The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Go to the UCL board...

My bad... I guess most people on this board will either be at UCL or going next year...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I do, what do you wanna know
Reply 3
a_t
I do, what do you wanna know

is it sikk?
Reply 4
graffic
Whats it like? Is it similar to Imperial? My friend goes to Imperial says it's very unpretentious (unlike Oxford) and exciting place to be. Apparantly UCL is similar and is rivals with Imperial.

Imperial is a total sausage fest so no, it is pretentious in parts but not particularly, it's about as pretentious as anywhere else to be honest, but class is certainly no divide in making friends

London is amazing so yeah it is pretty exciting

I dunno about a rivalry with Imperial, any real rivalry is more with kings

graffic
And did you get 3A's buddy?

I'm predicted 2 A's and a B. Damn OCR politics is such a poor course. I'm thinking they might still let me in with two A's.

I got 4 A's at A level
UCL> all.

The English lot are A*
graffic
So with 2 A's and 1 B I would have a chance at getting on the English course?

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/prospectus/arts-and-humanities/english/

Well their offer for next year is 3 A's.
Reply 7
graffic
So with 2 A's and 1 B I would have a chance at getting on the English course?

So how come you did not try for Oxford or Cambridge if you got 4 A's?

I did, I got rejected after interview
Sum it up:

UCL = Oxbridge rejects.

QMUL = UCL rejects.
Reply 9
Bubbles*de*Milo
Sum it up:

UCL = Oxbridge rejects.

QMUL = UCL rejects.

To be honest if I'd been rejected from UCL I would have taken my offer at Kings or LSE
a_t
To be honest if I'd been rejected from UCL I would have taken my offer at Kings or LSE

Piss off. ¬_¬
a_t
I dunno about a rivalry with Imperial, any real rivalry is more with kings

I think the sciencey students feel more of a rivalry with Imp in the same way as us lawyers have a sort-of rivalry with LSE.
Reply 12
Bubbles*de*Milo
Piss off. ¬_¬

:rofl:

Onearmedbandit
I think the sciencey students feel more of a rivalry with Imp in the same way as us lawyers have a sort-of rivalry with LSE.

Ah I see, I only have a handful of science friends, yeah my feelings towards LSE are annoyance because some people say its better than UCL, when they are both like equal for law :yep:
a_t
:rofl:

Srsly...be gone. ¬_¬
Reply 14
Bubbles*de*Milo
Srsly...be gone. ¬_¬

:hahaha:

Well if it makes you feel better I cried when I got rejected from oxford, thats the only time in my life I actually failed at something I really put my mind to
a_t

Ah I see, I only have a handful of science friends, yeah my feelings towards LSE are annoyance because some people say its better than UCL, when they are both like equal for law :yep:

in what sense?
Reply 16
BetterThanYesterday
in what sense?

In what sense? You're going to have to be a bit more specific than that
Reply 17
BetterThanYesterday
in what sense?

It the sense that, if you come to UCL to do Economics, you will most likely become annoyed at LSE because people will invariably tell you that LSE is better for Economics, when in fact UCL and LSE are roughly neck and neck for Economics (as well as Law).

But on the plus side, LSE's world ranking is waaaaaay lower than UCL's world ranking:yep:

(also people at LSE seem dull)
Reply 18
paddy

Seem?

More like FACT

LSE OD's on internationals
paddy
It the sense that, if you come to UCL to do Economics, you will most likely become annoyed at LSE because people will invariably tell you that LSE is better for Economics, when in fact UCL and LSE are roughly neck and neck for Economics (as well as Law).

ahhh yeah understood, like in my case, when people see my sig, they always question why did I choose UCL over LSE for pure econ. Reputation is not the be all and end all and Oxbridge is so much better than LSE prestige-wise.

I just love London and UCL's environment, and atmosphere.

more nerds, geeks, unsociable people and weird internationals at LSE.
It's more like a fact? :p:

paddy

But on the plus side, LSE's world ranking is waaaaaay lower than UCL's world ranking:yep:

THIS :yep:
UCL ranked 7th last year and LSE was somewhere like 60 or 70ish. Although LSE is ranked the 2nd or 3rd in the social science table, who cares for that? Overall ranking is waaaaay more important to the general public. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending