The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I worked. Why would I pay a company to do a placement? I'd do paid work, not pay to do work.
No Future
I worked. Why would I pay a company to do a placement? I'd do paid work, not pay to do work.

this
I worked, then went travelling for three months then worked again - didn't travel through a company though - planned it with friends and we did it - worked out cheaper that way
Reply 4
No Future

Well..for the amazing experience obviously.
Reply 5
Bought a round-the-world ticket and got an australian working holiday visa, and disappeared for exactly eleven months and one week - was the best year of my life!

If you've already got a place uni, i.e. you've got deferred entry like I did, then don't waste the year working at home. If you're applying to med school during your gap year then I guess some healthcare-related work experience in the UK and a bit of travelling is the way to go.
straw-berry
What did you do in the year?

who did you go with (meaning company)? I have a brochure for projects abroad and I can get a special placement for medicine and healthcare.

How much did yours cost and where did you go and for how long?

Any tips advice?
x x x

i worked for carphone warehouse...forced people to buy phone contracts off me. then when i made enough money and had my offer for med i bummed around for the rest of year...felt good :biggrin:
iceman_jondoe
i worked for carphone warehouse...forced people to buy phone contracts off me. then when i made enough money and had my offer for med i bummed around for the rest of year...felt good :biggrin:

lucky sod:p:
Longest year of my life. haha

I worked for WHsmiths for 6 months. Become unemployed through a staff cut. Went to Chicago and Los Angeles for two and a half weeks and now I'm working for WHsmiths again covering peoples shifts.
Reply 9
Worked with Sandwell Council in Oldbury/Dudley. Good times and good money. Kinda wished I stayed on for that job. But uni was deffo more important at time for me.
Reply 10
went to cambodia for a year and worked for a local ngo. i was one of their (ngo) first volunteers so they didn't really know what to do with me. i managed somehow though and i absolutely loved he experience. maybe you should try and find another way to work abroad though - don't pay for it yourself. there are organisations where you can apply and they'll send you. have you tried the red cross or something like that if you're interested in that area?
sugarx09
Well..for the amazing experience obviously.

Which would be what exactly? :s-smilie:
No Future
Which would be what exactly? :s-smilie:

Silly girl, any experience is cracking if you pay enough for it....

Now here, I have four tickets to the most amazing deep meditation ever by Dr Nicol next october. I only want £180 for the four.

Latest

Trending

Trending