The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kateexxbaybee
Omgh .. i really dont want my english results :frown:

Firstly my story had no meaning / Plot... secondly my teacher told us not to put yourself in the description (eg So i went past the litter filled fields) but i did :frown: and then coming out i realised i could have commented on similies etc more than i did... so i think i've failed

and to make matters worse i'm doing WJEC so c/work only counts as something lyk 12 -18% :frown::frown: x

aww, the revision book said it was OK to put yourself in, a little, as it gives a dif. perspective. Not sure about the plot, as I don't know what exam board you did (WJEC?) - but for mine (AQA), we weren't really meant to have a plot. So I'm sure you did fine :smile:
Reply 21
I too am scared about this subject - I borrowed like 20 minutes from section B on Paper 2 to write about those poems for section A, and I'm scared the examiner'll be like, wtf's this crap?
kateexxbaybee

Firstly my story had no meaning / Plot... secondly my teacher told us not to put yourself in the description (eg So i went past the litter filled fields) but i did :frown: and then coming out i realised i could have commented on similies etc more than i did... so i think i've failed

and to make matters worse i'm doing WJEC so c/work only counts as something lyk 12 -18% :frown::frown: x

my exam board is WJEC as well.
it sucks after all the effort and thousands and thousands and thousands of words.
the stupid coursework counts for jack ****.
:sigh:
I feel like I've done really well, possibly scraping an A* on Lit (I was going for As). They went so good, better than my FSMQ Maths exam, which is MASSIVE shock; I can't describe how slow my handwriting is, and how much better I am at maths.
goldlock
I too am scared about this subject - I borrowed like 20 minutes from section B on Paper 2 to write about those poems for section A, and I'm scared the examiner'll be like, wtf's this crap?

Imagine if the examiner was like ZOMG I'm sure this guy uses TSR. :O
Reply 25
English language is definitely my worst and most hated subject of all time :P

First I had Eng Lit and I think that was my best exam probablt, Lang 1 webt suprisingly well (for me) but exam 2 was easily my worst of all my exams ^_^

then again it could have gone worse.. I'll have to see tho :wink:

Before the exams i was hoping for BB in lit/lang and I would still be happy with that so..:wink:.

NO MORE ENGLISH LESSONS EVER AGAIN! :biggrin:

(unless i fail lol..nah, i better not :tongue:)

Gl you guys :smile:
Reply 26
OP, if you do somehow end up with a C you can always re-sit english in january.
Coke Or Pepsi
I'm not being funny but seriously :/ I feel like I'll get a C or a D which is horrible because I get A*s every time usually - but the one time where it's actually important I flop :frown: And if I get a C I can't apply to 90% of medical schools, let alone get into sixth form grr. Life = over -sigh-

On the bright side, http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BOUND-JUN08.PDF

Apparently, A* = 85% and B = 67%, so hopefully :/... I've done better than I think I have

HOW are the grades calculated anyway? How is coursework integrated into it... I swear exam is only like 60%? If anyone knows please help :biggrin:

ANYWAYS THE MAIN QUESTION IS HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT ENGLISH LANGUAGE??

I'm the same. Need that A* for med applications. It's daunting to think you need A*s in subjects that are probs not going to help much if you do become a doctor but they could affect your application otherwise. I got A*s in every bit of coursework on a first draft, but somehow I don't think the exam has gone the same way. I still so badly want that A* though :frown: My teacher didn't mark any work for me in the run up to the exam. Did you think the eng lit went well?
This is truly the one exam that could be anything from a D to an A*, have NO idea if I did the right thing...on the bright side, with Edexcel, coursework is worth 30% so you never know...
addylad
Imagine if the examiner was like ZOMG I'm sure this guy uses TSR. :O

:biggrin: Laughing so much at that.
Coke Or Pepsi
I'm not being funny but seriously :/ I feel like I'll get a C or a D which is horrible because I get A*s every time usually - but the one time where it's actually important I flop :frown: And if I get a C I can't apply to 90% of medical schools, let alone get into sixth form grr. Life = over -sigh-

On the bright side, http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BOUND-JUN08.PDF

Apparently, A* = 85% and B = 67%, so hopefully :/... I've done better than I think I have

HOW are the grades calculated anyway? How is coursework integrated into it... I swear exam is only like 60%? If anyone knows please help :biggrin:

ANYWAYS THE MAIN QUESTION IS HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT ENGLISH LANGUAGE??

Can anyone confirm that 85% was last years A* grade boundary? Im in year 10 now but im already panicking that i cant get an A* in Eng Lang because so far my coursework has only been 80%. Can anyone offer any help/advice/encouragement?
Coke Or Pepsi
:biggrin: Laughing so much at that.

Could happen though :biggrin:
Reply 32
i feel like this about all the subjects i feel like i have failed them all, the closer we get to august 27th the more scared i get :frown:
iim you will be fine
Reply 33
When your school decides to sign up for a pilot for Edexcel English without letting the year who will participate know, then realise that your mark is 2 marks inside the grade boundary you was told you got while knowing your marks can drop due to moderation. :frown: Sometimes I wonder about my englis grade, 27th will let me know.
Terrorfication
Can anyone confirm that 85% was last years A* grade boundary? Im in year 10 now but im already panicking that i cant get an A* in Eng Lang because so far my coursework has only been 80%. Can anyone offer any help/advice/encouragement?

It is I worked it out LOL
Reply 35
I'm sure you'll have done better than you expected to.

I need an A* and an A would be a massive disappointment. Unfortunately, I don't think I did well enough to get that result.

Good luck with your results. I hope you get the grade you need. xx
kateexxbaybee

I did WJEC too & I think I've done awfully :frown:

Latest