The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Your experiences with 'chavs'

Scroll to see replies

Cheeky af, not all chavs are from Newcastle.. you get chavs all over so you’re talking shite
I am a chav and I am nice g
Original post by Mr_Steve_Stifler
We hear about this cultural group everyday, but what are your actual experiences with them ?

For me, personally, i was not troubled by them in my school years because i played football a lot for the school team and town team and we had commonalities because of that. As a guy from an ethnic minority i was surprised i was not bullied or made fun of, but such is life and i learnt to just accept them and treat them like human beings. They returned the favour.

However, it is commonplace that i get chavs on the street shouting typically racist things. Chavs that i don't know.

These are my experiences.

Chavs? You mean like a viscount instead of and earl or a marquis?
I live in a VERY chavvy area. Some of these chavs are actually quite nice (e.g my neighbour for and some of my friends from dance). But I've had loads of bad(ish) experiences with chavs, such as:
-Walking home from school, and two chav boys making some pervy comments and making fun of my (african) hairtsyle
-The group of teenagers (boys and girls) who always smoke weed and play loud music in the little forest right next to our house. It's so annoying because it always stinks of weed in the summer. And it means that I have to walk the long way home because last time I went in those woods they set their dog on me.
-Standing at the bus stop, some girl comes up to me and starts making nasty comments for no reason.
-There's more, but it's honestly not that interesting.

Luckily for me, I go to the grammar school in a much nicer area, so I don't have to deal with chavs when I'm at school.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey there I’m Courtney well first off I’m a chav myself and I love it like! There’s nothing bad about making fun of people like people are just too sensitive it’s stupid! 😘
Reply 165
In my town its riddled with them but some of them are decent lads some are wannabe gangsters who thinks it's hard to harras and carry, but I've had serval experiences with them all I've learnt is to not mouth of back especially when you by yourself when they're with like 10 😂 but I always have to stand my ground no matter what I can't help myself 😂

Latest

Trending

Trending