The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone get Bankside??? Is it nice there :confused: ?? My only concern is that its a long walk to LSE ... :s-smilie:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
sulpicia
How do the mechanics of a twin room work...Say if you decide to bring a couple of chicas home for the night .... and your roomie objects...

i have to admit i too started thinking this :s-smilie: lol hmm unless you go to theirs instead...or you get roomed with the love of your life....tho i doubt lse would allocate a mixed gender room tbh...someone whos shared/sharing a room a uni may be able to shed light on this situation?

:woo:
O.o mY SaRcAsM
i have to admit i too started thinking this :s-smilie: lol hmm unless you go to theirs instead...or you get roomed with the love of your life....tho i doubt lse would allocate a mixed gender room tbh...someone whos shared/sharing a room a uni may be able to shed light on this situation?

:woo:

Your roommate stays with a friend if you have somebody over and vice versa?!
tbh i might give the admissions office a ring sometime and ask why theyve given me a shared room. I mean i know that it said when selecting Northumberland students should be expected to share however it was my 2nd choice (lilian knowles 1st High Holborn 3rd) and i put having a single room to the top of my priorities thinking i might have had a shot at the single rooms there...obvs not :P
i'll have to see what they say ..probs just be like sorry take it or leave it...
man i need my own private space :'(
lycheeloves
Did anyone get Bankside??? Is it nice there :confused: ?? My only concern is that its a long walk to LSE ... :s-smilie:

Not that long maybe at most 20min plus I know a few people who walk to LSE from bankside everyday and plus there are other halls which the walk is much more longer
Reply 385
ohhh gawd im still waiting for mine...and Northumberland was my first choice but it seems like they've given out quite a few offers already...though question for those with offers...have you all firmed LSE? I haven't as yet because I'm unsure about my insurance but if that's why they haven't offered me accommodation yet then i'll hurry up i guess!
El Mariachi
Nice one!

I've got an offer for Rosebery :grin: !

I guess CS was my first choice, but I don't really mind, Rosebery is still wicked, I think I'll stick with it :grin: !

Woooo, am super excited now!

I will be in Rosebery too - which room did you get? I got a shared room...

I'll be doing MSc in Social and Public Communication - how about you?

Looking forwards to coming to London:wink:
Reply 387
El Mariachi
Must have been something to do with the priorities I put down. I think I put social as first, then cost..then can't remember. I'm happy though, Rosebery is wicked and I was struggling to pick between CS and Rosebery anyway...some people have got accommodation they didn't even put down as one of their choices :frown:

hummm I didn't really remember what things I put first :confused: Well... what can I say, I'm happy!
Reply 388
lycheeloves

Ohhh c'mon! All the accommodations are in zone 1 and most of the LSE ones are max 25min walk to LSE! That's nothing in a city!
hey.. its been more then a week already and i haven got my confirmation regarding my application.. should i send them a email or something..

and yea.. i was reading a few posts about sharing form.. i have a collegemate now who is also going to lse.. and we filled out our forms the exact same choices and preferences.. so lets say if we get lucky and get the same place and type of room... can we specifically request to be room mates?
Reply 390
hardeep123
hey.. its been more then a week already and i haven got my confirmation regarding my application.. should i send them a email or something..

and yea.. i was reading a few posts about sharing form.. i have a collegemate now who is also going to lse.. and we filled out our forms the exact same choices and preferences.. so lets say if we get lucky and get the same place and type of room... can we specifically request to be room mates?

yeh once u get ur confirmation of accomodation there is a sharing form to fill out which asks some random questions about sleep patterns and mess and stuff and there is a box to put a specific person you want to share with x
Reply 391
DIVAlaDES
yeh once u get ur confirmation of accomodation there is a sharing form to fill out which asks some random questions about sleep patterns and mess and stuff and there is a box to put a specific person you want to share with x

I suspect I might specify... very tidy person who goes to sleep before 11..
Hi everybody,

I have received an offer for a single room at Rosebery Hall!

Does anybody know if the bathroom facilities at Rosebery Hall are clean?

And can anybody tell me how big the approximate percentage of postgraduate students is at Rosebery?

Thanx so much for your help!

xxx
Reply 393
London2009
Hi everybody,

xxx

#

What an odd question. The question of whether the bathrooms are clean is a loooong way down my list of considerations
Reply 394
Do you guys think there's any chance at all of finding somebody willing to swap a High Holborn single for a Passfield double room?
Reply 395
London2009
Hi everybody,

And can anybody tell me how big the approximate percentage of postgraduate students is at Rosebery?

xxx

Hey, I'm going to go to Rosebery too :grin: !

The bathrooms are pretty clean I think, they are cleaned everyday so they must be.
El Mariachi
Hey, I've got a single room. I'm doing BSc Maths and Economics. Are you in Rosebery Avenue or Myddleton Wing?

Loooking forward to London too :grin:

I will be in Rosebery Avenue - how about you? :biggrin:
London2009
Hi everybody,

xxx

According to the quota last year, there was an approximately 38% of 1st year postgraduate students in Rosebery. Majorty were 1st year undergraduate - around 50%. Not sure about this year though....

Are you a postgraduate student? What programme will you do?
Reply 398
Whats the best choice for 1st year postgrads? Especially for someone new to London that doesn't know anyone (ie really social)?

Is doing a flatshare or private residence advisable (I have lived on my own for a year now and can't imagine sleeping in a single bed)?
Reply 399
If the deposit was made online, is there a need to submit a Acceptance Form?

Latest

Trending

Trending