The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by riotgrrl
And some people will just happen to have a different opinion to you about one instance of nudity which they believe to be gratuituous, and from that you'll make swift assumptions about their personality and their views on sex in general :dontknow:

A rather long and drawn out argument is less than swift. I must admit he's pissed me off somewhat in various respects. I really do hope you forgive me. :dontknow:
Encouraging the use of illegal websites, no matter how vague, will result in warnings. Just don't do it.
Reply 202
Original post by john1234567

Original post by john1234567
Are you sure you actually watched Boardwalk Empire? I'm pretty sure they use the word "boardwalk" in it.

:yawn: ever tried not being a **** and replying to someone without nit picking?
Original post by aliluvschoc
A rather long and drawn out argument is less than swift. I must admit he's pissed me off somewhat in various respects. I really do hope you forgive me. :dontknow:

I don't know, it depends on how often I get to use this smiley :dontknow:
Reply 204
I don't know, it depends on how often I get to use this smiley :dontknow:

I promise I'll let you use it whenever I am present. Which won't be for much longer the way my warning points seem to be stacking up in this thread. :dontknow:
Original post by aliluvschoc
I promise I'll let you use it whenever I am present. Which won't be for much longer the way my warning points seem to be stacking up in this thread. :dontknow:

Then you have my forgiveness :tongue: And how come talking about using illegal sites gets you warning points but talking about other illegal stuff like drugs or underage sex is fine? :dontknow:
Reply 206
Then you have my forgiveness :tongue: And how come talking about using illegal sites gets you warning points but talking about other illegal stuff like drugs or underage sex is fine? :dontknow:

Edit: I just remembered you're not meant to discuss warnings :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 207
This page was just blocked, was that just for me? :unsure:

Who's watching it tonight ASAP?

Just looking at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/ the reviews, I think I agree with most of them. It's been given a fantastic rating too which I really think it deserves.
Reply 208
Another excellent episode! I cannot wait for next week... again! :biggrin:
Reply 209
Original post by Phalanges
Encouraging the use of illegal websites, no matter how vague, will result in warnings. Just don't do it.

Wow, just because you don't like the show there's no need to have a Nazi moment. Just leave the thread alone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 210
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Also glad to see Ghost finally make an appearance.

I've not read the books, but ghost was wicked awesome. Vital to the plot, it take it? :smile:
Reply 211
Anyone else just not that impressed? I've read the first two books and loved them, but the show just feels so thin compared to them. All the plot elements seem so cliché and shallow on screen because they aren't as fleshed out. Too many things happening in too short a time, jumping around from the Wall to King's Landing to the Dothraki every 5 seconds.....

I also feel like the characters aren't fleshed out at all. I know and love them from the books, but thinking from the point of view of a newcomer to the series it just seems pretty crap.
Reply 212
Original post by Curzon
Anyone else just not that impressed? I've read the first two books and loved them, but the show just feels so thin compared to them. All the plot elements seem so cliché and shallow on screen because they aren't as fleshed out. Too many things happening in too short a time, jumping around from the Wall to King's Landing to the Dothraki every 5 seconds.....

I also feel like the characters aren't fleshed out at all. I know and love them from the books, but thinking from the point of view of a newcomer to the series it just seems pretty crap.

No, it's awesome :biggrin:

I haven't read any of the books and I'm loving it immensely! I also feel quite a lot of connection with the characters, and even the wolves haha! I was cursing the Lannisters after Lady was killed *shakes fist in the general direction of the closest Lannister* :p:

EDIT: Tyrion rocks though; I would never shake my fist at him :p:
Reply 213
Original post by Phil2202
No, it's awesome :biggrin:

I haven't read any of the books and I'm loving it immensely! I also feel quite a lot of connection with the characters, and even the wolves haha! I was cursing the Lannisters after Lady was killed *shakes fist in the general direction of the closest Lannister* :p:

EDIT: Tyrion rocks though; I would never shake my fist at him :p:

Hmm well maybe I'm being too critical. I hyped this up massively, in fact the reason I read the books was because I heard about the show about a year ago. I am enjoying it though, and yeah Tyrion is great! One of the best characters of the books.
Reply 214
Original post by Curzon
Hmm well maybe I'm being too critical. I hyped this up massively, in fact the reason I read the books was because I heard about the show about a year ago. I am enjoying it though, and yeah Tyrion is great! One of the best characters of the books.

I'm quite a fan on Jon too; genuine nice guy, right there :smile:

I cannot wait for those dragon eggs to hatch. It's been hinting at it forever! That bloody Targaryen better die too.
Reply 215
In Phalanges' defence, he's just enforcing the rules (no posting of illegal links) since people were doing that and doing his duty as the Entertainment moderator. As many people can testify, he's not the person to start an agenda if he doesn't like something (and I think he likes the show).

Seems to have a grudge against it, tbh.

Imo, the books are the best fantasy novels since LOTR, but the TV show could be better. Then again, could be worse too.
Reply 216
Oh definitely, well it's up there with Robin Hobb novels too (if you've ever read any of them). I'm just glad it made it to the screen. Too many projects revolving fantasy and science fiction adaptations have failed. And this has a good budget and a fairly good cast.

I really enjoyed the latest episode! Only just finished the first book, starting on the second in about half an hours time :tongue: I'm enjoying the show so far, there are a few random moments that aren't in the book and are talking about things I don't know having read it, so I assume they are picking a few things from later on to flesh out the story of the past? If anyone could confirm that would be cool :tongue:

Ghost is badass :biggrin: I swear the only time we have seen Grey Wind has been him just sitting under the table!? And Shaggydog hasn't had a mention (might have spelled that right) and nor has Rickon, really.
Reply 217
Original post by westy89
I think the only 2 HBO shows where the gratuitous nudity/swearing actually worked was Oz and Deadwood.

Err, Sopranos??
quite liking it so far, got good character development seeing as there so many as well

The Jousting scene was pretty intense :redface:
Reply 219
Ser Gregor is a bit small, isn't he?

Latest