappy kids swimming pool, the patisseries in Marylebone, the Tescos on the corner, the Cinema on Marble Arch, the fact that I can get Shawarma anywhere in the city, the beautiful diversity of people but still all Londoners, Maroush, the dealers trying to sell to you on Soho, the clubs, the lights, the pollution, the attitude. I love everything about this city.
Maybe it's because I'm just 19, but I can't imagine living anywhere else as happily.
It is a land of profitunity.

After waking up in the morning and looking out of my window the first things I see are the towers of Canary Wharf.

What a beautiful sight.
Bubbles*de*Milo
The people, the atmosphere, the nightlife, the daylife, the oyster, the transport, the crappy areas, the nice areas, the Arab areas, Chinatown, the dodgy man on Oxford street, the Londonpaper, the London Lite, icecream from Hyde Park, skating in Queens Way, the Cinema on Marble Arch, Maroush, the dealers trying to sell to you on Soho, the clubs, the lights, the pollution, the attitude. I love everything about this city.
Maybe it's because I'm just 19, but I can't imagine living anywhere else as happily.

almsot snap!
Reply 44
I think you summed it up well ' people just want to get on with their business '
Reply 45
I love London and I want to live here forever and ever :woo:
London Town is the place to be!! :cool:
Bubbles*de*Milo
The people, the atmosphere, the nightlife, the daylife, the oyster, the transport, the crappy areas, the nice areas, the Arab areas, Chinatown, the dodgy man on Oxford street, the Londonpaper, the London Lite, icecream from Hyde Park, skating in Queens Way, 'exercise' at Queens Park and the crappy kids swimming pool, the patisseries in Marylebone, the Tescos on the corner, the Cinema on Marble Arch, the fact that I can get Shawarma anywhere in the city, the beautiful diversity of people but still all Londoners, Maroush, the dealers trying to sell to you on Soho, the clubs, the lights, the pollution, the attitude. I love everything about this city.

FFFFF
LONDON IN THE SUMMER OH GOD!

That's the thing as well, London is pretty ******* great in the autumn and the winter, but as soon as summer time hits, O my God it gets like ten times better.

Smoking weed in the park, playing Frisbee, garden parties, barbecues and walking around for ages and ages just taking in the sights. So good.
Reply 47
bete noire
FFFFF

That's the thing as well, London is pretty ******* great in the autumn and the winter, but as soon as summer time hits, O my God it gets like ten times better.

Smoking weed in the park, playing Frisbee, garden parties, barbecues and walking around for ages and ages just taking in the sights. So good.

I love the summertime in London!! :woo:
Sine
I love the summertime in London!! :woo:

Wooo! Not long left!
Reply 49
bete noire
Wooo! Not long left!

I know!! The sun is setting later and later. Soon it is going to set at like 7/8. I love that!! :woo:
Reply 50
It's fine. I would have said it's a good place to have a nice job.
I absolutely love it. I try and go there as often as possible (even if the trains are expensive) and I stay for as long as possible (money dependent). I suppose growing up in the same town in Norfolk for my whole life means that London present a twinkling star in the distance and I always want to try and get as close as possible.

Luckily, come September, I'll be moving there. :biggrin:
Reply 52
London's a terrific place. Very vibrant, and so varied: one moment you can feel like you're at the centre of a great imperial capital, then down the road and you'll feel as if you're in a small Victorian town.
Reply 53
I absolutely love London- theres so much stuff to do..
canny wait til september
Reply 54
I love it! I've lived here all my life and made sure the uni I went to was a London one so I could stay here. Cannot wait for summer to come when I can wander along the South Bank eating ice cream and watching all the free stuff that's put on!
Reply 55
bete noire
FFFFF

getting drunk in the middle of a sunny day in green park and watching everyone going about their work, rollerblading in kensington gardens when its really hot. i think all of us have been on at least one date involving the boats on the serpentine, small french patisseries in south ken, hot french girls from the lycée, sunday brunch in a westbourne grove bistro, climbing over the gates to get out of the parks once they have been locked at night, maroush juice on kensington high street, sitting in the sun outside a pub with people after work, those annoying people selling roses in the west end at night, all day house parties, getting out of town to the continent or the country to avoid carnival on august bank holiday, football and volleyball in hyde park on the grass, watching those people playing rollerhockey near the albert hall, spending a boiling day chilling with friends and going clubbing, walking home with people just going to work in the morning...

:h: i lub london in the summer :love:

got all sentimental there haha
Reply 56
FM08
Well I live South, in a ******* dump, and I can safely say anywhere near is just as bad and worse. Tell me one nice place in south central?

The people as well, urgh, I shiver with horror.

London has no charm! Driven by materialistic things only.

Dulwich is in South London and is a very pleasant place, has a huge park and good transport links, and also doesn't suffer the same social problems as surrounding areas like Brixton, Peckham and Lewisham. Even then it's only certain parts of those areas which are unpleasant.
I liked it when I lived there for a while ,but I was living in south london and it was ROUGH at night ,I would be walking to the shop and nearly get a firework thrown in my face by a gang from the high rise estate ,I would be walking down the at night and random men who looked like 'snoop dog' would walk up and grab my hand and puff their stink smokey breath in my face! ,I miss it though although iwas quite traumatised for a while!!
loafer
getting drunk in the middle of a sunny day in green park and watching everyone going about their work, rollerblading in kensington gardens when its really hot. i think all of us have been on at least one date involving the boats on the serpentine, small french patisseries in south ken, hot french girls from the lycée, sunday brunch in a westbourne grove bistro, climbing over the gates to get out of the parks once they have been locked at night, maroush juice on kensington high street, sitting in the sun outside a pub with people after work, those annoying people selling roses in the west end at night, all day house parties, getting out of town to the continent or the country to avoid carnival on august bank holiday, football and volleyball in hyde park on the grass, watching those people playing rollerhockey near the albert hall, spending a boiling day chilling with friends and going clubbing, walking home with people just going to work in the morning...

:h: i lub london in the summer :love:

got all sentimental there haha

Roehampton is a different story lol!
Reply 59
I loooove London.I could happily live there,and I plan to go uni there in a few years (fingers crossed) :smile: Its such an interesting place,with loads happening,it really does feel like you are part of something. When we went on a trip to the Tate last month I enjoyed driving there and looking at everything more than the actual art gallery!

Latest

Trending

Trending