The Student Room Group

which a levels?!!

hey all
i'm new to the student room.
i know there aren't any specific subjects for law but i was wondering wot you'd think would be the best combination. i'm doing AS Latin this year and i'm thinking of doing AS and A2 History but i'm not taking GCSE history. i've been told byy my teachers that it's ok and perfectly possible to take A Level history without the GCSE but my friends have been telling me that it's really hard and all. so wot do you think would be the best combination for AS next year.
I'm definitely taking:
AS English
AS Biology
A2 Latin

but for my fourth should i do AS History or AS Chemistry?
If you can write well, take an interest in history and were a high achiever before you dropped the subject, you'll be fine! The AS course is often different to what you would've studdied at GCSE, anyway. You may find it hard, or you may not, but not taking it to GCSE will have little contribution to this.

Of course Arts subjects are better preperation for Law careers. But with English and Latin already, I don't think you'd even need History. Chemistry would go very well with your Biology. Taking Latin, is very impressive.
I did History at GCSE, I carried it on to AS but the course was totally different to that at GCSE. You'd be at no disadvantage as it's a huge change even for people who've studied it earlier, the types of exam questions are different etc.

So you're a year ahead with your Latin, or have I just got myself all confused? I'm currently revising my socks off for A2 Latin (or attempting to) but it's not really working *sniffs*
Reply 3
yeah i'm a year ahead with latin. but god do i have a lot to learn for the exam next month! how hard is A2 Latin compared with the AS?
lizzieD
yeah i'm a year ahead with latin. but god do i have a lot to learn for the exam next month! how hard is A2 Latin compared with the AS?

See your PMs :smile:
There are plenty of long threads just like this on this law forum... I'm sure you'll find those helpful :smile:
Try these:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t99002.html
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t99869.html
:smile:

Basically it's most important of all to do subjects in which you're confident in succeeding (and that you will enjoy!). But to choose between Chemistry & History.. it won't make much of a difference to be honest. They're both aongst the most highly-respected A-levels (although I don't agree with it). I would probably go with History though, as it has more in common with law.

Latest

Trending

Trending