The Student Room Group

Are my parents commiting fraud?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AvatarMew
My mother told me that as it is her's due to her lisense eing on it she can use it for whatever she wants... They use it for personal use (Nothing to do with me) isn't that illegal?

Yes. You need to report your parents to the council. Is there any reason why you don't have your blue badge on you in person so they can't use it?
Original post by OU Student
Yes. You need to report your parents to the council. Is there any reason why you don't have your blue badge on you in person so they can't use it?

It is because I can't drive bt I am thinkign about learning how to so that they can't abuse it anymore.
trololololololololol

I just went to the police and they told me to phone the council about this.

Poor troll or ****ing ****, either way, probably need to get a life.
It is because I can't drive bt I am thinkign about learning how to so that they can't abuse it anymore.

Just take it? Surely better than actually calling the police on them.
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Just take it? Surely better than actually calling the police on them.

I didn't call the police I just asked who can use the badgfe and what do you mean?
Original post by rorydaredking
Poor troll or ****ing ****, either way, probably need to get a life.

I'm not a freaking troll, is this serious!
I didn't call the police I just asked who can use the badgfe and what do you mean?

Isn't it a card? Can't you take that out of the car and keep it on you?
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Isn't it a card? Can't you take that out of the car and keep it on you?

Oh, I can do that yet my parents use it like everyday.
Reply 49
Good for you AvatarMew. Your parents should be proud of you, as you obviously have your morals in the right place, unlike them.

These people should remember that when they are using the Blue Badge, they are taking that space away from someone that actually needs to use it. Someone that struggles to get around. Its completely immoral.
Reply 50
Oh, I can do that yet my parents use it like everyday.

Well, your parents aren't entitled to use it. If you take it and hide it until you have your own licence then they can't use it any more. If they can't use it, they wouldn't be breaking the law. Problem solved!
Original post by Esiuol
Well, your parents aren't entitled to use it. If you take it and hide it until you have your own licence then they can't use it any more. If they can't use it, they wouldn't be breaking the law. Problem solved!

Mhm that is true, what should I do if they as me for it though?
Original post by Fliip
Good for you AvatarMew. Your parents should be proud of you, as you obviously have your morals in the right place, unlike them.

These people should remember that when they are using the Blue Badge, they are taking that space away from someone that actually needs to use it. Someone that struggles to get around. Its completely immoral.

Thanks, my parents aren't proud of me, they think I'm a spy and that I'm getting into their bussiness.

You really need to learn the word no.

If you're that bothered just take it and destroy it (cut it up with scissors or whatever). When you need a new one just request it.
Reply 55
Congratulations, you've just busted yer own parents.

A bright future as a Junior G-Man awaits you.
I'm 18 and I DON'T DRIVE yet I have a blue badge for some reason...
I see no reason to learn how to drive as I can get around via other means.

My parents don't have any disabiltes yet they freely use my badge without me being with them claiming it as their own.
The badge has my name and a photo of me so there is no way they can say it is their's
I have spoken to them about this and they have told me that they are intentled to using the badge...

Isn't this illegal?

The question should not be, 'is this technically illegal?', but 'is this wrong?'.

I'm sure most parents of children with disabilities have, from time to time, popped down to the shops and used a disabled parking permit without their child in the car. The police will understand this.
In addition, there's something of a grey area. What if, say, your parents were picking you up from somewhere? Technically you wouldn't be in the car, but you would surely need the level of access provided by the disabled space when returning. This, again, is something that the police recognise and understand. A disabled badge isn't the biggest privilege ever, and misusing it is not Crimewatch-worthy.

In short, stop worrying about it.
You about you cut up the badge, and then refuse to sign for a new one? It's not exactly rocket science is it?

I smell troll.
Original post by OU Student
You really need to learn the word no.

If I try to say no they wouldn't listen to me and tell me again that they have the right to use it, also I don't want to ecome homeless.
If I try to say no they wouldn't listen to me and tell me again that they have the right to use it, also I don't want to ecome homeless.

Oh for Christs sake! There's a booklet that comes with the badge. Show them that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending