The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alibee
He was definitely looking at her funny...

I don't feel totally convinced that Tywin doesn't know... He knows she tells a lot of lies. What would her motivation to lie be if she just came from a random family?

The other question I really wanted to ask was: why has Marcella been sent away? I thought all that was a bluff, why has he actually sent her?

To get Dorne on their side.
Reply 1361
Original post by AugustWestie
To get Dorne on their side.

But there were reasons to send her to all the places.... I'd have thought smoothing things over with his sister would be a much smarter move than some stupid alliance.
Original post by alibee
But there were reasons to send her to all the places.... I'd have thought smoothing things over with his sister would be a much smarter move than some stupid alliance.

It would have strengthened alliances in all of the situations he proposed, but Dorne is obviously the jackpot as he knows they were sympathisers for the Targaryens and a potential ally for the other 'Kings'. There is another reason he needs to sweeten them too...

Spoiler

He knows he can never win Cersei over so that's not his issue.
Original post by scotttb
Hi, and welcome to the wrong thread.

xD Sorry.
Original post by alibee

The other question I really wanted to ask was: why has Marcella been sent away? I thought all that was a bluff, why has he actually sent her?

Firstly to keep her safe as the city could be attacked at any time.
Secondly because the Martells are probably the strongest family who haven't declared for anyone (And they haven't suffered from any of the effects of the war.) So he wanted to create a marriage alliance with them.
Reply 1365
I've decided I can't resist the temptation to look at spoilers in this thread and need to stop :frown:
Reply 1366
Original post by aliluvschoc
It would have strengthened alliances in all of the situations he proposed, but Dorne is obviously the jackpot as he knows they were sympathisers for the Targaryens and a potential ally for the other 'Kings'. There is another reason he needs to sweeten them too...

Spoiler

He knows he can never win Cersei over so that's not his issue.

Oh this is the same family as the Knight of the Flowers and his sister?
Original post by alibee
Oh this is the same family as the Knight of the Flowers and his sister?

Nooo lol not remotely. Loras and Margery Tyrell are from the 7 Kingdoms!
Reply 1368

Oh Martell sounds quite like Tyrell..... :redface:
Original post by alibee
Oh Martell sounds quite like Tyrell..... :redface:

:lol: I suppose it does in a way.

Dorne is one of the Seven Kingdoms. :tongue: As is The Reach, which is where the Tyrells are located.

Spoiler

Reply 1372
Original post by failingatm

Spoiler

Yeah erm who was that...?
Original post by alibee
Yeah erm who was that...?

Spoiler

Tywin and Arya is an amazing pairing. They rival Littlefinger-Varys in terms of passive-aggressive verbal sparring, I swear. Just make the whole show that, basically.
Reply 1375
Original post by Christien
Tywin and Arya is an amazing pairing. They rival Littlefinger-Varys in terms of passive-aggressive verbal sparring, I swear. Just make the whole show that, basically.

Haha I would watch that! But they should intersperse it with clips of Tyrion slapping Joffrey, that never gets old :biggrin:
Original post by Christien

Tywin really is amazing. Charles Dance is one of the best actors in the English-speaking world, for my money. And Maisie Williams (Arya) has a bright career ahead of her. These little moments are just beautifully scripted.
Original post by Kaiser MacCleg
Haha, I hadn't seen that before.

looool, love Jon Snow though
Reply 1378
I swear there is little to no boob this season. Clever idea, entice us in with promise of boob in every episode then have us hooked on the story and the boob taken away. Clever bastards.

Spoiler

Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Tywin really is amazing. Charles Dance is one of the best actors in the English-speaking world, for my money. And Maisie Williams (Arya) has a bright career ahead of her. These little moments are just beautifully scripted.

Agreed. He's perfect for Machiavellian characters. His performances as Tywin and as Discworld's Vetinari have been great.

Latest