The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilt
There's a machine that you attach the spoon to and then it spins it around to mix the ice cream up with the toppings.

I have never ever seen that, and I have been to at least a dozen Mcdonalds in the last 10 years, all I see them do is get the spoon and swill it about instead of a machine.
Reply 781
Original post by queenorivers
UGH OMG I got this chocolate orange one and it was so delicious on the top and then after the toppings came off it was vanilla all the way down! disappointed!

ETA: but I would never abuse a member of staff! :P

Hah, I'm too generous with my McFlurrys..I like to fill them right up with ice cream.

You should have pestered them though about it. It states you gotta do it for 5 seconds so they can't argue with you :tongue:

If they do just mention it's in the employee handbook...it's surprising how many people I work with who have no idea about anything in it.

P.S. Go buy the new Lion bar McFlurry :3 Tell me how it tastes. I've banned myself from eating at McDonald's for 2011 :tongue:
Ahh that makes sense although I don't think they always do it at my local McDonald's because the toppings are normally just on top.

The weirdest customer I've ever had was when I worked in a bar. The drinks list said something like Coca Cola/Diet Coke/Fanta/Lemonade - £1.60 and this man came to the bar and deliberated for a while, then he grabbed the list and pointed and said "I'll have one of those Coca Cola/Diet Coke/Fanta/Lemonade things please." I was like "Err which one?" and he got exasperated and was like "Coca Cola/Diet Coke/Fanta/Lemonade! It says it here!!!!" and I was like "Erm. You generally only choose one. I can mix them up for you if you want though..." at which point it clicked and he ordered a lemonade quite red-faced.
Original post by Stacks
Hah, I'm too generous with my McFlurrys..I like to fill them right up with ice cream.

You should have pestered them though about it. It states you gotta do it for 5 seconds so they can't argue with you :tongue:

If they do just mention it's in the employee handbook...it's surprising how many people I work with who have no idea about anything in it.

P.S. Go buy the new Lion bar McFlurry :3 Tell me how it tastes. I've banned myself from eating at McDonald's for 2011 :tongue:

Don't want to sound like a annoying customer, but since you seem to work in McDonalds do you think or know if Creme Egg mcflurrys are on this year, thats prob my fave mcflurry.
Reply 784
Original post by drbluebox
Don't want to sound like a annoying customer, but since you seem to work in McDonalds do you think or know if Creme Egg mcflurrys are on this year, thats prob my fave mcflurry.
Hah, believe me...asking about the menu isn't that annoying.
I get people who think just because I work in the city I automatically know what time shops close....had two girls ask me when Primark closes (despite it being on the other side of the city to where I work :s-smilie:)

Anyhow, we only get told of promotions for the upcoming two months, but I'd assume it'll be back around easter/summer...since it usually is, isn't it? Plus it's pretty popular :biggrin:
Reply 785
Totally off topic but I keep thinking you're female coz I see your boxxy dp! It's throwing me through a loop a bit :P

Not to be sexist....but from what I've seen hardly any girls like/know Boxxy. So from my point of view it'd seem weird having a girl with boxxy as her dp :tongue:

I love her ^_^
Reply 786
Haha I'm in the not liking her camp but i guess she's cute :P also that's not sexist :P

Changed it anyway! Must retire to bed now though, gotta be up in three hours for work D:
Original post by Wilt
Must just be different parts breaking on it.

I never used to bother flurrying them, too much hassle and it ruins them anyway.

We must have had a dodgy machine, was literally every few weeks it died. And the measurements for the small milkshakes was a joke, literally just a small splodge but we were told not to top them up - until the regional manager came in to judge our drive-thru speeds in some competition.

Three words that will strike rage into any crew member: 'fries no salt'.

I totally agree with you. As im often on fries (mainly on a saturday when its really busy) i get that sometimes. It causes havoc, especially as i have to mess about cleaning out the whole of 1 section of the fry station and then have to go and spray off 1 of the fry scoops etc etc etc. All the time everyone else is wanting me to do fries for them. If it were up to me we wouldnt allow it. One of the managers i work with hit the nail on the head once when she said something along the lines of 'we arent a chip shop'.
And ive also has issues with the milkshake/ice cream machine playing up. People ask for a certain flavour of milkshake e.g. vanilla. When you explain that we havent got that flavour at the minute, because the machines playing up or we have sold out people are like 'havent you got any milkshakes?' Did i say we hadent got any milkshakes? I just said we hadent got x flavour. We have got all the others. And when the ice cream side is playing up, you will tell people we havent got mcflurries (or any ice cream for that matter) as the ice cream machine is playing up. Some customers are like 'have you got sundaes?' in the hope that we will have at least some sort of ice cream then get disapointed when i say (again) we havent got any ice creams whatsoever. Seriously, i just told you that we havent got ice cream. So stop asking.
And another thing that annoys me is when people say they want a meal e.g. big mac meal. They tell you what size they want and all that. They watch me put it all in the till. Then you ask what drink and they say 'i dont want a drink' WELL YOU DONT WANT A MEAL THEN DO YOU!! YOU JUST WANT A BURGER AND SOME FRIES. Then they have the cheek to stand there looking annoyed when you have to change it all on the till.
I don't have a job, but I always feel really awkward when at Sainsbury's I have to ask for a bag, like they must think I'm a really annoying customer for not bringing my own ones. I want them to call me out on it so I can explain I use them as free rubbish bags.
Original post by lightburns
I don't have a job, but I always feel really awkward when at Sainsbury's I have to ask for a bag, like they must think I'm a really annoying customer for not bringing my own ones. I want them to call me out on it so I can explain I use them as free rubbish bags.

You're perfectly entitled to ask for a bag, no need to feel bad about it, the cashiers probably don't care whether you take one or not. It's kind of annoying when people put their stuff down and immediately ask for one though, especially if you were going to offer them one anyway...patience people, have patience. :tongue:

It's funny when I ask people if they want a bag and they say "Yes, if you wouldn't mind" why would I mind haha, I didn't pay for them.
Every so often, we get people saying that they don't want the box for their shoes. That's fine, no problem, we just write 'SOLD' all over it, and chuck it in the recycling. Until they come back and want to return them. What? Seriously, think of this from our perspective. How do you expect us to a) store them and b) sell them if we don't have the box? Did you think we would keep it in a special empty box store on the off chance that you'd come back wanting to return them? We have enough trouble keeping actual stock organised, thanks.

Also, people that leave clothes in the changing rooms. I understand if you don't re-hang stuff correctly, or on the wrong rack, or whatever. You don't work here, you don't know our system, fine. But leaving them in the changing room? Have a little common courtesy. That means those clothes won't sell until we check the changing rooms, and people won't use that room because they think someone else is already doing so.

I wish people would think of us as business, rather than their God-given convenience.
Reply 791
Original post by Emma:-)
It causes havoc, especially as i have to mess about cleaning out the whole of 1 section of the fry station and then have to go and spray off 1 of the fry scoops etc etc etc.
Weird, only time I've ever seen a customer ask for fries with no salt, the girl I was working with just got the basket of fries and tipped them into the fry box :tongue:
Who asks for fries with no salt? :P I didn't realise that was even an option?!
Original post by fallen angel9

Its not normally an option. We automatically put salt on all our fries when we have cooked them. Its only if a customer asks for the fries without salt that we dont put salt on the fries. It doesnt happen very often though, and when it does its usually some parent asking for no salt on the fries in their kids happy meal.
Original post by fallen angel9

Well maybe shock horror people who dont like salt on fries or maybe people with health issues etc.

Original post by Stacks
Weird, only time I've ever seen a customer ask for fries with no salt, the girl I was working with just got the basket of fries and tipped them into the fry box :tongue:

Would love to see her get sued for her lack of responsibility.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Stacks

That would be pretty hard to do though to be fair- and i doubt the managers where i work would like it. Its just easier to put the fries in the fry station and use the fry scoop like you usually do.
Well maybe shock horror people who dont like salt on fries or maybe people with health issues etc.

people with health issues in Mcdonalds... :tongue:
Most customers are annoying. I hate working in retail.
I didn't realise you could ask for fries without salt either. I've always found them far, far too salty but now that I've read how inconvenient it is for the workers to ask for no salt I'll just not order them all.

To be honest if you don't like lots of salt on stuff or have health issues there's other places that you're probably better off going than McDonalds. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending