The Student Room Group

KPMG gap programme tips!

hey

Having been rejected from Deloittes gap programme I was wondering if anyone has any tips for KPMG. I have a first interview with them and I really dont wana end up wasting my time again!
If anyone's been offered a place with them what kind of questions did they ask u? And is there an assessment day after that?!

Any advice much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
salk8
hey

Having been rejected from Deloittes gap programme I was wondering if anyone has any tips for KPMG. I have a first interview with them and I really dont wana end up wasting my time again!
If anyone's been offered a place with them what kind of questions did they ask u? And is there an assessment day after that?!

Any advice much appreciated! :smile:

Just make sure you have answers to fufill their list of key compentencies.
Reply 2
Hi!!!

I JUST got the offer from KPMG for their GAP placement!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't think that they have a second round coz I didn't get invited 2 it, i just got it from the first round!!!

These are things if you talk about, you are HAVE to get the placement:

- Enron/Worldcom scandal
- Liability Caps for Auditing companies
- Sarbanes-Oxley (IMPORTANT, do your research here)
- IFRS
- Equitable Life/Ernst & Young courtcase.
- Research a failing company and why they are failing, and also a succeeding company and why they are succeeding.

Do your research on all of the above and try to include them in your answers in the interview. Most of them are graduate type stuff that graduates would be expected to talk about, but seeing as we are only 18, they will be REALLY impressed.

Also talk about KPMG's global mobility program (search it on their website).

Wish you all the best!!!
Reply 3
saqibisdon
Hi!!!

I JUST got the offer from KPMG for their GAP placement!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't think that they have a second round coz I didn't get invited 2 it, i just got it from the first round!!!

These are things if you talk about, you are HAVE to get the placement:

- Enron/Worldcom scandal
- Liability Caps for Auditing companies
- Sarbanes-Oxley (IMPORTANT, do your research here)
- IFRS
- Equitable Life/Ernst & Young courtcase.
- Research a failing company and why they are failing, and also a succeeding company and why they are succeeding.

Do your research on all of the above and try to include them in your answers in the interview. Most of them are graduate type stuff that graduates would be expected to talk about, but seeing as we are only 18, they will be REALLY impressed.

Also talk about KPMG's global mobility program (search it on their website).

Wish you all the best!!!

(the reason you didnt get a 2nd round interview, like myself, was because they just need people to fill up the placements- but yes, well done!)

Which office will you be working in?
Reply 4
K8B
OP
thank-you so much Im so pleased you'ved warned me- otherwise it would just be plain embaressing-think im understanding y i didn't get Deloitte!
Reply 5
Im working in London, you?

Latest