University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
send them when you have them, and do send the originals
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
they told me to send photocopies when i called in to ask
I scanned mine in and attached them with a reply on the MyEd system...
They seem to have accepted them.
Don't send originals. They won't return them. Photocopy or scanned versions only.
Reply 5
i sent them ages ago but i haven't got a reply saying they have accepted it so i'm just assuming they have :P
Reply 6
artorscience?
Don't send originals. They won't return them. Photocopy or scanned versions only.

really?

ignore my advice, seems that medicine like the originals and pay for them to get sent back (as you also have to send in ID for disclosures)
Reply 7
Hello,people!
I want to ask you something..tomorrow I will get my school-leaving certificate. But the problem is that I am from Bulgaria and the certificate is in Bulgaria. I am wondering whether I can have it just translated in English or I must have it translated and legalized by the Ministry of Education?
Thanks a lot!
FTC199
really?

ignore my advice, seems that medicine like the originals and pay for them to get sent back (as you also have to send in ID for disclosures)

The rest of the university doesn't even acknowledge that it's received them (you know its been received if you don't get another email asking for them :p:), never mind being organised to turn around and send them back out again. Medicine must have some dedicated and organised admissions officers.
buttyy
Hello,people!
I want to ask you something..tomorrow I will get my school-leaving certificate. But the problem is that I am from Bulgaria and the certificate is in Bulgaria. I am wondering whether I can have it just translated in English or I must have it translated and legalized by the Ministry of Education?

As far as I understand, the expectation is that you pay for an official translation to be done which then needs to be authorised as accurate by a respected third party. Best to check the details with the admissions office though.
I emailed them and attached scans of my certificates & reference. They were fine, except for my reference, which I forgot had to be on school-headed paper (all sorted now, though).

buttyy
Hello,people!
Thanks a lot!

I had mine translated by a state-approved translator, which seemed to be fine. Not sure whether there are different rules for different countries, though!
Reply 11
Ok I faxed them in on Saturday using an online fax thing, do I get a confirmation to say they went through?
Reply 12
yeah, about that... :p:
i wanted to ask what i should do...because i have no letter from the university asking for anything of the sort. however, my offer is firm condition in myed, so i should definitely do something, because i need it to be unconditional for my accommodation. i'm getting my high school diploma next week, do i have to translate it (from bulgarian), because that would take even more time, the condition was the final grade (a number), which is very clearly written...
also, do i have to send something else? like sat results, detailed final reports from school, toefl? because i wrote all those things in ucas, i don't know if i should start paying all the companies to send them legally or maybe they'll ask if they need them..
and how does it work? i mean, i scan them and then what?
sorry about the lost questions, need help :biggrin:
Does anyone who has done the IB know what we have to send in? Because I don't think I get any actual certificates.
Reply 14
raly
yeah, about that... :p:
i wanted to ask what i should do...because i have no letter from the university asking for anything of the sort. however, my offer is firm condition in myed, so i should definitely do something, because i need it to be unconditional for my accommodation. i'm getting my high school diploma next week, do i have to translate it (from bulgarian), because that would take even more time, the condition was the final grade (a number), which is very clearly written...
also, do i have to send something else? like sat results, detailed final reports from school, toefl? because i wrote all those things in ucas, i don't know if i should start paying all the companies to send them legally or maybe they'll ask if they need them..
and how does it work? i mean, i scan them and then what?
sorry about the lost questions, need help :biggrin:

I think that you only need to scan them (only your translated school report and toelf result) and send it to University via mail. But do call the International office and ask about this and when to send them.

I don't think you ought to send SATs. Why didn't you apply to USA ? :smile:
Reply 15
Rian1988
Ok I faxed them in on Saturday using an online fax thing, do I get a confirmation to say they went through?

Well my MyEd had a message under the tab 'My Clearance Checks' which asked me to provide certificate for all my qualifications. I replied to a mail they had sent me about my acceptance of their offer, along with scanned copies. After a while this message vanished and they unconditional-ed my offer, so it seems they accepted it :smile:
Reply 16
green_glitter
I emailed them and attached scans of my certificates & reference. They were fine, except for my reference, which I forgot had to be on school-headed paper (all sorted now, though).

I had mine translated by a state-approved translator, which seemed to be fine. Not sure whether there are different rules for different countries, though!

They asked you to scan your reference as well? I applied as an individual (international applicant) and I wasn't asked, so I never did.
Violettes
They asked you to scan your reference as well? I applied as an individual (international applicant) and I wasn't asked, so I never did.

Haha wtf. Yeah, it said so on track, it was one of the conditions ("a signed copy of your academic reference" ).

Maybe they thought my reference was dodgy or something :rolleyes:
Reply 18
green_glitter
Haha wtf. Yeah, it said so on track, it was one of the conditions ("a signed copy of your academic reference.").

Maybe they thought my reference was dodgy or something :rolleyes:

On track? That's a bit much. Strange.
Do I need to translate my documents to English? Never wondered that!

Latest

Trending

Trending