The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If gays can marry, why shouldn't I be allowed multiple wives?

Scroll to see replies

There's nothing wrong with polyamory. It's between consenting adults and harms nobody. It'll probably be legalised in the coming decades when society gets over it's obsession with monogamous relationships.
Well, there is a loophole in the law.

Adultery is not a crime anymore, isn't it?

Extramarital affairs is less of a crime, isn't it?

So those who want to practice polygamy here in the UK should practice it in private.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't the thread title also say "if blind people are allowed those white sticks, why can't I go shop lifting?"

Linking two separate, unrelated things ...
You should be allowed to. And women should be allowed as many husbands as they want.

Personally I'm happy with monogamy, but I support the right of equal marriage for all consenting adults.
Original post by Andy_Morris
Both Christianity and Judaism allow unlimited numbers of wives. Check out King Solomon! Islam allows a maximum of 4 and sets specific conditions on it.

These major world religions say it's ok, it's only restricted by law, and fairly recently at that relative to world history.

If gays can marry, something that in reality isn't so popular among the majority of society, why can't I have more than 1 wife?

I'm not saying I want to right now, but tomorrow I might. FYI I created this thread to expose the absurdity of limiting one set of marriages when you allow another set based on the exact same principles.

So, why shouldn't I be allowed to marry more than one woman when homosexuals can now marry? Why has the number been arbitrarily set as one and one when multiple wives has been a huge part of history for thousands of years.

Also, polygamy has no statistically proven higher marriage failure rate than monogamous relationships even in countries that have these relationships as legal.

If everyone in the relationship consents then i don't see why not, love is love but there might be jealousy when it comes to children and who's DNA to mix and all that, as well as the children being very confused why they have 3+ parents even if they're adopted
Actually I think you should have the right

Any combination should be allowed.

I'd like to be with like 4 males and perhaps a couple females. Monogamy seems a bit boring tbh.

I like the idea of polygamy ... but I know the most popular case of polygamy would be 1 male >1 females.
Original post by madders94
You should be allowed to. And women should be allowed as many husbands as they want.

Personally I'm happy with monogamy, but I support the right of equal marriage for all consenting adults.

Exactly!
I'd highlight adults though.
Do you like the idea of being in a relationship with more than partner. I guess it should be fun.

Latest

Trending

Trending