The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The worst customers are those sad people who come in every day for the end of day reductions.
Reply 101
Laurah5498

In the 6 weeks I've worked there, I've had to clean poo out of the same urinal twice ¬¬

As its a bodily product it should be done by a first aider and you have the right to complain if it isnt.
I used to work in an off licience and a supermarket before that so especially at the off licience I got annoying customers and idiots who thought they knew better than me and often tried to pull the "customer is always right" crap.

Because of frequent incidents with idiots, drunks, chavs, pikeys, more drunks, and ********* I have been somewhat put off working in retail again.
I'm at work (one of them) right now, I came in half an hour early to set up as I was opening up today (I work in a photography portrait studio) and despite the fact I'd shut the door behind me, there were grills still on the windows (as it was still 9.40) some woman still opened the top half of the door, leaned over the CLEARLY LOCKED lower door and said "Hiya, are you open?"

Yes. I find the padlocked grills, locked lower door and me sat here eating my breakfast 20 minutes before opening just adds to the business structure.
Reply 104
haha so true!!!
Reply 105
I could be here all day.

I've done bar work loads of times and human stupidity has no bounds.

But I'm actually still asleep so I'll come back to it later.
22KT22
I work in a coffee shop and i get my fair share of annoying customers.

theres one guy who comes in and only grunts to anyone whos female but if you're male he'll speak to you/acknowledge you existance.
we give discount to those who work at the council and the fact that the council people think its their right not a priveledge annoy me especially if they are rude about it.
people who just point and expect me to know what they are pointing at.
people who think im stupid cause i work full time at a coffee shop (im on a gap year)
People who are just generally rude.
People who order something and say we got it wrong when in fact they ordered the wrong thing... its not my fault.
the fact that the majority of adults seem incapable of tucking in their chairs so means i spend a good 30mins of my day doing this :frown:
people who spill stuff and dont tell us.
people who are racist towards my staff.

There are some lovely ones too who make my job worthwhile and the funny ones that make it bareable.

Same job and same experiences! Sometimes i cannot believe how rude people can be.

We've had customers that eat/drink the majority of their meal/cake/coffee, then bring it back to complain about it. Eh no you cannot have a refund you've eaten it all! And of course your coffee is cold, you've had it for about 40 minutes!

The pointing thing really annoys me too. I can't see what they're pointing at because of the way the shelves are, and then when you try to work out what it is they actually want, they look at you like you're stupid. There are tags that tell you the name of the cake, please use the name!

We serve breakfasts in the morning up until 12, and the amount of people who moan about it, or ask for bacon roll at 2pm is unreal. There are signs everywhere saying they stop at 12, and then they get so arsey. Jeez if you want one so much go home and make it, it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Once this man wanted a breakfast and i explained to him that they finishes at 12. So he was like "Oh can't you even do me an egg roll?" - which i couldn't so i apologised and said no. Then he started shouting saying how people can buy egg sandwiches but not egg rolls. Wtf! The sandwiches are egg mayo which is a big tub that gets made up in the morning.

We have this woman who comes in every weekend and gets a sandwich and a coffee, and then moans about the price...EVERY TIME! "For a sandwich?" Eh yes, i don't make up the prices. Why she comes in all the time is beyond me, seriously, if you hate it so much then don't shop here!

Once had a man who started telling me i'd charged him too much for his latte, even though there is a board with all the prices on. I showed him the board and was still like no no, get me a manager! The manager pretty much repeated what i'd said, and the man was so nice to her. I hate that.

I actually wonder if some of these people have ever actually spoken to another person before!
Reply 107
sweetdarling
Same job and same experiences! Sometimes i cannot believe how rude people can be.

We've had customers that eat/drink the majority of their meal/cake/coffee, then bring it back to complain about it. Eh no you cannot have a refund you've eaten it all! And of course your coffee is cold, you've had it for about 40 minutes!

The pointing thing really annoys me too. I can't see what they're pointing at because of the way the shelves are, and then when you try to work out what it is they actually want, they look at you like you're stupid. There are tags that tell you the name of the cake, please use the name!

We serve breakfasts in the morning up until 12, and the amount of people who moan about it, or ask for bacon roll at 2pm is unreal. There are signs everywhere saying they stop at 12, and then they get so arsey. Jeez if you want one so much go home and make it, it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Once this man wanted a breakfast and i explained to him that they finishes at 12. So he was like "Oh can't you even do me an egg roll?" - which i couldn't so i apologised and said no. Then he started shouting saying how people can buy egg sandwiches but not egg rolls. Wtf! The sandwiches are egg mayo which is a big tub that gets made up in the morning.

We have this woman who comes in every weekend and gets a sandwich and a coffee, and then moans about the price...EVERY TIME! "For a sandwich?" Eh yes, i don't make up the prices. Why she comes in all the time is beyond me, seriously, if you hate it so much then don't shop here!

Once had a man who started telling me i'd charged him too much for his latte, even though there is a board with all the prices on. I showed him the board and was still like no no, get me a manager! The manager pretty much repeated what i'd said, and the man was so nice to her. I hate that.

I actually wonder if some of these people have ever actually spoken to another person before!

Do you work in Marks and Spencers? :p:
InvoluntarySlacker
I used to work in a posh club and hate it when customers think I am a slave. They are rude, shout at you, look at you with disgust and get sorely offended if I didn't come to them in time.

I'm glad I got sacked because I hated it but I do miss the income. :sad:

I know what you mean, I was generally spoken to like crap by customers in a hotel I worked at. Apparently ignorant to the fact that I have, actually, completed 2/3 of a degree from a Russell Group University, which was more than most of them, they just looked down their noses as if I was somehow inferior.
sweetdarling

Where I used to work there was a guy who continuously moaned about the cost of a pint, claiming it was always going up, even though in the 4 months I'd been working there, the price hadn't shifted at all. God knows how he reacted when they whacked 10p on all the prices last month.

Still, very glad I rejected McDonalds when they phoned me and offered me a job - it sounds much, much worse.
I also work in Mcdonalds and there are so many annoying customer, but the worst has to be the time when a fairly rotund man and his equally large friend hobbled up to the counter and the first man started reeling off loads of orders extremely quickly just for himself, then his friend chipped in and asked for a big mac.
So then the second man went to the toilet while I prepared the meals and at the end of the order I placed the Big Mac onto the tray and the first man looked at me as though I'd just handed him the corpse of his brother and then blew his top saying he hadn't ordered a Big Mac. So I took it back and he hobbled back over to his seat.
Then all was well until his friend reappeared, went to sit down, changed direction and made a beeline for the counter screaming at me that I'd forgotten his Big Mac. It was not a good shift :frown:
Reply 111
you guys just cant do your job man accept it,FAIL!!!
Reply 112
I work in a cafe/restaurant and we get some really annoying and, at the same time, funny customers.

For example I may be on the till:
Me: "Hello, can I take your table number to start with please"
Customer: "Oh! I'm outside"
Me: "Well there are a lot of tables outside and I'm afraid I can't put your order in without a table number"
Customer: "Oh no wait, I remember, I'm on table 26"
Me: " Are you sure?.... We dont have a table 26"
Customer: "Well my table didn't have a number on it"
Me: "All of the tables outside have numbers screwed onto the table"

Then getting fed up I just asked them to show me where they were sitting.
The stupid thing is there are about 3 signs outside which say to note the table number when you order, its even printed on the menu about 3 times!
I keep getting told I should model, lol.
Update - Japanese people just WALKED IN, as in they just walked into the private studio at the back where people were having a private photo session. There's a curtain across and a sign up, why would you just walk in? And the English guy with them said "What's the problem, those people are just trying on costumes".. yeah so they might not want random tourists staring at them!!
Anyone else get dickheads who switch price tags/argue a lot over an item that has been switched by someone else? 'No love, it's €5, see the tag there?' Yeah that's hanging off so it clearly wasn't put on with a gun. I packed it out of the box this morning, it's €35, stop arguing! 'Well you have to seel it at the €5 then' No I don't! You should have copped it that it was the ONLY one stuck into a sale section or else MYSTERIOUSLY, the other sizes in it didn't have the little red sale sticker. Or worse, someone puts a full price top into the sale section. Not our fault some other customer has dumped it there! Or these stupid vouchers that other (failing) stores had, the stores around the border (ie. miles and MILES away). 'You may only use this voucher in the store in which you received it- DUNNES SLIGO'. This ISN'T Sligo!! Ahh the rage.
My friend gets the worst customers come in to his chip shop.

A woman once started taking an order off the counter, and when asked if it was her actually her food, said she hadn't even ordered yet. WTF?! then it's not your food is it?

Another guy who responded to "number 13, one portion of chips", only to complain that it wasn't what he ordered, and that he was number 20.

At my job in a restaurant, people forget what they've ordered all the time. Once I had three bowls of soup for a table of four, and every single one of them claimed that they hadn't ordered any soup. After a bit more discussion, they remembered that actually, 3/4 of them has ordered soup, and just forgotten in the 5 minutes it took for me to bring it over.

We also get people complaining/asking me to bring them stuff that's already on the table. Sometimes it's small things like mustard, sometimes it's something glaringly obvious liek a huge dish of vegetables that they just don't see because they're so hell bent on looking for something to complain about.

I've had people click fingers at me, but worse than that is when they say "well done", as I put things dowen on the table. Well done? that's more than a little bit patronising.
Ha, some of these are hilarious.

I had to deal with loads of idiotic customers when I worked in Max Spielmann. In the store I worked in, the lab (where we printed the photos) was right in the middle of the store, so customers could see their photographs being printed. Staff alternated between working the tills and the lab, but even though both sections of the store were clearly marked, we always got customers coming up to the member of staff in the lab (who was clearly not serving at the time) and asking to buy stuff/print photos, which slowed down the whole process.

Barely a day went by without a woman in a burkha coming in and asking for a passport photo. When I asked them to remove the burkha, they almost always refused. I explained that a photo of someone in a burkha would not be accepted as ID, especially on a passport, at which point they'd either imply I was lying or walk out and say they'd go somewhere else.

So many people came in without the tickets with their name and order number on and expected me to able to magic up their photos for them. Some people told me that they were never given a ticket, which is a blatant lie as every customer was given a ticket with their details on when they made an order. Then we'd have to go through all of the different names that they could have given us until we eventually found the order. ARGH.

Some people refused to give me their name or contact number when they placed an order. What the hell did they think I was going to do with it? Laugh at their name or prank call them?

One guy came in with a digital camera and went to one of the self service pods to print some photos. He seemed to be having a bit of a problem so I went over to help him, only to find that he was printing pictures of guns and some pictures of Osama Bin Laden (he'd obviously taken pictures of him on either a laptop or tv screen). I told my manager and she called the police.

So glad I don't work there anymore.
Customers wind me up like mad.

I've had to try and explain jeans sizes to Polish people.

There was a woman who when she came in we used to hide cos she was really rude so I used to be rude back to her which was quite enjoyable.

Some woman told me her child had just peed all over the changing room floor (so I told her I'd forget she'd told me that, let her pay for her stuff then leave, quickly).
I worked at KFC where all the customers were dumb local inbreds, one man was adamant that I was refusing to serve him something that he said we had yet hadn't stocked for a year.

There was this daft woman who was walking round the drive thru then moaned that we were discriminating against her because she wasn't in a car.

I worked in a nightclub til a few months back where I had drunken people denying that I'd given them change or saying they had the wrong drinks, one guy even went as far as trying to assault our floor supervisor because he said I owed him £5 and he was thrown out. Turned out the till balanced perfectly.

Another dumb bint claiming her shoe had gone missing - "has it been handed in" "No, I'd have remembered if we'd had a shoe handed in" "are you sure" (bashes head against the wall)

The absolute tip of the iceberg were people who used to lose their cloakroom tickets and demanding that they could come in and search through 300 coats in a room 6ft square thinking they could find it. "Let me in NOW!" "I'm sorry but I'm afraid you can't, what does your coat look like?" "It's black" (that helps) "You'll have to wait til the end of the night and get it then" "But I want it NOW, LET ME IN!" "Do you go behind the counter in a shop?" "errr, well....no" (walks off)
Reply 119
I had a customer who apparently brought a hair dye product from our Ladbrooke grove store - she wanted a refund without a reciept. She was convinced she was in the right and that she could get a refund without a receipt. We have a card on our customer service desk stating our returns policy and the laws and said to her "Our return policy goes beyond the law".

She kept going on and on and on, 2 mile long queue behind her, then I had to explain our policy to her - even the parts that didn't affect her (Sainsbury''s own brand food can be returned whenever as it can be proved she brought it there).

Eventually I got my manager to sort her out.

Cahnces are she brought it from Boots at half price.

Latest

Trending

Trending