The Student Room Group

TV is missing a far future "Space Adventure" that is not "Star Wars" or "Star Trek"

For some reason I think this is the perfect time for such a show.

Perhaps it is because the first sci fi show I ever watched was aired back in Nov-Dec of 2015.

Perhaps it feels like getting a Christmas present for a sci fi fan like me.

To me sci fi like fantasy is a genre full of possibility and excitement. Did humanity evolve into AI? Did humanity cure cancer? Did humanity meet aliens?

But like fantasy is it easy to make something bland and uninspired. Anyone who put put dragons, swords, and spaceships into a TV show but it takes talent to make something like "Game of Thrones" or "The Expanse".

I found "Foundation" and "Halo" to be bland. "Strange New Worlds" and "Ahsoka" were better but set in familiar universes.

I wish the TV show producers would give us new stories set in new universes. New aliens. New civilizations.

Like The Expanse I want something with a lovable spaceship crew, exciting space battles, political intrigue, intergalactic mystery, and an action packed story but set in a more optimistic future.
[video="youtube;BtAzQBKPdnA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtAzQBKPdnA[/video]

There is so much stuff out there that can be adapted?

What happened?

Did society become too cynical for the future?

Do today's TV viewers now prefer more realistic stuff?

It seems like far future space adventure seemed like more of a 90s-2000s thing.

People seemed more excited and wowed by space travel and the future back then.

Quick Reply

Latest