The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

iq wave kington

Hello all I am going to kingston university this fall. I am staying at Iq wave this year. Is this a good dorm. How close to campus? Anyone else going to be staying there? I will be arriving September 11th from the US . Cant wait to come to the uk!!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
IQ Wave is really nice. Its proper modern, nice size rooms, all en suite and such. Depending on the price band, there are studio flats with your own mini kitchen and such too. Its bang in the middle of town, so its in the middle of both campuses. Closer to Penrhyn probably, only a short walk. I find IQ a little expensive though compared to Seething Wells/Clayhill.

Welcome to the UK.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
I didnt add these to my preferences as they are almost double the price depending on what room you get.
Reply 3
Original post by lanky_noodle
I didnt add these to my preferences as they are almost double the price depending on what room you get.

It is definitely the luxury option in comparison to Seething Wells/Clayhill. The price is kinda mental haha. Quebec is even worse though, the price of those rooms is ridiculous. However it is right opposite Kingston Station and so in the middle of town, its crazy. I would still take Seething/Clayhill as a fresher, or IQ if I had a little more money and wanted somewhere more comfortable/luxurious.
Any other accomodation near roehampton vale its looking like ive missed out on halls as they wont reply to me or answer the phone. ill be ringing them tomorrow i think !!
Reply 5
Keep pestering the accommodation department. The halls are Kingston Hill halls, they have to reply to you! Keep nagging, and eventually you will find success; or go to Cooper House if you are near Kingston / Willing to travel and talk to them in person about it. Plenty of people get halls in the first week, or first month of Uni, as many people drop out of their halls slots. If not, there is always private accommodation available; plenty of landlords looking for students to rent :smile:
I live about 80 miles away so its not an option for me to go i will be on the phone tomorrow pestering as i dont know london i dont know my way round and id like to at least be with people who are in the same boat as me.
Reply 7
Ah I see. Yeah definitely pester them! Emphasize how far away you are and you should be okay. Good luck!
Reply 8
Kinda feel bad now. I'm 15 miles away and got into halls
Its frustrating because i want to meet new people if i live on my own im gonna miss out on the whole experience ill defienatly be ringing up tomorrow crying lol
I know people who missed out on halls who lived far away. Its very irritating and the system is a little flawed, but its just the way it happens. Important thing is to not lose hope, keep pestering and hope for the best. Im sure it'll work out for you. Even if you don't; there are plenty of opportunities to meet people during freshers, chances are that you will make friends in other halls and end up partying hard anyway :smile:
Thing is im not sure where to look if i dont get halls also. I enrol saturday on freshers then have to travel home and miss some freshers which sucks thanks kingston :/
(edited 11 years ago)
If they say no, then ask them about DVL (Daily Vacancy List) which should help. There is also a Kingston Accommodation group on facebook for people who didnt get halls. Seriously though, don't give up. It'll be fine mate.
I am worried tbh i havent found anybody doing my course either ! yeah ive signed up for that but they said i have to wait a week for a password :/
Me and my friend are staying at the iQ wave twin room! x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lanky_noodle
I am worried tbh i havent found anybody doing my course either ! yeah ive signed up for that but they said i have to wait a week for a password :/

Wanna find somewhere to rent privately with me and my friend (both females)?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
pmd you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending