The Student Room Group

Girls can be so insensitive/ignorant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by bored.i.am
Sorry but most women ARE interested in wealth and status. Wealth and status is what I said. Why do girls find Ed Sheeran as attractive? Because he's a musician who sings love songs. If he was a binman, noone would bat an eyelid! Girls wouldn't give 2 hoots about this ginger binman. If David Beckham worked in Greggs, he wouldn't be considered perfect by so many women. For many, it's all about the status (and the wealth). A musician! A footballer! Ohh he works in Finance! He's a badboy! Whatever it is. Deep down, they don't want to admit that they don't want to look for a really good guy regardless of his wealth, status or ego. It's only when they get older and realise that time is running out that they change their views a bit (to suit their selfish needs of getting married/kids for security etc).

I sense a hint of jealousy and you would be lying if you said you hadn't fantasized about a female celeb. Seriously take a look in the mirror
(edited 11 years ago)
why all this hostility girls and guys are part of the same puzzle
and both genders have there pros and cons though not applicable too all within the group
learn to live with it cause that's what makes things interesting ... and fun ...
OR become gay :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 182
and who are you to say women are selfish by having children or wanting to get married, you have reached a new low. Seriously it is alright to have an opinion on women just dont voice it publically and tarnish everyone with the same brush. I am not going to lie and say some women are just looking for status and wealth but so are men. And when i say some i mean some.
Reply 183
Original post by Aisha~~
We should all just set our specific requirements, have them stored on a database somewhere, print out ID cards listing said requirements, and have punishments available if any two people interact without matching profiles.

I feel this would make life much easier and simple.

Mankind would have achieved Utopia!
Reply 184
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
As a girl, I agree that some of the things mentioned in the OP are very irritating and shallow, but we live in a shallow world, I doubt you're going to change people's outlook. (Two can play that game surely? Men are also very shallow when they want to be) I'm very skeptical as to how you reached those numbers on the amount of men an average woman could bring home with her though, I think you're just making wild assumptions there.

1000 men. There will be at least 500 single men. If you look nice and cute without being anything special, you can bag half the club no problem if you wanted. Really is not even debatable. Even an ugly girl who weighs 15 stone could probably select from a pool of about 30-50 men. The average to good looking man in a club doesn't have such success. Let's remember that the nice looking girl will probably get approached tons of times so feels no need to act as they know there will always be demand. I'm not making wild assumptions at all. You could go up to 100 good looking men and I'd say 50 would definitely have sex with you there and then (and you don't even have to look great). The only way a man could get such success was if he looked like David Gandy.

I think women sometimes forget this.
Reply 185
1000 men. There will be at least 500 single men. If you look nice and cute without being anything special, you can bag half the club no problem if you wanted. Really is not even debatable. Even an ugly girl who weighs 15 stone could probably select from a pool of about 30-50 men. The average to good looking man in a club doesn't have such success. Let's remember that the nice looking girl will probably get approached tons of times so feels no need to act as they know there will always be demand. I'm not making wild assumptions at all. You could go up to 100 good looking men and I'd say 50 would definitely have sex with you there and then (and you don't even have to look great). The only way a man could get such success was if he looked like David Gandy.

For the women to have sex with the guy in the first place they got lucky; the fact you wont reply to my previous comments is because you know i am right and it offends you to think a girl has her own opinions. Dont get me wrong i am not a feminist but there is a line and you have certainly crossed it
Reply 186
Original post by Aisha~~
You can't accuse someone of being sensitive then state you'd complain if one person ranted about your gender.

In fact he's more obliged to be insulted be the skinny thing than the gender generalisation. The skinny thing is a direct personal insult. The gender thing is an indirect assumption of guilt.

Huh? I never said I'd complain. I asked if he would complain? Also, no, not the same. Calling someone skinny is apparently an insult to their physical appearance, and it's not a very destructive insult either, it's pretty minor. Criticising someone's lifestyle and accusing them of being sexist and taking advantage of privileges is much worse.
Reply 187
Sorry but most women ARE interested in wealth and status. Wealth and status is what I said. Why do girls find Ed Sheeran as attractive? Because he's a musician who sings love songs. If he was a binman, noone would bat an eyelid! Girls wouldn't give 2 hoots about this ginger binman. If David Beckham worked in Greggs, he wouldn't be considered perfect by so many women. For many, it's all about the status (and the wealth). A musician! A footballer! Ohh he works in Finance! He's a badboy! Whatever it is. Deep down, they don't want to admit that they don't want to look for a really good guy regardless of his wealth, status or ego. It's only when they get older and realise that time is running out that they change their views a bit (to suit their selfish needs of getting married/kids for security etc).

Jesus WHAT how can you say most women are interested in wealth and status, have you got evidence to back that up? Ed Sheeran isn't attractive! His music is dull and derivative and he himself seems pretty boring. You have a seriously skewed perception of what women want, clearly you have been spending too much time with the wrong women.
Also, when you come out with crap like that, don't you think it'll be a turn off to women who aren't just interested in wealth and status?
(edited 11 years ago)

Yeah, and we're all swooning over Bill Gates as well...
Reply 189
Original post by minimarshmallow
Yeah, and we're all swooning over Bill Gates as well...

HAHAHAHHAHA well said :smile:
Original post by britchick
Okay, well, believe it or not women do not CHOOSE to take time off work to give birth and rear a child. I would HATE to have to take time off work when I'm older to take maternity leave. But it's one of those things women have to do, because it is impossible to just go into work one day, pop out a baby the next, then come back in the day after and continue as normal. Impossible.
So for many women, maternity leave is an absolute inconvenience and it is not taken out of choice, which is why many women don't appreciate how they get paid less for something which cannot really be helped unless they choose to never have children at all.

Retarded argument. They do - in countries with equal (post birth) parental leave rights (Sweden as an example), women take by far the majority of the leave.

I do think it's easier for women to get sex, but why is it our fault that men have low standards and will shag anyone that isn't hideous? If men stopped harassing every half decent looking girl in the club there wouldn't be such an imbalance. I'm not going to lower my standards to make average and below average looking guys feel better. If I'm going to have sex with someone I have to fancy them, because unlike a lot of men I don't have this "any hole is a goal" (what ever the female equivalent is) type view of sex. I'm more picky.
Reply 192
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Look at all your comments in this thread. Why would I be nice to you when you judge me so cruelly?

You make sweeping generalizations and are martyred, thinking you're so wonderful and everyone so nasty. You don't seem like a nice guy at all. You are such a cliche of those images/memes you get on the internet which describes the 'nice guy' scenario.

Ye you're so psychic you really know me inside out don't you! Sad.

It's funny you've said I don't seem like a nice guy at all (as if to say nice is good) but then you diss nice afterwards with the images/meme things. Contradiction? :rolleyes:
This thread has made me so mad.

If this is honestly true (and i don't think it is) then maybe you should blame the men for being so desperate? Its not exactly the women's fault the men would have sex with them is it?

I think men sometimes forget this
Original post by britchick
What you're saying is true, however I don't agree that a woman should be paid less throughout her whole career because she took time off to give birth to 1 child, for example (or even none at all - who's to say she'll even have any?)- surely it would make sense to pay her the same as a man for all the time she is at work and working just as hard as the man is working to get his money, then just arrange payment changes when it comes to the event where she actually does have to take time off? Seems a lot fairer.

Edit: after looking at whatsername2009's post this would seem an even better arrangement whereby the post-birth care is evenly distributed. That way both men and women can receive the same pay and take off the same amount of time. I hope this sort of thing happens in my lifetime.
The unemployment rate for under 25 year old women is almost 7 percentage points lower than that of men of a comparable age. That difference is almost the national unemployment rate for all ages. Before maternity sets in, women have a MASSIVE advantage over men in the job market. http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=z8o7pt6rd5uqa6_&ctype=l&met_y=unemployment_rate&rdim=country#!ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=unemployment_rate&fdim_y=age_group:y_lt25&fdim_y=country:uk&fdim_y=seasonality:sa&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=sex&idim=sex:f:m&ifdim=sex&hl=en_US&dl=en_US&ind=false

The job market equality problem should be being fixed IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.
Original post by laura130490
I do think it's easier for women to get sex, but why is it our fault that men have low standards and will shag anyone that isn't hideous? If men stopped harassing every half decent looking girl in the club there wouldn't be such an imbalance. I'm not going to lower my standards to make average and below average looking guys feel better. If I'm going to have sex with someone I have to fancy them, because unlike a lot of men I don't have this "any hole is a goal" (what ever the female equivalent is) type view of sex. I'm more picky.

This! completely and utterly this!
Reply 197
Ye you're so psychic you really know me inside out don't you! Sad.

It's funny you've said I don't seem like a nice guy at all (as if to say nice is good) but then you diss nice afterwards with the images/meme things. Contradiction? :rolleyes:

Your not a nice guy, you call women selfish for wanting to get married and have children, imply we are all insensitive slags and call us ignorant for having standards so that we dont shag anything with a pulse. For you to come on here and say those things you are neither good, nice, sensitive, caring or understanding. Everyone that has seen your posts has seen the evidence
Reply 198
The unemployment rate for under 25 year old women is almost 7 percentage points lower than that of men of a comparable age. That difference is almost the national unemployment rate for all ages. Before maternity sets in, women have a MASSIVE advantage over men in the job market. http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...n_US&ind=false

The job market equality problem should be being fixed IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

With guys like you who seem to think men are superior to women, women dont stand a chance. Your figures dont prove anything but the fact that at least there are some decent people out there who see women as equal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 199
Original post by becvic
And i bet you have remarked on someones appearance before to

Yes but what you don't understand is men don't complain about it. It's women who complain about being called fat or skinny but feel it's ok to label men. What bothers me is not that I'm called skinny, but that it's fine to call me skinny but take offence to them being called fat. Being called skinny really doesn't bother me. It just annoys me when if you switch it around, men are deemed as disgusting. And that's the crux. They want one rule for them, and another for men.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending