The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Chemistry is the hardest of my subjects imo because it's all about memorising things like complex ions and not about understanding things.
Biology is an easier subject to do as if you understand the key concepts, you can blag your way through the exam although the mark schemes are pretty harsh!
Maths is quite enjoyable (worryingly) as it's more like puzzles although there are difficult methods to use.
jit987
Dont understand you.?

I weep for humanity.
A Mysterious Lord
:ditto:

Although you only go to Runshaw :p:

Experienced Kaan yet?

He left just before christmas, he was a good tutor actually, he forced us to be competent. We had Alan afterwards who's the nicest person ever but people took advantage of that and pissed about so he couldn't be arsed teaching us, don't blame him really.
physics, or statistics
Reply 44
HannahRos
You sig is the funniest video! Rep tomorrow! :smile:

I head Human Bio was one of the hardest but it's dependant on the individual. I'm doing Law revision right now and it's not hard at all by there's soooo much of it so I'm not suggesting it at all but content amount is another factor come exam time.

Why thank you :biggrin:
At A-Level I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and General Studies.

I found General Studies to be the hardest, mainly because of the Government and Politics modules.
Biology :puke:
biology definitely.
Reply 48

Chemistry is the hardest in my opinion.
Reply 49
I'd have to say further maths, I'm doing the exams for it over the next 2 weeks and its the hardest thing I've ever done. Although i hear Physics and Chemistry are really hard too
Reply 50
imo
id say french
Reply 51
I do biology, chemistry, physics, maths, further maths, and did AS french.
Further maths is by far the hardest!
Reply 52
I think french without a doubt.

You can pretty much blag maths, it has easy modules such as C1, C2, D1, S1 etc. so you can always get a B pretty easily. It's the same in a lot of subjects but I think french (especially on OCR) is extremely difficult and the level of fluency required is more like university level than any other subject.
Physics for the most part should be pretty straight forward but sometimes I'm just like WTF?! Having said that, the AQA AS exams this year were quite easy, and I fail at physics usually.
I find maths hard but in a way it's easier than english because it's a lot more logical. You either know it or you don't and you just have to remember the right steps. English on the otherhand is a lot more abstract.
And geography is piss easy, it's just common sense.
Reply 54
I love maths even though I find it quite hard, I think I might be the only person that thinks chemistry is quite easy, but I just have a knack for it. Biology is disgustingly hard for me but I love biology, especially when I'm revising I just think to myself wow this is such a great subject loool
Reply 55
Samwelln
Chemistry is the hardest of my subjects imo because it's all about memorising things like complex ions and not about understanding things.
Biology is an easier subject to do as if you understand the key concepts, you can blag your way through the exam although the mark schemes are pretty harsh!
Maths is quite enjoyable (worryingly) as it's more like puzzles although there are difficult methods to use.

the fact that your memorizing chemistry makes it harder, once you try to understand what your memorizing you will find it easier!
Reply 56
I do both Chemistry & Biology and I think they're the hardest, but if I had to choose just one it would be Biology, purely because of the sheer amount of notes.
Reply 57
nempozpag
Physics :stomp:

Chemistry and Biology are easy in comparison.

AGREED!!
Reply 58
I do maths, which i find the hardest out of all my subjects. But i know people who do F.maths which I assume is even harder..
Reply 59
i find chemistry the easiest of my 4 subject and i do biology and chemistry (and economics but thats piss, lol), from my subjects at AS id probably say biology simply because of the sheer volume of things you have to learn, but it is very intersting as a subject. But from what ive heard from freinds physics is by far the hardest

Latest