The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do us Muslims need to leave the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No, Muslims definitely should not need to leave the UK. However some do need to realise that this is Britain not Pakistan or Bangladesh - we should not have to adapt many of our customs to suit a minority and the tiny percentage of Muslims who believe they are entitled to it here are being unfair. If they wish to live under Muslim laws, go to live in a Muslim country surely? I am not anti-Islam or racist, my dad's sister married in to a Muslim family who I see often and they express the same views. Just to reiterate, I know it is a tiny percentage of people.
(edited 10 years ago)
I feel 100% the same. I don't feel British.
Original post by Beckyweck
Yeah I saw that and he had a very broad London accent. But that's kind of my point. If he was so unhappy here and didn't feel like he belonged here, then he should have gone to the effort of moving to where he wanted to be, not butchering a passerby to show he doesn't like it here.

i agree, its one thing to have a complaint about a country but another to turn it into violence, his actions were not needed to prove any point he was making.
What if our only other country is occupied by Israel? Sometimes we have no choice...its either we stay here or go there...and get killed by massive tanks. I don't consider myself of the british culture but neither do I believe such a culture exists. We're moving into a new age, civilization has become more developed. We migrate and now anyone can be british/canadian/australian/american.

When it comes to us Muslims, we have no home...and thats not our fault. Our countries are war torn because of foreign affairs. I think England is a wonderful country, I'm quite fond of its CURRENT government as I see more people are waking up. Prejudice in this country is decreasing and its wonderful how we all have different cultures and mix so well together.

If someone told you to move out of England, don't listen to them! Only the most irrational,ignorant and racist of society will hold all Muslims responsible for what happened in Woolwich, as they always do. If they march and spit out hate, we will feel sorry for them. Sorry that they live in a world that has no room for others; a world ruled by the white man will only enslave the white man in the end. True freedom cannot be borne out of such hate, only from the equality of all.

Take care sister :smile: Have faith, this world belongs to all of us, and there's room for all of us. :smile:
No, we shouldnt leave the UK because we are British citizens, we were born here, well I was anyway. We have as much right as any English person. Muslims do give a lot to this country morally and socially, like volunteering/charity/blood transfusions etc etc and I can say this because as a Muslim teenager, I volunteer at a care home for the elderly, I give blood, I am on the organ donor register (and personally would be happy for my organs to go to anybody). I am an active citizen, I participate in lots of fundraising activites, lots of extra things at school etc.
Like most people say, those who carry out the acts of terrorism aren't representative of us Muslims and although we get hate, its not everyone although its a gradually growing minority.
I just wish that these terrorists wouldn't carry out their vicious attacks in the name of Islam, they are shaming us and attracting hatred to Islam. I am sick of it and it makes me really upset and angry. I try not to let the hate/nastiness get to me but sometimes it gets you down. Nowadays, im more conscious of myself as a Muslim, like how do people percieve me and other Muslims-teachers/other students/my neighbourhood etc
I could go on writing but I think ive made my point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I just wouldn't do anything that means compromising my beliefs.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Red Fox
I'm not of British descent but I'm not Muslim. The majority of my friends are white British and when I'm with them, I don't really feel like I'm the same nationality as them. I love the UK's culture, food, music, sports and all that stuff but I don't feel any allegiance to the UK or England or my so called "home country". Sometimes I think whether I do actually have a "home". Although people aren't outwardly racist I do feel a lot of animosity building up against non-whites due to the bloody idiots that do these attacks.

I agree with you although im british I some times feel like an outsider because Im not christian or I dont show my legs. Also I'm Asian so people may think because I'm not white I'm not British. But people have different views and see things differently.
Reply 27
Those who stereotype entire groups of people based on incidents like Woolwich are a minority, so no.

Also, being a Muslim in London, I've yet to feel discriminated against. I've no idea how it fares for people in other cities though, so moving to Newcastle should prove to be a rather interesting experience for me.
Original post by moonziggy
No, we shouldnt leave the UK because we are British citizens, we were born here, well I was anyway. We have as much right as any English person. Muslims do give a lot to this country morally and socially, like volunteering/charity/blood transfusions etc etc and I can say this because as a Muslim teenager, I volunteer at a care home for the elderly, I give blood, I am on the organ donor register (and personally would be happy for my organs to go to anybody). I am an active citizen, I participate in lots of fundraising activites, lots of extra things at school etc.
Like most people say, those who carry out the acts of terrorism aren't representative of us Muslims and although we get hate, its not everyone although its a gradually growing minority.
I just wish that these terrorists wouldn't carry out their vicious attacks in the name of Islam, they are shaming us and attracting hatred to Islam. I am sick of it and it makes me really upset and angry. I try not to let the hate/nastiness get to me but sometimes it gets you down. Nowadays, im more conscious of myself as a Muslim, like how do people percieve me and other Muslims-teachers/other students/my neighbourhood etc
I could go on writing but I think ive made my point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I work at a care home, plan on doing medicine. My father is a doctor, and the number of 'british white' patients he's helped is beyond predictable (20 years of work).
People need to stop using black sheep to describe a whole flock. There are around 1.8 billion Muslims. Surely if Islam preached Terror...we'd all be dead by now! #Think
:smile:
Original post by bahjat93
I think we should all leave and go Islamic countries personally :/.
Some of the English people are being very racist which is understandable but they haven't really thought about what would happen if we all did leave :/. If all the Muslims do decide to leave do you honestly think that they will have the NHS? The hospital here in Cambridge is literally full of Muslim doctors. I recently went there and i saw some white nurses but no white doctors. Another thing is, when you don't really make Muslims comfortable in your country and they all decide to leave you normally do tend to loose investment. The Shard was built due to the investments by a family of Muslims, most of the petrol comes from an Islamic nation.
Also it might shock people but most Muslims here aren't really poor and some of them do actually come from really nice countries like the UAE. They keep saying go home Muslims and my home is Canada :rolleyes:.
The English seem to be just focusing on the really negative aspects of Muslim society :/. It's like me going to a Stoke and saying "All English people are lazy, they just like to claim benefits"

BTW i didn't really understand your opinion on this thread :tongue:. Do you think we should all leave the UK??

I completely agree with the nhs and doctors etc, i aspire to become a neurosurgeon so ive done lots of work experience etc and ive noticed that a lot of the doctors are Muslims. I dont know how many parts of the country would cope if Muslims were to leave the UK - this is something I am completely against though as we have as much right as British born citizens as anyone else here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Multiculturalism in general is a nightmare, the problem is not Islam
Original post by GirlWithADream
After what happened on Wednesday, a lot of people on TSR and other social networks have been saying things such as 'Muslims need to get out of the UK'.
As a Muslim and British Citizen, I can't help but think they have a valid point. Why don't we all just pack our bags and go back to our countries, even if they are war torn or unstable. Why does the West have to take us in? Where are the Muslim nations? Where is Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE? We don't belong here unless we 'intergrate' more. Well, most of us go to school/college/uni/work with non-Muslims and have colleagues/friends that are non-Muslim, yet people still say we don't intergrate. This is because by 'intergrate' they mean leave our religious practices and adapt to the 'British culture' which basically means marry into non-Muslim families and for girls, take off those long medival clothes and wear more 'British clothes'. Well atleast that's how I see it.

I want to hear from fellow Muslims, do you honestly think you belong here? And do you think it's time we all left and helped rebuild our countries?

p.s. I appreciate every non-Muslim that has been defending the rest of us Muslims.Thank you. :hugs:

p.p.s. I don't want any anti-Islam people on this thread. :rolleyes:

I thought Islam was a religion. Strange - I must have been misinformed - apparently Islam is a race/ethnicity. That's...interesting... :moon:
Many of you in this thread are strange. If you're so anti-British, or non-British, what in the hell are you doing here?? Why don't you move to a country that you like - it's people like you that have the great potential to turn into domestic terrorists and troublemakers!

Frankly, I'm highly shocked that some of you might have been born here and yet are not in tune with British society - this is alarming.

Ah, globalism, what great good you have done! But hey, who cares - at least one good thing has come out of globalism - more profit lining the pockets of the richest and the massive corporate entities that dot our planet! Celebrations! Celebrations all around!
If someone is born here, works here, pays tax to this government, and lives their life, why should religion mean they have to leave? I appreciate every Religion has an equal right to co-exist. The people putting this on social network say it is because we are a Christian Country, but they don't tell Sikhs and Hindus to leave do they? And they shouldn't. They are British, we are British, they deserve every right to live with us as much as we do, and you should be proud to be who you are and shouldn't be forced to leave the country you deserve to be in.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HumanSupremacist
I thought Islam was a religion. Strange - I must have been misinformed - apparently Islam is a race/ethnicity. That's...interesting... :moon:

Its not a race, we just consider ourselves as one community :smile:
Original post by Wick3d
Could stupid people just leave the UK instead? :smile:

Unfortunately that's most of the country.
Original post by Th1rdeyeIL
Multiculturalism in general is a nightmare, the problem is not Islam

You still don't understand, do you? There was never any do-gooder moral agenda of multiculturalism - such was just perpetuated by those wealthy elite entities who wanted masses of cheap and not-so bright workers to work for pittances. It was never done out of the goodness of our morally superior ruling elite who wanted to "help the world".

If you still also think that countries were invaded by "the West" out of the goodness of governments' hearts, then you're greatly blind!

Globalism has won. There is now nowhere to hide.
Reply 37
Original post by bahjat93
I think we should all leave and go Islamic countries personally :/.
Some of the English people are being very racist which is understandable but they haven't really thought about what would happen if we all did leave :/. If all the Muslims do decide to leave do you honestly think that they will have the NHS? The hospital here in Cambridge is literally full of Muslim doctors. I recently went there and i saw some white nurses but no white doctors. Another thing is, when you don't really make Muslims comfortable in your country and they all decide to leave you normally do tend to loose investment. The Shard was built due to the investments by a family of Muslims, most of the petrol comes from an Islamic nation.
Also it might shock people but most Muslims here aren't really poor and some of them do actually come from really nice countries like the UAE. They keep saying go home Muslims and my home is Canada :rolleyes:.
The English seem to be just focusing on the really negative aspects of Muslim society :/. It's like me going to a Stoke and saying "All English people are lazy, they just like to claim benefits"

BTW i didn't really understand your opinion on this thread :tongue:. Do you think we should all leave the UK??

Islam is not a race. Criticising Islam is not racism. You choose your religion, and we are all responsible for our choices, hence it can be criticised, ridiculed, and mocked as much as the choice to do anything else can be.
Original post by RevisionEssence
Its not a race, we just consider ourselves as one community :smile:

How foolish.

It's not even the same thing as being Jewish - which is more an ethno-religious community.

Islamic groups aren't even cohesive and the same - you're not even in tune with one another. What's more - is such "viewing ourselves as one community" only goes further to perpetuate the "us against them" mentality. So here we were, we "other" citizens, thinking "normal" Muslims were "peaceful" and yet, here you are, a "peaceful" Muslim, effectively perpetuating the "us against them" mentality.

As one of African origin, I don't view black persons in Britain as belonging to "one community". How foolish and divisive.
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Many of you in this thread are strange. If you're so anti-British, or non-British, what in the hell are you doing here?? Why don't you move to a country that you like - it's people like you that have the great potential to turn into domestic terrorists and troublemakers!

Frankly, I'm highly shocked that some of you might have been born here and yet are not in tune with British society - this is alarming.

Ah, globalism, what great good you have done! But hey, who cares - at least one good thing has come out of globalism - more profit lining the pockets of the richest and the massive corporate entities that dot our planet! Celebrations! Celebrations all around!

Have you even read the posts? We're not anti British or whatever we're as British as you can get but by keeping our religious beliefs intact. We are integrated into society and contribute more than a lot of English people. People like us? Wow, thats a grand assumption that makes you appear very narrow minded. Yes we were born here and we are 'in tune' with British society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending