The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
its fantastic! every vet school has a fancy dress theme and the 5th years have there own theme as well. you all travel down on coachs on the friday in you costume. drinking (if you drink of ocurse) starts on the bus, so you end up with many drunk vets in service stations lol. you have a night out on the friday (usually in the guild or similar of the uni). you crash at any willing random hosting vets house with loads of others (its amazing how many people can fit in how small a space). sat you have the sports compeition but most people (esp dublin vets!!) are drunk or very hungover. the sports are rugby(mens and womens), football(mens and womens), hockey(mixed), netball, basketball (mixed) and then some random competitoins like iron stomach competition. Then you have some kind of bar crawl back to the base or guild or whatever on the sat night and crash at (usualy) the same persons house as thats were you stuff is. you then have a hungover jouney back on the sunday. the costumes are mostly for the fri night. you get t shirts that have solgans on and say your vet school etc as well. for example liverpool went as bees so we had yellow polo shirts with liverpool avs swarm and a bee in a small logo on the front and then on the back it there was a massive bee and liverpool avs-100% refined and for the girls "come polinate my flower" and guys "wanna taste my honey".
Nottingham were dalmations and had t shirts saying doing it doggie style since 2006, glasgow were disco people so had something about disco balls. edinburgh were mario so had something about pressing buttons. bristols t shirts wernt that great but they were noddys. rvc were jocks and cheerleeders and i forget what there t shirts were like. cant be bothered to list the rest.

its such a good weekend! highly recomended. even though bristol couldnt handle the mass of vets and everyone was chucked outa the sports grounds...and later the union. oopppsss....
J_E_N_N_Y
its fantastic! every vet school has a fancy dress theme and the 5th years have there own theme as well. you all travel down on coachs on the friday in you costume. drinking (if you drink of ocurse) starts on the bus, so you end up with many drunk vets in service stations lol. you have a night out on the friday (usually in the guild or similar of the uni). you crash at any willing random hosting vets house with loads of others (its amazing how many people can fit in how small a space). sat you have the sports compeition but most people (esp dublin vets!!) are drunk or very hungover. the sports are rugby(mens and womens), football(mens and womens), hockey(mixed), netball, basketball (mixed) and then some random competitoins like iron stomach competition. Then you have some kind of bar crawl back to the base or guild or whatever on the sat night and crash at (usualy) the same persons house as thats were you stuff is. you then have a hungover jouney back on the sunday. the costumes are mostly for the fri night. you get t shirts that have solgans on and say your vet school etc as well. for example liverpool went as bees so we had yellow polo shirts with liverpool avs swarm and a bee in a small logo on the front and then on the back it there was a massive bee and liverpool avs-100% refined and for the girls "come polinate my flower" and guys "wanna taste my honey".
Nottingham were dalmations and had t shirts saying doing it doggie style since 2006, glasgow were disco people so had something about disco balls. edinburgh were mario so had something about pressing buttons. bristols t shirts wernt that great but they were noddys. rvc were jocks and cheerleeders and i forget what there t shirts were like. cant be bothered to list the rest.

its such a good weekend! highly recomended. even though bristol couldnt handle the mass of vets and everyone was chucked outa the sports grounds...and later the union. oopppsss....

that sounds AMAZING!
J_E_N_N_Y

Are there limited spaces for AVS for each vet school? And if so, is it hard to get a space or are most people who want to go able to?
laurasaurus
rent for mary.b is :
"£127.09 per week including utility bills and contents insurance"
but that says for 2008/2009 so its probably even more now lol

Flipping heck! Deary me... UNITE must be raking it in.
Reply 44
OllyH
Are there limited spaces for AVS for each vet school? And if so, is it hard to get a space or are most people who want to go able to?

it depends if the vet school hosting set a max of people. bristol was unlimited. but dublin wasnt because of the fact you had to go over on a ferry and some health and saftey reasons. we had the most at bristol. 5 full coach loads of us!
Reply 45
J_E_N_N_Y
its fantastic!

ooo hehe im all excited now!! Even tho its like 8 months away! :woo:

Just to let you all know there is now a RVC freshers facebook for 2009!!!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=23826251503&ref=mf
I can't believe how much they're no charging for halls, thats ridiculous, private rents haven't really gone up much.

In answer to someones Q, I didn't gets halls in first year as according to the RVC my parents lived to close. This happened for about 20ish people in our year (not including all those who chose to stay at home), and some lived 2 hours away, so you're not guaranteed a place if you live within 30ish miles of london. so in first (and second) year I lived in a gorgeous house in Holloway with other vet students. And to be honest (esp for those who are now panicing due to living close) I'm really glad I wasn't in halls. Also I wasn't charged extortionate rates for crap internet!

I haven't been to AVS either, but its coming to us now, so i can be lazy :smile:
Reply 47
Hey :smile: Just firmed my offer from RVC! Can't wait to start now and meet everyone in September :biggrin: AVS sounds fantastic!!!
thanks for the info on accommodation, i just need to pick my 3rd choice now :smile:

and i agree avs sounds amazing, will be nice to get to host it as well!! ooooh im getting all excited now :p:
Reply 49
Just firmed my RVC offer, I am a grad student and cannot wait to pack in my job and start in September
Congrats LaurieLou and Willow 7 - welcome to the dysfunctional family!
Reply 51
lol dysfunctional?? :p:

And indeed welcome!! hahah so is anyone else thinking abwt inter college halls or isi just me??
Reply 52
RVC= FIRMED! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Reply 53
schmel86
RVC= FIRMED! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wooooo!! :wink: well done on ur 4 offers!! thats pretty osm!! Wat made go for RVC? (apart from its quite simply the best one!!!:p: )
Reply 54
Woop woop. Hello team. RVC firmed.

Schmel, you got FOUR offers! Woaaaaaah! Thats just selfish! Well done! I think I feel inferior to my coursemates before I have begun...x
Don't worry, lots of people only get one offer - I did!

And yes of course we're dysfunctional, we're vets lol
Reply 56
Emma Sky
Wooooo!! :wink: well done on ur 4 offers!! thats pretty osm!! Wat made go for RVC? (apart from its quite simply the best one!!!:p: )

It is TOTALLY the best one! I just got goosebumps walking around there- yep random I know,hehe. I think you get a 'feel' for a place. It also offers grads the 4 year course which means less money. I did love nottingham too but really just felt at home at RVC. It is just amazing there, I love love love it! :yep:
batty_hatty
Don't worry, lots of people only get one offer - I did!

I did too, RVC was my only offer.

Eek, had 2:40hrs of exams today, another 1:30 hour exam tomoz... fun times!
Reply 58
AshMashMash
I did too, RVC was my only offer.

Eek, had 2:40hrs of exams today, another 1:30 hour exam tomoz... fun times!

I bet vetty exams are much more exciting than revising for physics :tongue:
same, only had the RVC offer! :biggrin:

argh I hate exams, exams are never fun...
especially tomorrow as they have split our year into three groups, and are locking the first group into a room after their exam until the others have gone in so they don't go around telling everyone the questions... and guess who's in the first group?! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending