The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway B4, B5 and B6

What did you guys think then?

Scroll to see replies

for me i think it went well but i would have liked to write some obvious things that i missed at the time.
i have many complaints from that exam too like why do they feel the need to have so many graphs and are they running out of ideas or did they think including a question on the intestine of a pregnant rat was necessary. And that test hardly tested my knowledge of biology but rather on what you can see on a graph. like what they should do is add another chapter, b7 and have it on graphs if they are going to including so many:mad::mad::mad:
What did u guys put for the first part in section D... Where you had to choose the kingdom and give a %

I put prokaryotes and 0.88% but it feels wrong :/
Reply 3
There were loads of graph questions! All my content revision was practically for nothing!

And the one content question I couldn't do was the simplest one...

What is the term for "partially decomposed dead material" obviously "humus" and I put "detritus"! :angry:
Original post by loooolo12345
What did u guys put for the first part in section D... Where you had to choose the kingdom and give a %

I put prokaryotes and 0.88% but it feels wrong :/

im having a hard time remembering this question can you tell me what it was about?
Original post by the traveller
im having a hard time remembering this question can you tell me what it was about?

There was a table and you had to select the kingdom that had the smallest % of the kingdom found (I think)

You had to say that kingdom and what %
There was a table and you had to select the kingdom that had the smallest % of the kingdom found (I think)

was it not 45 or something found and 650 not found?
was it not 45 or something found and 650 not found?

I'm not sure but you had to say a kingdom and %

oh ok thanks :smile:
for me i think it went well but i would have liked to write some obvious things that i missed at the time.
i have many complaints from that exam too like why do they feel the need to have so many graphs and are they running out of ideas or did they think including a question on the intestine of a pregnant rat was necessary. And that test hardly tested my knowledge of biology but rather on what you can see on a graph. like what they should do is add another chapter, b7 and have it on graphs if they are going to including so many:mad::mad::mad:

I feel the exact same way..:mad:
Original post by Huda_medo

we should make like a official complaint but then again we are just kids so they wont even listen to us:frown:
we should make like a official complaint but then again we are just kids so they wont even listen to us:frown:

Yeah, I don't think it will change anything, but if everyone felt unconfident about the exam, then surely the grade boundaries are likely to be lower? :crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:

Can't remember which kingdom it was, but it was something like 6.3%, because it was like (*can't remember exact numbers) 45/(630+45) as it was the percentage of the overall kingdom, since 630 was just the estimated still to find, and 45 was the number found.
Yeah, I don't think it will change anything, but if everyone felt unconfident about the exam, then surely the grade boundaries are likely to be lower? :crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:

yeah, lets hope so. worst case scenario would be if they moved it up 2/3 marks so thats not too bad but still.....
I thought this year's paper was harder than last year's. The B4 section was quite hard. For B5, what was wrong with the joint on the 6-marker? Did he have arthritis?
Reply 15

A few people are saying that it was 7% and fungi, however I too got 0.88%.
Original post by WillWalker23
Can't remember which kingdom it was, but it was something like 6.3%, because it was like (*can't remember exact numbers) 45/(630+45) as it was the percentage of the overall kingdom, since 630 was just the estimated still to find, and 45 was the number found.

I think that was probably fungi because I got 7% and doing 45/630 results in that. It appears that most people got 0.88% but perhaps you're right.
Reply 17

I agree. I think the idea that there is a section D should mean that they cannot implement as many graphs as they did but as pointed out, it's not like the exam board will take our opinions into account :frown:
But everyone must bear in mind the B1B2B3 was on the easier side, so we should all have known that a harder paper was coming. Because of this, I think the C4C5C6 and P4P5P6 papers will be a little easier too, maybe Physics more so as the Unit 1 was quite hard.
I got 7% and fungi! I had no idea on some questions but overall I was expecting a lot worse!

Quick Reply

Latest