The Student Room Group

Girls- if it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless... (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

I actually wouldnt like to see girls walking around topless and im a guy.
Partly because this would mean every girl and im sure some of you guys wouldnt like to see some weird looking topless or an elderly woman topless.

Also it takes away that perverted instinct we men have. You bound to get bored of seeing something everyday.

The main reason being im an ass man, boobs aint bad. But that has nothing on arses.
Reply 101
I would be happy with bikini in public to be honest.
Reply 102
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
If I wasn't for the fact I'm a bit insecure about my breasts, I would happily walk around topless if it was 'accepted'. I love doing it in my room/after a shower. It always pisses me off in summer/abroad when elderly men with hairy chests and a pot belly can wander around damn near naked and I'm sweating and trying to find a top and bra that work together AND keep me cool.

Go without :sexface:
Reply 103
Nahhh, I like support. But if I could walk around with just a bra, sure.
Original post by catsss
Nahhh, I like support. But if I could walk around with just a bra, sure.

You can...I saw a girl walking down the main street in my town on a busy day wearing just a bra on her top half.
Original post by connor ellis
It would mess up boys hormones... Or just make them so overexposed to them that they might no longer care for them.

good point - god that'd be awful.
Original post by insoms
Go without :sexface:

Well, at risk of causing all the male members of TSR to get overexcited, my breasts aren't really small enough for that kind of liberation :tongue:
if i walked around topless people would think i was a guy :/
This thread is redundant, since if it were socially acceptable then people wouldn't think about it in the same way that we are.
Original post by Stefan1991
It is sexist, plain and simple. The only reason is because of western society's bizarre boob fetish, and the fallacy that your natural body is inherently sexual.

It's just an anachronistic relic of our past repressive and sexist Victorian morality.

You sound like you'd be better off in Saudi Arabia.

Exactly the same reason you used is given by husbands to force their women to wear burkhas. I guess you haven't really embraced the idea that we're equal.

Well, how about the fact I respect my body enough that I want to keep it private instead of flaunting it for every drunkard on the street to lear at, is that more feminist for you? Would you happy at every random builder gawping at your wifes tits?

There is no equal in this world, men and women are different and always will be.
Reply 110
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
Well, at risk of causing all the male members of TSR to get overexcited, my breasts aren't really small enough for that kind of liberation :tongue:

Please, the only saggy things that some of us enjoy are testicles.
Reply 111
Original post by MovingOn
Well, how about the fact I respect my body enough that I want to keep it private instead of flaunting it for every drunkard on the street to lear at, is that more feminist for you?

You respect your body so much you are ashamed of it? That makes sense.

How is treating your body like the property of someone else and hiding it like its something to be embarrassed of respecting it exactly?

And why would someone simply looking at you cause you so much offence? That just screams of hidden insecurities.

If they're looking at you because you are attractive to them then they are going to look at you either way, most people would take it as a compliment.

Would you happy at every random builder gawping at your wifes tits?

Why wouldn't I? Please enlighten me to why I would mind. If someone is admiring your wife's beauty why would you take it any way other than a compliment?
Original post by BradP
Please, the only saggy things that some of us enjoy are testicles.

Lol, plz. Did I say they were saggy? If you had them you would understand that the support takes the strain off your back and spreads it across your shoulders. Moreover, it doesn't matter how pert they are, if you have larger breasts and try to run/jog anywhere without a bra then, well, ****'s gonna go down.
Original post by Stefan1991
You respect your body so much you are ashamed of it? That makes sense.

How is treating your body like the property of someone else and hiding it like its something to be embarrassed of respecting it exactly?

And why would someone simply looking at you cause you so much offence? That just screams of hidden insecurities.

If they're looking at you because you are attractive to them then they are going to look at you either way, most people would take it as a compliment.

Why wouldn't I? Please enlighten me to why I would mind. If someone is admiring your wife's beauty why would you take it any way other than a compliment?

There's a big difference between admiring beauty and some drunken bloke shouting 'nice tits, love!'
Reply 114
Topless for guys and girls isn't quite the same is it! I'd not want to go topless its too personal and intimate, the same way I'd not want to go around nude. Bikini is fine, it is just enough to get a good tan and keep you cool, but gives you confidence like you are fully covered.
Reply 115
There's a big difference between admiring beauty and some drunken bloke shouting 'nice tits, love!'

And what's that?
Reply 116
I would, defo ^ ^so long as I wasnt like the only person doing it :P
Original post by Lewroll
Really? I thought bras provide essential support?

:lolwut:

I've always wanted to hear you say that :sexface:

Have you never spent the day braless? Wouldn't it be exciting, the freedom and relief. I think it would be healthy for everyone to walk around naked at least one day a year.

they do give support, doesn't mean they are nice to wear. i prefer being braless unless there's a lot of stairs involved, might knock myself out
Reply 118
The main replies are: 'No, guys would get to overexcited.' - we can control ourselves
'we should have equality, but we shouldn't' :lolwut:
'It'd be embarrassing' - if it's acceptable I doubt that really.
'I don't want all that attention' - don't flatter yourselves.

Yes I like breasts, but don't think for one second all guys would do is perve if it was ACCEPTABLE for you to be bare.
I am a guy and I voted for yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending