The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Which toilet should transitioning transgender people use?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Dippy Dip
I can see where the nightclub staff are coming from, but I wholeheartedly disagree with them. As the above guy said, there's a major difference between sex and gender.

Maybe they want to keep male sexual organs away from female toilets so it does not come the case that somehow a penis ends up inside a vagina while in the female toilet.
Reply 61
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Nobody on the status actually said anything about the possibility of women getting raped by a biological male in the female toilets although I did wonder/assume this was their reason for arguing against transitioning trans girls using the girls toilet.

It's interesting because a lot of people on the status were saying it's against the girls human rights to be discriminated against and made to use the male toilets and someone else said it was against the biological females rights to be made to share a toilet with someone who has male genitalia. I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were on it, I'm an extremely tolerant person and would personally have no problem with a trans girl using the female toilets, though as you point out there is a risk (however small) that a rapist could use the female toilet and claim they are trans in order to carry out attacks.

Stop giving ideas! The population of TSR is huge, you never know who is reading that post.
Original post by Hopple
Where? :s-smilie:

My school has unisex toilets. I think it was to stop people congregating, shame they forgot about the people in the early stages of relationships. Lets just say that the walls are very thin.

Born Jack now Jackie. Tbh if she walked into the girls toilets I would never be able to tell.
Reply 64
Just thought I'd chip in my own two cents on this topic.

Surely a pre-op trans male-to-female who is forced to use male toilets could end up in danger from trans-phobic men? Especially if they're dressing female.

Then again, they could also end up in danger from trans-phobic women. The issues of acceptance and identity faced by trans people are significant, and I think some of us need reminding of this.
unisex toilets are always the answer.. - if im (a transwoman) in a venue, and there is a disabled toilet, i will always use it...

why? - because its safer.. ive been attacked in toilets before (a few times.. in both sexes)

and yet.. apparently is us trans people that are the 'threat'...

no.. a trans person doesnt go into a toilet and attack someone/rape someone...

thats what gets done to them (see cases of transmen being raped in male toilets..)
Original post by askew116
Just thought I'd chip in my own two cents on this topic.

Surely a pre-op trans male-to-female who is forced to use male toilets could end up in danger from trans-phobic men? Especially if they're dressing female.

Then again, they could also end up in danger from trans-phobic women. The issues of acceptance and identity faced by trans people are significant, and I think some of us need reminding of this.

I definitely agree with you. Well said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
they should go in the penis room if they have a penis.
Original post by iSMark
they should go in the penis room if they have a penis.

im yet to find a bathroom where the sign is a massive penis..
Reply 69
Original post by Jennifer07

Born Jack now Jackie. Tbh if she walked into the girls toilets I would never be able to tell.

Some of them, but majority you can recognise a mile off.
Reply 70
Original post by fallen_acorns
im yet to find a bathroom where the sign is a massive penis..

you must have a small one then
Reply 71
I've been in the position as a sales assistant in a clothing store whereby a trans person (male-female) came into the lady's fitting room. I would never have dreamed of asking her to get out! It's such a massive decision to take, anyone going through it needs acceptance and support, not public humiliation. Just going out during the transition must take real guts, so we should try and help them along instead of hindering them.
Original post by emilie18
I've been in the position as a sales assistant in a clothing store whereby a trans person (male-female) came into the lady's fitting room. I would never have dreamed of asking her to get out! It's such a massive decision to take, anyone going through it needs acceptance and support, not public humiliation. Just going out during the transition must take real guts, so we should try and help them along instead of hindering them.

your a wonderfull person :smile:
Original post by iSMark
you must have a small one then

biggest on any girl youl meet sweetie :wink:
Original post by Hopple

We have several of them around our uni campus at Lancaster, and there are also some in Baa Bar in Wigan.
Original post by wag12k12dunkno
clearly trolling because i completely disagree with you? nice one

What nonsense am i talking about? He's a ****ing man. He may want to be a women, but hes a ****ing man. There are two toilets, male and female. So HE has to ****ing go to the male toilets.

I may want to be a ****ing body builder, but i cant just turn up to mr olympia and expect to be accepted.

I ****ing hate this liberal fascist agenda and equal rights bull****

call me a troll again i dare you

[video="youtube;xXAoG8vAyzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAoG8vAyzI[/video]
Reply 76
Original post by fallen_acorns
your a wonderfull person :smile:

:hugs:
we should stop this sexism about toilets and just have one for every sex-gender-whatever.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
This problem could easily be solved by simply switching to individual unisex cubicles. That's what most small workplaces have where there isn't the space for separate facilities, it's what my local library and GP surgery has, same with the leisure centre as well (unisex changing rooms with individual cubicles for changing), most people also have unisex toilets in their home which will be used by family and guests. In my halls of residence at university there were two bathrooms shared between 7 people in each mixed sex flat, we just shared the facilities and got on with it without a second thought given to it.

It says a lot about society that it can't even get over something as banal and commonplace as going to the toilet :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Hopple

They've recently introduced 'gender neutral' toilets at some unis. I wasn't aware there were that many transsexuals to make it such a big issue, but so long as they don't do away with single-sex toilets I guess it doesn't matter.

Unisex loos freak me out. Not even for the assault reason, though some randomer felt me up in a unisex loo once.

Latest

Trending

Trending