The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by aliluvschoc
Only problem I have, they've screwed up the ages of the characters quite a bit such as the Stark boys (besides Bran) and Daenerys (though I know they obviously couldn't have shot the sex-scenes if they'd used an actual young girl!).

They also don't really explain who's who and what their relationships are, to make it really as clear as it could be for people who haven't read the book.

Don't see why not.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Empire has posted an interview with G R. R. Martin (covering the TV series) if anyone is interested in reading:
http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1251

It was only a matter of time before a gif made an appearance. What a badass.

Do you reckon you can edit it so the gif says shut the **** up with a word for each slap?
Reply 142
Original post by Rant
Don't see why not.

Well, you wouldn't get many people being happy about seeing a naked 13 year old (I think that's how old she was) :dontknow:
Reply 143

Well, you wouldn't get many people being happy about seeing a naked 13 year old (I think that's how old she was) :dontknow:

I think so :yep: It wasn't meant to be too long after her first period, as they mention her 'bleed' near the beginning of the book.

I thought that the show managed to restrain itself in terms of the sex in the book tbh.
Reply 144
Original post by Mess.
I think so :yep: It wasn't meant to be too long after her first period, as they mention her 'bleed' near the beginning of the book.

I thought that the show managed to restrain itself in terms of the sex in the book tbh.

Yes! I don't know what everyone was getting so worked up over! I've seen things with far more sex scenes, and really considering the amount of them in the book they've not gone overboard at all :biggrin:
Reply 145

Who wouldn't?
Reply 146
Original post by Rant
Who wouldn't?

She wouldn't have such nice boobies though :no:
Original post by channy

Anyone as excited as I am? Bloody brilliant cast too!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/

Lena Headey as Cersei :drool:

Offical website

I need to watch this. After exams. I practically not watched any telly... since revision.
Reply 148

aheee
Original post by a_t

aheee

lol well those came out fast, the show being 2 episodes old and all

I remember those kinda images for Lost, some were so funny
Reply 150

What did people think of ep 3? Things are starting to move now.
Original post by Curzon

What did people think of ep 3? Things are starting to move now.

I think Arya is absolutely brilliant.
Reply 152
Original post by OdinsThunder

Agreed, Maisie Williams is actually probably my favourite actor on the show so far, and that's saying a lot from me, I usually hate kid actors. She really nails it, exactly how you imagine Arya from the books.
Reply 153
Original post by Talon19921992
I am!

I don't understand how we in the UK will be able to watch it though, can't get HBO in the UK. Will it just come out slightly later on the BBC?

Sky Atlantic
Original post by Ste_2505
Sky Atlantic

And if you don't have sky atlantic but you do have an internet connection, then you can use your imagination :wink:
Reply 155
Syrio Forel is totally wrong.
Reply 156
I really enjoyed the episode but the characters do feel quite cartoony. I'm hoping they manage to flesh out abut more.

When reading the book I only managed to get a little bit further than where the series is currently up to.
Original post by OdinsThunder

Agreed! She's my favourite, although Daenerys is actually growing on me a lot now that she's developing a backbone. I think I'm at a bit of a disadvantage having not read the books though, seeing as I only just caught up with the fact that winter is like, years long, making the whole "Winter is coming" thing a lot more important.

Also, can someone confirm if I've got this right: before the King married Little Miss Incest, he loved Ed's (now dead) sister. And before Cat married Ed, she had Brothel Owner and Ed's (now dead) brother fighting over her?
Reply 158
Original post by riotgrrl

Original post by riotgrrl
Agreed! She's my favourite, although Daenerys is actually growing on me a lot now that she's developing a backbone. I think I'm at a bit of a disadvantage having not read the books though, seeing as I only just caught up with the fact that winter is like, years long, making the whole "Winter is coming" thing a lot more important.

Also, can someone confirm if I've got this right: before the King married Little Miss Incest, he loved Ed's (now dead) sister. And before Cat married Ed, she had Brothel Owner and Ed's (now dead) brother fighting over her?

His name is Ned not Ed (his formal name is Eddard though so easy mistake to make) :h:

And the rest sounds about right to me.
Original post by Mess.
His name is Ned not Ed (his formal name is Eddard though so easy mistake to make) :h:

And the rest sounds about right to me.

Ok, thank you!

Latest