The Student Room Group

£525,000 PA Average salaries at Goldman Sachs!!!

Scroll to see replies

Tortle
How long is a flight from London to New York?

Used to be 4hrs in my day :wink: .
Reply 81
Johan C
Is he ?

Damn right I am, unlucky fella.
City bound
Go in, get what you need, get out.

Bish bash bosh, job done.

Too right.

And Honza, really, everyone might be alright on 4 hours sleep, but they improve with more.
Reply 83
x.narb.x
Damn right I am, unlucky fella.

Guess I'm in no position to judge the looks of other "fellas".
Reply 84
Johan C
Guess I'm in no position to judge the looks of other "fellas".

Definitely not, especially if you can't see how hot I am. Theres a whole thread dedicated to how fit I am in chat, if you've still got doubts.
Reply 85
Speaking of Goldman Sachs, what is GSPS? I heard that it's the best part of Goldman to be in.
GSPS: Goldman Sachs Principal Strategies.
Reply 86
Wow narb, if you need an internet forum to tell you how 'fit' you are, and let you head get big because of it, then you really are something.
Reply 87
x.narb.x
Definitely not, especially if you can't see how hot I am. Theres a whole thread dedicated to how fit I am in chat, if you've still got doubts.

lol - yet you're here on the internet whining about work/life balance.

Go to the bar dude.
Reply 88
When i went to the taster course at CASS, the recruitment worker said most people who go on internships at IBs decide not to pursue a future in IB. He was basically hinting to us that people get the wrong ideas of IB, and they never ever realise how much pressure and stress Investment bankers undergo.
Depends how much you knew going in.
Reply 90
the good thing about ib is that if you can survive 5 years and are successful, you would have made on average about $2.5mill, and if you cut out $1.5mill from expenses you wil have $1mill to start up a business or invest in equities, meaning it is possible to completely retire by your 30.
Bit risky, kind of unlikely. If you're that good, the benefit of staying on just a year is massive.
Reply 92
Another good thing about IB is even if you only stay with one for 2 or 3 years, you will still get them on your CV.
Tortle
Another good thing about IB is even if you only stay with one for 2 or 3 years, you will still get them on your CV.

If you were only there for a year, people would wonder why (ie. is it because you were terminated for poor performance...)
Reply 94
President_Ben
If you were only there for a year, people would wonder why (ie. is it because you were terminated for poor performance...)

I didn't say 1 year. I said "stay with one for 2 or 3 years".
Reply 95
President_Ben
Bit risky, kind of unlikely. If you're that good, the benefit of staying on just a year is massive.

But then doesn't it become like a kind of addiction ? Cause your salary'll only get better as long as you stay good right, so why leave unless you're burnt out ?
Dunno if you can pull that kind ($2.5m) of money in in 5 years. 8-10 years is probably more realistic for enough money to consider a quiet retirement on.
Reply 97
Olek
Dunno if you can pull that kind ($2.5m) of money in in 5 years. 8-10 years is probably more realistic for enough money to consider a quiet retirement on.

well if Average salries at Goldman Sachs is $521,000 PA then in the space of 5 years you will be earning around that figure of $2.5mill give or take $0.5mill.
Reply 98
Goodfella333
the good thing about ib is that if you can survive 5 years and are successful, you would have made on average about $2.5mill, and if you cut out $1.5mill from expenses you wil have $1mill to start up a business or invest in equities, meaning it is possible to completely retire by your 30.

Dude, you're WAY off with these numbers bro.
Reply 99
Goodfella333
well if Average salries at Goldman Sachs is $521,000 PA then in the space of 5 years you will be earning around that figure of $2.5mill give or take $0.5mill.

Says what calculation ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending