Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

What harm do homosexuals actually cause? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's bias against it because in the days of no medication you had to be wary of the man who likes to come into contact with poo, that's why sodomy for heterosexuals and homosexuality itself are "sins" in the bible, it was passing on disease and the church which controlled everything decided to do something about it. Just like when religions say oh no you can't eat pork that's a holy animal, it's because there was a problem with disease linked to eating those animals. Or something along those lines, that's why there's a thought process passed down from generation to generation to tell you to be wary of homosexuals and people who perform sodomy, whether right or wrong that's why. I think there is no harm in it with the inventions and discoveries of modern medicine so this way of thinking no longer applies as much, although it did when aids was a big deal. Disease and fear of it is what drove people to shun homosexuality, now it's not so much of a problem, when it's no longer a problem whatsoever I foresee a lot more tolerance that's how I think of it anyways.
    (I'm bisexual incase anyone is wondering)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    What the actual ****?

1. That's sexual assault.

2. Why didn't you say "please stop touching me" if you felt a "little uncomfortable"?

3. How is this anecdote relevant?
    1. Meh, I'm over it. No traumatic harm done

2. He was on drugs, it was pretty obvious that whatever I could have said would not have helped.. Besides, he cornered my girlfriend's gay friend in the toilets not letting him out unless he kissed him.

3. It just came to my mind, an uncomfortable experience with a drugged up homosexual man. You know, as in what harm could they cause?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    1. Meh, I'm over it. No traumatic harm done

2. He was on drugs, it was pretty obvious that whatever I could have said would not have helped.. Besides, he cornered my girlfriend's gay friend in the toilets not letting him out unless he kissed him.

3. It just came to my mind, an uncomfortable experience with a drugged up homosexual man. You know, as in what harm could they cause?
    He didn't cause that harm because he was gay (also you just said no traumatic harm done), he caused that harm and happened to be gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    He didn't cause that harm because he was gay (also you just said no traumatic harm done), he caused that harm and happened to be gay.
    You got to it before me. Grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandZul'Zorander)
    You got to it before me. Grrr
    When I take my half-ish past 2 break in work, I TSR hard!
    Nice to know you support me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    When I take my half-ish past 2 break in work, I TSR hard!
    Nice to know you support me though
    But of course :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing, there's nothing to debate.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.