The Student Room Group

I hate exam invigilators....

Scroll to see replies

theres abit of a differance
tyranny or tyrant is someone that excises power to get power by putting fear into people an example would be hitler. or an unjust ruler

and despot is a ruler someone in power
Reply 21
our invigilator sits up by the microphone and rips paper during the exam... constantly. she couldn't possibly move just a metre backwards so she's not up at the microphone but no. annoys everyone
Reply 22
I hate when they walk up and down contantly. There's not much space between the desks and some of them are on the larger side of life and usually knock the desk when i'm writing grr. One even made us wait 15 minutes so she could nail (yes nail) a clock to the wall, despite the fact we were all wearing watches.
Reply 23
an individualator in my school smells like BO, whenever he walks past WOFT! - I lose concentration for about 5 minutes. Thank god he's fat and he does not move around much.
Cypriots
an individualator in my school smells like BO, whenever he walks past WOFT! - I lose concentration for about 5 minutes. Thank god he's fat and he does not move around much.

You have male invigilators?

All of mine seem to be old women...
The woman in my music exam confiscated my score because she wouldn't believe that I was allowed it!!! I had to beg her to go to the head of college and ask him!
I was right of course, and it wasted 10 minutes.
Reply 26
sundance_kid
You have male invigilators?

All of mine seem to be old women...

yes smelly male invidualators, one's who remind me of shrek/froddo bagins.
:p:
Reply 27
This year mine was quite nice as far as I could tell, though in my GCSE exams two years ago my desk was right at the front pressed up against the stage (exams were in the auditorium) and she was sitting basically on top of me eating wine gums and they kept dropping on my paper.
Reply 28
yesterday i had a 2 hour food tech exam it was really borin i dont think many people knew what they were doing there were only 2 invigilators both old men really eerie charactors both of em one short one wit glasses and on tall one wit a hearing aid who **** hear **** people were talkin all the way through the exam. so to piss them off everyone kept raising their hands and asking for equipment and for tissues and the two invidulators were gettin tired and suddenly the old tall one flipped out and shout "RIGHT...WE ARE NOT YOUR JOEYS" hahah
:biggrin:
Reply 29
I like our invigilators! They're fun when you finish early. One is the sexiest thing I've ever seen in my life, one dresses like she's doing a runway instead of invigilating, there's one who is probably about 90 yet she wears bright yellow and flowers in her hair....etc etc. They barely walk up and down; just a couple of times throughout the exam. So yeah, I like them :smile:
I work as an exam invigilator. Invigilators are not allowed to help a student with word definition within the exam paper AT ALL. We just read out the instructions from the front of the paper regarding centre number, student number, exam code etc. Any exam invigilator who advises students about the questions within the examination paper is guilty of gross misconduct.
(edited 9 years ago)
My school doesn't permit sweets in the exams (even if they aren't in wrappers) Lo and behold, the exam invigilators sat behind us all, rustling a tub of Quality Streets. The entire history exam just consisted of the smell of chocolate and the irritating sound of rustling wrappers and people who can't close their mouths to chew.
I hate it when an invigilator is just standing there and staring while I'm trying to do my exam. Sooooo annoying!
Original post by likasombodie
one of my invigilators is a hot blonde babe

which school you go? cuz my invigilator is a distraction llaaaaaaaHH
Our invigilators constantly stroll up and down, staring at everyone, whisper to each other, sometimes read books..

I don't know what it is about them but they annoy me so much.

Like seriously a monkey could easily be trained to be an invigilator
Do they get paid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I was unfortunate enough to be lumbered at the back of the hall and at one of the invigilator's sentry points for when they are bored casually swanning down the aisle. As I was trying to read an extract the guy who was behind me was breathing heavily. Must have been all that walking that tired him out. What a hard life they have.
Reply 36
In one of my GCSE exams my head Invigilator's phone rang :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine were hot+the one male defo switched the time from 10:50 to 11:05 cuz the battery was dead
I asked an invigilator how much time we had left for an exam, she says "about 35 minutes".....
5 minutes later another lady says "Year 11, 5 minutes left", luckily I finished the exam by then.. :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
Hi all Just want to say that as an Invigilator I see my job as helping you all get through exams fairly and successfully.Very best of luck to you all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending