The Student Room Group

This is a question for people of color living in London!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

OP. does that mean not 'coloured' people are 'colourless' people ? :lol:
Anyway, I'm East Asian (BBC to be specific) and almost all Brits seem to think all East Asians (Korean, Mongolian, Japanese ...etc) are only Mandarin-speaking Chinese nationals/mainland Chinese ?! WTF?! :confused::mad:
If you're ethnically Africans or South Asians think you have it bad; try growing up in Laandaan as an East Asian, otherwise just STFU!
Original post by russiantea
In the UK discrimination isn't generally towards black people

Totally right! It's us East Asians that get the brunt of it; even from ethnically Africans and a few other ethnic minorities so it's been a while since I've been overtly discriminated by an ethnically European Brit coz hardly any of them in the part of Laandaan I've used to live innit.
Original post by Vixen47
I got called a paki. I'm Bengali. :nothing:

Well what would you expect to be called, a ******?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Yes I have. 3 times!

1- More to do with my religion as this guy called me a 'raghead'.

2- Again, more to do with religion, was called a 'terrorist'.

3- More to do with my ethincity. In lidl when a old white lady saw me and said 'all these foreigners should **** back to their countries!'.

:/

I was also called a raghead!
Original post by Ravenous
Well what would you expect to be called, a ******?

I expect to be called Bengali. :K:
Reply 46
I don't live in London but I do live in a town that is quite close to it. I have, as a black person, experienced discrimination too. When I'm in London, I haven't (to my knowledge anyway)
If anything the remarkable thing is how anti-English the place is. Drive from Heathrow to Havering its a real eye opener.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending