The Student Room Group

I did the IQ test and this is what it said,

You completed the test faster than 74% of people. Remarkable performance in abstract reasoning.

-Can you estimate my IQ? I know it won't be accurate but according to the info above, what could it be?
-Also, the wesbite is making me pay
Original post by 12115

:laugh: /thread

Of course the website is making you pay - that's the point of it. You could have got all the questions wrong and it would still say 'remarkable, you're a genius. Click here to find out just how much of a genius you are'.

Cmmmon...
Original post by Reality Check
:laugh: /thread

Of course the website is making you pay - that's the point of it. You could have got all the questions wrong and it would still say 'remarkable, you're a genius. Click here to find out just how much of a genius you are'.

Cmmmon...

It's funny how your profile name is reality check and you said that what a coincidence!:biggrin:
Original post by heythere12798
It's funny how your profile name is reality check and you said that what a coincidence!:biggrin:

:laugh: sometimes it pays to be straightforward.
Reply 4
Original post by 12115
-Can you estimate my IQ?

Yes. Somewhere between 0 and 200. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 5
If you want your IQ test, take this Mensa test . It'll give you a rough ballpark estimate. Otherwise go pay for a real test like WAIS IV.
Original post by 12115
You completed the test faster than 74% of people. Remarkable performance in abstract reasoning.

-Can you estimate my IQ? I know it won't be accurate but according to the info above, what could it be?

You should go back and do the test again except this time put the wrong answers. You could do it a few times and play around with how quickly you finish it and random answers vs intentionally wrong ones and see if it gives you different responses. I had the same thing happen with brainable.com and yeah it's an extortion tactic. I actually got the same response "remarkable" abstract spacial reasoning, the only difference was that I finished the test in 10 minutes. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I finished in around about the 90th percentile, but, hey, whose keeping score?!! Lol!!

I would like to know how it turns out if you try what I suggested and I'll repost after I retake it too because the bottom line is that they are extorting a lot of people everyday and they are making a LOT of money doing so. Now, if they are luring us with positive reinforcement that is one thing, but if every person who takes their IQ test is being told that they have remarkable abstract spacial reasoning, then it's false positive enforcement and that very well could be the difference between business practices that are frowned upon and business practices that are fraudulent.

To be fair, I took their test and they didn't charge me anything to do so. Its just the results that cost money! That will run you about $8usd. But the fact is that they advertise a free iq test and they don't tell you until AFTER you have spent your time and effort on their test and they have exciting animations promising that your results are being tallied and analyzed, and I don't mean to digress, but iq and intelligence are very central to our identities and self-worth/self-esteem and most people will, sadly, probably pay 8, 10, 20 even 50 dollars to see those results once they've been baited and hooked with that kind of ego manipulation...

"Remarkable," my ass! Let's see if we do so remarkable on the next test? If it says something different entirely, then we can maybe decipher and quantify what remarkable means! Lol! If not, then I say we take brainable.com down, one bad review and one strongly worded email at a time. Are you with me?
IQ tests are overrated. You can achieve that which you desire without an IQ score that is deemed "gifted" or "genius" whatever those terms actually mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending