The Student Room Group

predict your gcse grades!! (2023-2024)

i've seen a-level students do this, so why not make one for us gcse students 🤞

i'm hoping for all 9s, but these are my more realistic predictions:

Spoiler

coming back here on thursday 22nd august 2024 so let's all work hard in these 3 months (100 days from now 🚨🚨🚨) to achieve our predicted and preferred gcse grades 💪💪

:woo: GOOD LUCK!! :woo:

(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Those r some pretty awesome predicted grades! Good luck everyone👊
Reply 2
Original post by ebyrne2036
Those r some pretty awesome predicted grades! Good luck everyone👊

thank youuu 🙏
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

coming back here on thursday 22nd august 2024 so let's all work hard in these 3 months (100 days from now 🚨🚨🚨) to achieve our predicted and preferred gcse grades 💪💪

those are amazing grades, keep it up!!could you please help me with computer science coding (edexcel) as i really struggle with it, and i would certainly appreciate it!
also your maths and science grades are actually so good any tips on how to get a 9, especially with the time left pls? thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

how do you revise geography? whenever i do end of unit or in class tests i always get an 8 or 9, but in my mocks i got a 6 despite revising so much. my predicted grade is a 7 but i really want that 9.
Reply 5
Original post by cupcakeglorious6
those are amazing grades, keep it up!!could you please help me with computer science coding (edexcel) as i really struggle with it, and i would certainly appreciate it!
also your maths and science grades are actually so good any tips on how to get a 9, especially with the time left pls? thanks :smile:

thank you so muchhh!! yesss i would love to help, since computer science is one of my favourite subjects!! what does your exam board require you to do for programming? i do ocr, so it's probably different from mine i'm assuming
and yesss, i'll give you some tips on the order of how i revise maths and science

for science:

i first watch youtube videos on every single topic in the entire topic (cognito is great for understanding overall concepts and freesciencelessons is great for key detail and practicals)

make necessary notes on the video, such as complex or key concepts (i used to make notes on every single point in the video but i found that to be quite time consuming)

i like to use my whiteboard to jot down key points/calculations whilst watching the video, for example, for quantitative chem, i pause the (freesciencelessons) video and do the practice calculation, and check the answer in the video after

after these steps, i do online flashcards on pmt and make sure you say the answers to the flashcards out loud since it personally helps me remember content better

blurting either before your revision or after (both is even better!!) is great to help you consolidate your knowledge and see how much you already know, or how much you remembered from your revision session. i like to do this on my whiteboard and i really recommend investing in a small a4 whiteboard as it makes revision a lot more fun (personally) 🙏

PRACTICE QUESTIONSSS, these are like the most important part of revision, as they help you to consolidate your knowledge and helps to understand how questions will be phrased in actual exams. i again recommend pmt for this as they have lotss of practice questions, and do specific practice questions for each topic, instead of overall past papers

other things i do for revision include using twinkl revision mats and knowledge organisers. twinkl is a paid subscription, but you can have a free trial for 30 days and then cancel it so you don't get charged. i'll give you the link to them, because they were my main source of revision for mocks (since i sort of crammed and didn't have time for other revision methods.

(chemistry revision matshttps://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/aqa-gcse-chemistry-separate-knowledge-organiser-pack-t4-sc-1172

you can search up the same for both biology and physics, these links are for aqa triple science higher, but i'm sure they have it for other exam boards as well!!

for maths:

i use corbettmaths to watch videos to understand the concepts first (i've heard mathsgenie is great as well)

and then all i do are a bunchhh of practice questions, for maths, trust me practice questions are the only way to improve and get those top grades

i use pmt (again) for maths practice papers, but there are loads of websites online for each topic separately

since we only have 3 months to gcses, i strongly recommend making a revision timetable or plan, whatever you find to work for you to organise your time since organisation is key in these last 3 months <3
that's all from me!! if you have any other questions, i'll be more than happy to help 🤍 good luck, you've got this 💪
Reply 6
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

Ahhhh I hope you get them ❤️❤️.
I hope everyone in my thread gets theirs and more too lol
Reply 7
Original post by httpluuv
how do you revise geography? whenever i do end of unit or in class tests i always get an 8 or 9, but in my mocks i got a 6 despite revising so much. my predicted grade is a 7 but i really want that 9.

i normally use savemyexams and find it really helpful for physical geography especially. for phsyical geography, i use savemyexams and my own class notes to write down the formation of different landforms, since those are typical 6 markers, and flashcards can be helpful for remembering these key points as well.
for case studies, i do aqa, and pmt has most of the aqa case studies that we need to know. i'm currently in the process of making notes for them so i have a solid reference to each of the case studies, but it's quite time consuming 🙏 so i recommend using online flashcards (i think pmt have these asw) for the case studies, and try to remember specific points as well, since this can be key in 12 markers.
i personally have NEVER done practice questions for geography before, but i know that i really need to start doing it since 6 markers and 9 markers are great to practice frequently.
sorry if these revision tips are really generic, but i find myself not revising for geography that much ( i have no idea why ) but i hope i helped!!
Reply 8
Original post by Tatakae L
Ahhhh I hope you get them ❤️❤️.
I hope everyone in my thread gets theirs and more too lol

thank you so muchhh, i hope so too 🙏🙏 and i'm sure you'll get yours asw 🤍
Reply 9
Original post by milktee
thank you so muchhh, i hope so too 🙏🙏 and i'm sure you'll get yours asw 🤍

your welcome darlinn, and i damn well hope i do lol
Reply 10
Original post by Tatakae L
your welcome darlinn, and i damn well hope i do lol

you got this 💪💪
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

you acc inspire me to revise idk why 😭
Reply 12
Original post by thesimplestudent
you acc inspire me to revise idk why 😭

awww that was so sweet 😭 BUT YES GO REVISE YOU GOT THIS 💪
Original post by milktee
awww that was so sweet 😭 BUT YES GO REVISE YOU GOT THIS 💪

TYYY
Reply 14
All A trust
My predicted grades

maths 9

english language 7

english literature 7

biology 9

chemistry 9

physics 8

spanish 9

geography 9

food 9

computing 7

rs 8

further maths 8/9 (we haven’t done any fm tests so i’m not sure yet )

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE🩶🩶🩶
(edited 2 months ago)
I forgot to add my predicted grades earlier 😭
Biology 9
Business 9
Chemistry 9
English lang 8
English lit 7
History 9
Maths 8 (it used to be 7 but i successfully got my maths teacher to change it for me 💪)
Physics 9
Psychology 8
Religious studies 9 (achieved- we did it in yr10)
Spanish 8
Reply 17
Original post by agent_duck343
my predicted grades

maths 9

english language 7

english literature 7

biology 9

chemistry 9

physics 8

spanish 9

geography 9

food 9

computing 7

rs 8

further maths 8/9 (we haven’t done any fm tests so i’m not sure yet )

good luck to everyone🩶🩶🩶

good luckkk 💪
Reply 18
Original post by thesimplestudent
I forgot to add my predicted grades earlier 😭
Biology 9
Business 9
Chemistry 9
English lang 8
English lit 7
History 9
Maths 8 (it used to be 7 but i successfully got my maths teacher to change it for me 💪)
Physics 9
Psychology 8
Religious studies 9 (achieved- we did it in yr10)
Spanish 8

you're defo gna ace your exams with those predicted grades, good luckkk 💪
Reply 19
Original post by wraithyoy
All A trust

yes we love the confidence 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest