The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Nikita a male or Unisex name?

Scroll to see replies

EverLearningFool
I mentioned, I am a girl and my name is Nikita. I am not manly, slutty or full of attitude as others have suggested.

High five, girlfren'!!! :biggrin:
And yeah, even I'm nothing like what most people perceive Nikita's to be like.

It's all an image created by that TV show and there's a French TV show called 'la femme 'nikita' or something... :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
bibekpd
defo a girl...have loads of GIRL friends named nikita
cant even dream of calling a boy nikita.
ergh.

ive done some research on the name, its male in austria germany greece and the eastern european countries, in fact wikipedia says that in russia its the 5 most popular male name and 3rd and 4 th in other eastern european countries.
Sabertooth

Female? :lolwut:

Is his/their name Nikita? :confused:
(edited 13 years ago)
The Cornerstone
Is his/their name Nikita? :confused:

Of course. If anyone said their name was "Nikita" to me, that would be the first person I would think of.

Looks most definitely male, I think you'll agree.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Sabertooth

Female? :lolwut:

keuschev is a legend. definately best soviet/russian leadee after putin.
didgeridoo12uk
i'd say it sounds like a girls name

suuposedly it originated as a russian male name which is now most commonly used in the rest of the world for girls

:ditto:

i have a female friend called Nikita, but it is a Russian male name.
Sabertooth
Of course. If anyone said their name was "Nikita" to me, that would be the first person I would think of.

Looks most definitely male, I think you'll agree.

I have no idea. Like I said before the first time I heard that name was from the tv show and now the first thing that comes to my mind when hearing it, so I tend to associate it with a woman.
I've always like 'Alexis' as a unisex name. It probably leans to female though.
The Cornerstone
I have no idea. Like I said before the first time I heard that name was from the tv show and now the first thing that comes to my mind when hearing it, so I tend to associate it with a woman.

I'm not debating that, I'm just surprised that when someone said male you thought it appropriate to respond with what you did.

A recent tv show (which I've never heard of but that's beside the point) doesn't wipe out the fact that it is one of the most common Eastern European male names and has been for many many years.
I always thought it was just a girls' name :dontknow:
I always think of it more as a girl's name, but I guess it could be either.
Reply 51
Swimmer
Basically I met this guy today whos name was nikita..is that a male or unisex name? apparently its a male in most euorpean countries...:s-smilie:

sounds quite feminine to me
Samz
I have a friend in Australia called Nikita, she's a girl! :biggrin:
I like it for a girl more tbh.. it's quite a 'pretty' name i think :smile:

My cousin lives in Perth and is called that. How many nikitas can there be in Oz?
Bubbles*de*Milo
Female unless you're Russian.

Yeah this OP.In England Nikita is definitely a ghetto female name.
it seems female to me ... but im thinking of La Femme Nikita back in the day and then like a newer version of the show called Nikita which is out now !

Nikita Khrushchev - First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union

so ya maybe ita unisex

makes me think of a russian prostitute though
Reply 55
Its a female name all over India....
Reply 56
Baby sites actually state that its a musculine name...why would parents give their girls a musculine name?...same with Andrea...
Swimmer
Basically I met this guy today whos name was nikita..is that a male or unisex name? apparently its a male in most euorpean countries...:s-smilie:

I had a girl at my school called Nikita. I never heard of a man called Nikita but if you are saying, then it MUST be a unisex name. I always thought it was a female name?
Reply 58
unknown_047
I had a girl at my school called Nikita. I never heard of a man called Nikita but if you are saying, then it MUST be a unisex name. I always thought it was a female name?

Mmm I guess Nikita is a unisex then. I only know males with that name, some know only females...so..

The baby name sites give the meaning as musculine, but gender as unisex.

Latest

Trending

Trending