The Student Room Group

Edexcel DIDA ICT - Does it go towards a sixth form conditional offer?

Hey, does anyone know if colleges accept DIDA as part of a conditional offer? I have a conditional offer of 6 A/A* for a sixth form, which I aim on getting, but I am pretty much relying on DIDA (2x A*) for this, along with others which I have in the bag. Without DIDA, I think I will struggle on getting what I need for the conditional offer.

Thanks
Reply 1
Rayven
Hey, does anyone know if colleges accept DIDA as part of a conditional offer? I have a conditional offer of 6 A/A* for a sixth form, which I aim on getting, but I am pretty much relying on DIDA (2x A*) for this, along with others which I have in the bag. Without DIDA, I think I will struggle on getting what I need for the conditional offer.

Thanks

Yes, colleges will accept DIDA, but i;m not too sure about universities.
Where on earth are you going that has an offer of 6A/A*?!

This incredibly over-subscribed college that has 3500 applicants for 1500 spaces only asked me for 5 A-C lol
Reply 3
It really depends on the college/6th form - I'd ring and ask.

My school did DiDA and a large number of the surrounding colleges didn't have a clue what it was. I had a friend who ended up coming back to 6th form because his college wouldn't except DiDA as part of his offer.
Reply 4
Depends on the sixth form, ring them and ask.
Reply 5
I'd like to know what college you're going to. The one I go to got the highest ALPS (value added) score for AS in the country for my year and our entry requirements were only Bs. Down the road is Winstanley College which, from what I'm aware, is around 2nd the the whole country on the guardian college A Level tables. It only asked for 1 A and 7 Bs (around that. That's what the points equated to when I had the chance to apply [I didn't apply too far away]).

But in answer to your question... RING UP AND ASK! We're not the college's admissions team, are we?
One of the top ones in our city have a requirement of Bs in the subjects you're taking and 6 A*-Cs... 6 A/A*s is ridiculous!
Reply 7
Whats the name of this college?

Most of the ones I plan on going to are rank order colleges, therefore, I need at least 7A*'s to stand a chance of getting in. (only a few available places for external applicants, thats why)
AMAsankey
Whats the name of this college?

Most of the ones I plan on going to are rank order colleges, therefore, I need at least 7A*'s to stand a chance of getting in. (only a few available places for external applicants, thats why)

Is it a private or state College?
Saint Made-Up's College.
My school forced us to do DiDA (which I think is WORTHLESS) and then the Sixth Form of the very same school refuse to accept it. WTF is that?

DiDA is not ICT. GCSE ICT or Applied ICT will teach you a whole lot more. (This is for anybody thinking of doing DiDA) I ******* hated it because it was really boring and I learnt nothing and still got a crap mark (B equiv.) because it's so tedious, I could've easily got an A or A* in normal ICT because I've been using computers since I was 8. This course sucks. /rant.

Sorry about that. haha
Reply 11
supercoolfred
Is it a private or state College?

some private and some state. Why people are in disbelief I dont know?

Latest