The Student Room Group

I am actually scared of ISIS now

Scroll to see replies

The one key thing to take from this is that there is no negotiating with these people.

Switzerland is a very peaceful country, does not ever invade or bomb Muslim lands but there were still targeted for death and destruction.
Original post by sleepysnooze
the "7/11" attacks? :lol: oh dear, not that! my favourite convenience store!
"third generation british" - yeah, 3rd gen british *muslims*. if you meant 7/7.
and the IRA *did* cause damage, but not for a very long time.

Sorry, I was going to write something about 9/11 but I went to write about 7/7 instead - my mistake. Yes, the 7/7 attacks. Source for the fact they were muslims?

There are still conflicts in Northern Ireland surrounding the IRA and plenty of non-muslim groups that others have just mentioned, act as terrorists. You're wrong, get over it.
Reply 42
1) where'd you get the pie chart from?
2) how did that source, if it exists, define "terrorist"? I'd find it rather useless in defining a drug cartel a "terrorist" group.
3) oh wow, you made fun of my name, you must be a genius or something - well done

1. FBI website.
2. Terrorist attacks which are any attacks that can be punishable by the law in public interest of safety, i.e. bombings, arson, vandalism, aircraft attacks etc.
3. Thanks babe.
Original post by h.dan
1. FBI website.
2. Terrorist attacks which are any attacks that can be punishable by the law in public interest of safety, i.e. bombings, arson, vandalism, aircraft attacks etc.
3. Thanks babe.

1) cool, then give me the link to the page
2) lmao vandalism is terrorism? are you ****in' kidding? I don't even need to say much to you - you're refuting yourself pretty well to be honest
3) thank you for saying thank you
2) lmao vandalism is terrorism? are you ****in' kidding? I don't even need to say much to you - you're refuting yourself pretty well to be honest

I agree with you here

Anyone who puts petty vandalism or arson where nobody is hurt into the same category as suicide bombings and mass shootings is a ****ing Mr Bean.

If someone puts itching power in David Cameron's shoes are they literally as bad as the Paris attackers? I don't think so.
Reply 45

1. Look for it yourself, I'm on my phone and it will take me 3 years. You probably won't even look which therefore shows how ignorant you actually are calling ALL, EVERY SINGLE terrorist a MUSLIM. Basically you're saying that if there are 1 million terrorists in this world, 1,000,000 of them would be Muslim. Use your brain for once you noob. What are the odds for this to be true? 0%. What about the white people, the black people, the other non-muslim people who AGREE with groups such as ISIS and have decided to join them. They are not Muslim and they are terrorists therefore not making every single terrorist a Muslim.
2. Yes, vandalism is terrorism. That's just my opinion, just like your OPINION, not fact, OPINION, that all terrorists are Muslims. Yours is an opinion because it's simply not true. Deliberate destruction/damage of property is unauthorised use of violence.
3. No problem for you saying thank you for me thanking you.
Original post by Johann von Gauss
The IRA? Free french? Israel? KKK? Are these people muslim??

Fascist bigot

Learn the meaning of 'fascist' and 'bigot' before you start using them. To be honest, these words have pretty much lost any meaning for me since liberals constantly use them as buzzwords against anyone that has a different opinion to them.
Original post by the bear
great job on blurring Ms Glocke's name

:rofl:

:ninja:

Hey, that wasn't my job. Leave Linda alone.
Original post by h.dan
1. Look for it yourself, I'm on my phone and it will take me 3 years. You probably won't even look which therefore shows how ignorant you actually are calling ALL, EVERY SINGLE terrorist a MUSLIM. Basically you're saying that if there are 1 million terrorists in this world, 1,000,000 of them would be Muslim. Use your brain for once you noob. What are the odds for this to be true? 0%. What about the white people, the black people, the other non-muslim people who AGREE with groups such as ISIS and have decided to join them. They are not Muslim and they are terrorists therefore not making every single terrorist a Muslim.
2. Yes, vandalism is terrorism. That's just my opinion, just like your OPINION, not fact, OPINION, that all terrorists are Muslims. Yours is an opinion because it's simply not true. Deliberate destruction/damage of property is unauthorised use of violence.
3. No problem for you saying thank you for me thanking you.

1) no - you made a claim and failed to back it up. the burden of proof is on you. deal with it.
2) okay then, it's my opinion, that's it a mother****ing fact that your opinion is hilariously silly
Reply 49
1) no - you made a claim and failed to back it up. the burden of proof is on you. deal with it.
2) okay then, it's my opinion, that's it a mother****ing fact that your opinion is hilariously silly

Stick to your opinion, I couldn't give a crap to be honest. If you really think that every single terrorist is a Muslim then you really need to reflect on your beliefs. I didn't make a claim, I made a statement by the way. I would back it up but I frankly cannot be bothered dealing with an ignorant person such as yourself.

I'm not gonna reply here anymore, good luck in the future and I hope you do think that one day all terrorists are not Muslims. Use your one brain cell for once, please.
Original post by h.dan
Stick to your opinion, I couldn't give a crap to be honest. If you really think that every single terrorist is a Muslim then you really need to reflect on your beliefs. I didn't make a claim, I made a statement by the way. I would back it up but I frankly cannot be bothered dealing with an ignorant person such as yourself.

I'm not gonna reply here anymore, good luck in the future and I hope you do think that one day all terrorists are not Muslims. Use your one brain cell for once, please.

I never claimed that "all" terrorists were muslims. I even clarified this before. I said "muslims are terrorists" in a very loose sense, because terrorists are usually always muslim. the only thing I regret here is not being crystal-clear with people like you. it isn't wrong to generalise that terrorists are predominantly muslims. you wouldn't honestly tell me that if you heard a news report that there had been a terrorist bombing, that you *wouldn't* automatically presumethat the bombings were done by *drum roll*...muslims.
(edited 8 years ago)
muslims sure do like blowing stuff up, huh?

If all muslims were terrorists we would all be dead. Idiot.
Original post by noor.m
If all muslims were terrorists we would all be dead. Idiot.

what I was obviously saying was that it's *always* muslims that are the terrorists, and that's been the perpetual case for this and perhaps the last generation.
Reply 53
2) how did that source, if it exists, define "terrorist"? I'd find it rather useless in defining a drug cartel a "terrorist" group.

Drug cartels clearly use terrorist tactics. They commit very public crimes, leave desecrated bodies around, with the aim of spreading fear through a population to increase their influence and make the establishment appear weak.

But you've already defined in your head that all terrorists are muslims, therefore drug cartels can't be terrorists.
Original post by Dheorl
Drug cartels clearly use terrorist tactics. They commit very public crimes, leave desecrated bodies around, with the aim of spreading fear through a population to increase their influence and make the establishment appear weak.

But you've already defined in your head that all terrorists are muslims, therefore drug cartels can't be terrorists.

so spreading fear = terrorism? see, if this is the kind of remote and desperate over-reaching you're resorting to, whereby your terms are so blurred and ambiguous that basically anybody can fulfil the definition, then you've lost all your credibility. in this sense, people with big muscles are terrorists. tall people are terrorists. the police and army are terrorists. sharks are terrorists. dogs are terrorists. the world is a terrorist for causing earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions.
Reply 55
so spreading fear = terrorism? see, if this is the kind of remote and desperate over-reaching you're resorting to, whereby your terms are so blurred and ambiguous that basically anybody can fulfil the definition, then you've lost all your credibility. in this sense, people with big muscles are terrorists. tall people are terrorists. the police and army are terrorists. sharks are terrorists. dogs are terrorists. the world is a terrorist for causing earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions.

You're right, because you're definition of "muslim = terrorist" is much more reasonable.

I'm saying spreading fear through actions to advance an agenda is terrorism. I'm not aware of any of the group you mention doing that. And what country do you live in where the police carry out actions so that they are truly feared by the general public?
Original post by Dheorl
You're right, because you're definition of "muslim = terrorist" is much more reasonable.

I'm saying spreading fear through actions to advance an agenda is terrorism. I'm not aware of any of the group you mention doing that. And what country do you live in where the police carry out actions so that they are truly feared by the general public?

no, I said "terrorists = muslims" and when I said "muslims like blowing things up" in my first statement, it was a generalisation, not a definition.
and, again, if that's what terrorism refers to in your mind, then you basically can't use that term any more, because nobody refers to ****ing graffiti as terrorism.
Reply 57
no, I said "terrorists = muslims" and when I said "muslims like blowing things up" in my first statement, it was a generalisation, not a definition.
and, again, if that's what terrorism refers to in your mind, then you basically can't use that term any more, because nobody refers to ****ing graffiti as terrorism.

Even if you reduce it to violent acts and killing then drug cartels commit terrorist acts, as a stated in my first post.
Original post by Dheorl
Even if you reduce it to violent acts and killing then drug cartels commit terrorist acts, as a stated in my first post.

so basically all violent crime is terrorism to you.
Reply 59
so basically all violent crime is terrorism to you.

No. Jesus, learn to read...

"They commit very public crimes, leave desecrated bodies around, with the aim of spreading fear through a population to increase their influence and make the establishment appear weak."

That quote is taken from my very first post. There's a giant chasm between what the cartels do and a simple mugging.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending