The Student Room Group

Why do people criticise Bankers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Simply? They're just a modern day scapegoat. I'm not saying that bankers are free from blame for some of the ills in society, but the amount of blame the press seems to place on them is disproportionate to say the least.
Reply 21
Original post by will2348
Money isn't necessarily the main goal of bankers either. Some just enjoy it and are passionate about what they do, especially the seniors - the money is just a bonus. They like the achievement and challenges it brings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I was just making the point that one of the reason that they are hated is because they receive more money than the majority of population :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Old_Simon
There is absolutely no evidence at all that bankers have ever helped anybody other than themselves become "richer".

This view is quite ignorant. Banks are vital for the growth of an economy. If for example Banks were prohibited, the Uk no doubt would cease to be a great economic power. Britain (especially London) prides itself on its speciality in Finance just as Germany does with Engineering.
Original post by Acidy
This view is quite ignorant. Banks are vital for the growth of an economy. If for example Banks were prohibited, the Uk no doubt would cease to be a great economic power. Britain (especially London) prides itself on its speciality in Finance just as Germany does with Engineering.

I think you will find the Germany rather prides itself on the competence of its bankers.
Original post by Martyn*
You mean people at the booths? I've never heard of anyone bashing them before.

I think he means, not the people at the booth in a high street bank, but the people working in graduate jobs (and upwards) at investment banks, who are earning high salaries and bonuses but are still just ordinary employees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending