The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by ily_em
Why would people know why Harry Potter isn't in 3D? I love Harry Potter but even I don't know. The only reason everyone you know knows why it isn't 3D is because you work in a CINEMA.

Idk, just don't get why you'd get so annoyed about that :dontknow: It's quite a random thing to expect everyone to know, especially since a lot of major films seem to be in 3D nowadays...

I also work in a cinema and have no idea why it isn't in 3D. I don't recall anyone ever asking me why it wasn't either.

What kinda of annoys me though is on weekend mornings someone has to stand at the main door until about 1pm ripping tickets before people go up the escalators to the screens. So there will be a bit of a queue, I'm standing there ripping peoples tickets and other people will just push past, completely ignoring the fact I'm even there. Yes, I'm just standing at the front door, freezing my ass off for a laugh when it's quite obvious what I'm doing.

Or when people have left the screen to go get snacks and try and get back in without their stub proclaiming "aye, you already ripped it! Do you no remember me?!?!" Oh yeh, sorry....there's not hundreds of other people passing through this door, you're so special I remembered your face, my apologies. Or when they expect me to know they've already had their ticket ripped when I ask to see it like I should know AND we have to do half hour screen checks cause of piracy so the other day I asked this guy to turn off his phone cause there was a huge glow around him and he was sitting right at the front. So I said "can you please turn your phone off?" and his reply..."can you please move out of the way?!" What a cheeky mother fuc...I was a bit taken aback cause he was like a 30 year old guy. Just doing my job, had an employee been in there watching a film and saw I ignored his mobile use I would have been sacked.
Original post by ily_em
Why would people know why Harry Potter isn't in 3D? I love Harry Potter but even I don't know. The only reason everyone you know knows why it isn't 3D is because you work in a CINEMA.

Idk, just don't get why you'd get so annoyed about that :dontknow: It's quite a random thing to expect everyone to know, especially since a lot of major films seem to be in 3D nowadays...

I only found out by chance before I started working at the cinema, there were reports about why they hadn't had time to put it into 3D.. I thought other people had seen this..

Sorry :s-smilie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11506354

in fact that article was printed 10 whole days before I started working there so my knowing was from me hearing about it not from where I happen to work..
Reply 582
Original post by aleathiel
I only found out by chance before I started working at the cinema, there were reports about why they hadn't had time to put it into 3D.. I thought other people had seen this..

Sorry :s-smilie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11506354

in fact that article was printed 10 whole days before I started working there so my knowing was from me hearing about it not from where I happen to work..

Fair enough, but it's still not a major news event that everybody would know about! :smile:
Original post by ily_em
Fair enough, but it's still not a major news event that everybody would know about! :smile:

sorry :redface: you make a good point.

I was probably still a bit wound up last night when I posted (about having been yelled at by an angry customer) :redface:
Rude coffee shop customers are the WORST. I'm unlucky to get the early morning commuters because I work based in a train station, and they're just awful - the slightest little thing wrong with their order and they'll refuse to pay and kick off. I swear to god a man once threw a cheese sandwich at the window because the bread was buttered :s-smilie: if he'd just asked, I would have told him...

Then you get the just plain silly people who will stand in front of a fridge full of food and ask if we have any food. Then ask if we sell coffee. Then make me list every kind of coffee we do and how much each one is, even though theres a board right above our heads listing it all. Makes me want to punch somebody, especially when we have a queue out the door or screaming children running around.

Yeah, I don't enjoy my job...:cool:
I work in a train station too, it's awful.
Hardly anyone ever bothers to say please or thank you,
You're bombarded by a constant stream of really really stupid questions
The customers see absolutely nothing wrong with screaming at you at the top of their lungs or swearing at you if everything is not to their liking because that's perfectly acceptable behaviour of course...
And god forbid there's a train cancelled - it's always all 100% MY fault personally, I planned the cancellation specifically to spite them so obviously it's fine to have a go at me, there's absolutely no reason to differentiate between me, selling tickets on the station and people who work in train control rooms cancelling trains.

I don't know where this strange breed of awful customer comes from, I would never in a million years dream of behaving like them, I just don't understand it
Original post by worldscollide
I work in a train station too, it's awful.
Hardly anyone ever bothers to say please or thank you,
You're bombarded by a constant stream of really really stupid questions
The customers see absolutely nothing wrong with screaming at you at the top of their lungs or swearing at you if everything is not to their liking because that's perfectly acceptable behaviour of course...
And god forbid there's a train cancelled - it's always all 100% MY fault personally, I planned the cancellation specifically to spite them so obviously it's fine to have a go at me, there's absolutely no reason to differentiate between me, selling tickets on the station and people who work in train control rooms cancelling trains.

I don't know where this strange breed of awful customer comes from, I would never in a million years dream of behaving like them, I just don't understand it

Are you kidding, they actually have a go at me sometimes when trains are cancelled :eek: I work in a bloody coffee shop on a train station! I'm nothing to do with the actual station! Then I always get asked for directions to certain platforms, when i've actually only been on the station behind the barriers once. Oh, and every complaint about cash machines being behind ticket barriers seems to come straight to me. :wtf: People amaze me sometimes.
Original post by watchingtherain
Are you kidding, they actually have a go at me sometimes when trains are cancelled :eek: I work in a bloody coffee shop on a train station! I'm nothing to do with the actual station! Then I always get asked for directions to certain platforms, when i've actually only been on the station behind the barriers once. Oh, and every complaint about cash machines being behind ticket barriers seems to come straight to me. :wtf: People amaze me sometimes.

I feel your pain!

Something about train stations seems to turn polite, well educated, otherwise normal members of society into moronic, truculent twerps who are outraged beyond reason at any slight inconvenience and completely incapable of understanding even the most basic signage.

I think they should ban customers from speaking to any and all staff in train stations. Absolute silence at all times, would be bliss! :biggrin:
Original post by RIISE
THIS!!!!!

Oh my god working in Primark is the most degrading job ever. I remember sorting out piles of jumpers only for people to be waiting by me to quickly mess up the pile i'd just sorted out.

I feel for u...personally I can't stand it when something is out of order, if I'm shopping and see a sweater all messed up I'll fold it and get on with my shopping :P though primark is a different matter... when I was visiting my cousins in London and wanted to put something back she said "just put it somewhere we can't stand here all day!" and I was like "oh...ok.." xD So sorry bout u lots hope u at least get the money's worth :smile:
I had this indian couples came in to buy some stuff. He paid for the stuff and that but when my till was open he gave me five £20 notes and said something and asked if you changed that...I mean, I'm not a bank...I wasn't even supposed to change his notes for him but I was trying to be nice :/
Anyway, I counted out ten £10 and handed over to him...then he kept saying fifty fifty...and I was like what?
Then I realised he wanted two £50 notes...not that we actually have them in our tills anyway.
So I have to put back the ten £10 notes and take out five £20 notes to give back to him.
It was so dodgy.
****ing pissed me off.
Original post by ily_em

I never said everyone I know knows! I said that I THOUGHT everyone would know - not everyone that I PERSONALLY know, but people in general. The only reason I know is because someone told me and before that I didn't even know it was supposed to be in 3D - nothing to do with the fact I work in a cinema!

And cheers for making it sound like the only people I know are the ones I work with!!

The reason it's not in 3D is because they apparently didn't finish the 3D in time.

Edit: Sorry if I came across as a overly arsey, I wasn't in a good mood at the time, and the bit in bold slightly offended me as it came across that you assumed I don't know anyone outside the cinema. But anyway, as I said I was in a bit of a bad mood.
(edited 13 years ago)
Why do people insist on making me look like a **** everytime I asked if they wanted cash back?
I'm merely doing my job.
I know you get tired of that question but seriously think of how I feel when I have to ask every customers that same question a thousand times a day :'(
Original post by Wanischa
Why do people insist on making me look like a **** everytime I asked if they wanted cash back?
I'm merely doing my job.
I know you get tired of that question but seriously think of how I feel when I have to ask every customers that same question a thousand times a day :'(

I feel for you! I have the opposite problem, we're not supposed to ask for cashback and customers get annoyed with me when they forget it :mad:
Working in retail taught me to hate people.
Reply 594
Original post by greenjellybean
I work in a hospital (private) with people paying loads of money to get treatment etc
The worst thing is dealing with patients who think they are above everybody because they can afford to pay thousands for treatment - they won't have anything less than a nurse do anything for them (and I'm a HCA) and demand that their consultants rearrange EVERYTHING so that they could see them

I just think - idiots!

If it cost me a fortune I think I'd demand the same tbh. Some are forced into going private because the NHS is too slow.
Reply 595
Yesterday when I asked for somebody’s ID they just threw their wallet at me and said "You want it, you get it!"

I refused.
Original post by kirsty142
I feel for you! I have the opposite problem, we're not supposed to ask for cashback and customers get annoyed with me when they forget it :mad:

Or when they said no cashback and as soon as I press enter, they change their mind >,>
It's really starting to annoy me when people put the money on the table and not in my hand, it seems so damn rude to me. I'm sure there'd be a few tuts and raised eyebrows if I put their change on the table. :rolleyes:
Original post by Antifazian
It's really starting to annoy me when people put the money on the table and not in my hand, it seems so damn rude to me. I'm sure there'd be a few tuts and raised eyebrows if I put their change on the table. :rolleyes:

If they put the money on the table, I put theirs on the table, simple as. And they don't get a free sample, either.
Original post by Wanischa
Or when they said no cashback and as soon as I press enter, they change their mind >,>

Ditto with loyalty cards. As part of the sale, I asked if they have a loyalty card. Sometimes they say no, other times they just ignore me [it must be that invisibility I've mastered by putting on a retail uniform!]. Then - more times than is reasonable lol - once I've processed the sale and their receipt has printed, they say "oh, I have a loyalty card". Well, it's too late then! Urgh. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending