The Student Room Group

Are we all equal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by william walker
No we aren't equal and can't have equality of opportunity. All we can seek is justice, equality under the law.

Original post by Jooooshy
We're not all equal, but we all deserve equal opportunities.

No, we are equal. We are equal because we are all made of the same stuff and want the same things: happiness, love and companionship.

Even just reading the words makes you feel good. Our differences are tiny.
Original post by NHM713
No, we are equal. We are equal because we are all made of the same stuff and want the same things: happiness, love and companionship.

Even just reading the words makes you feel good. Our differences are tiny.

You can't seriously believe this can you?
Reply 102
You can't seriously believe this can you?

Whole heartedly.

What makes us unequal? Money?
Original post by HigherMinion
So you don't think biology has anything to do with the way different peoples behave? Respect and equality are still different things- I'd never advocate "hate" or disrespect, merely the understanding the "equality and diversity" is both an oxymoron and moronic to desire.

It was very implicit in what I wrote that despite the biological differences between the two sexes, how much respect you offer someone shouldn't differ because of those biological differences.
At a base level we are all equal as human beings (we are all belonging to the same species, are we not?), slight differences at a biological level shouldn't make any difference to how you treat people.
Original post by NHM713
Whole heartedly.

What makes us unequal? Money?

Capabilities and interests make us unequal. So people have an IQ of 80 and other people have an IQ of 250. Some people are athletic and 6ft-10" and other people are overweight and 5ft-6". Also some people are interested in geopolitics and other people are interested in spending time with friends.

We aren't argument and money has nothing to do with it, it is just manifestation of the fact we aren't equal.
Reply 105
Capabilities and interests make us unequal. So people have an IQ of 80 and other people have an IQ of 250. Some people are athletic and 6ft-10" and other people are overweight and 5ft-6". Also some people are interested in geopolitics and other people are interested in spending time with friends.

We aren't argument and money has nothing to do with it, it is just manifestation of the fact we aren't equal.

Intellect, is not the only way to measure the intelligence of a person you know, and this current system, is not the only way of running a society.

Money is used a way of keeping people in categories, working class, middle class etc. When in reality there is no such thing. Your understand of the world is a little narrow minded as well as out dated.
Original post by NHM713
Intellect, is not the only way to measure the intelligence of a person you know, and this current system, is not the only way of running a society.

Money is used a way of keeping people in categories, working class, middle class etc. When in reality there is no such thing. Your understand of the world is a little narrow minded as well as out dated.

I don't want my nation state to be run, I want it to be governed and maintained. For it to be maintained there is only one way to it. The British governmental system and power balance between institutions.

Well I could make £4 trillion and I wouldn't be upper class. Where as other people could be poor, but still be upper class. It is about legacy in Britain. The idea class has anything to do with money is communist idea. My views are of course narrow minded and out dated, I am Loyalist Reactionary High Tory of the Church of England. However that isn't an argument against my views.
(edited 9 years ago)
My views are of course narrow minded and out dated, I am Loyalist Reactionary High Tory of the Church of England. However that isn't an argument against my views.

If your views aer indeed outdated, then the cyclical nature of politics and governance will render them relevant once more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato%27s_five_regimes we're at Tyranny now, so not long till we hit the greatest part of the cycle again.
Reply 108
No, I don't think everyone is equal. Some people are better people than others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending