The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

White people, ALL of them, are racist.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Redpiller
White nationalist checking in.

Don't like multiculturalism unless it involves East Asian women.

How embarassing for everyone else that's white. Seriously.
Oh for ****'s sake, really? This shouldn't even be a discussion. It's just stupid.

I highly suggest everyone goes off to listen to Everyone's A Little Bit Racist.
"I'm half cast and my daughter and whiter and the school thinks she's white so I don't go to school or they'll think differently of her"

What the actual **** am I watching? It's so condescending.
Original post by Tom78
I see a lot of closet racism day to day, I think most of it is fueled by Daily Mail propaganda and generally sheep-herding by unintelligent people unable to form their own opinions. I think the blue eyed group represents the opinions of the majority of UK citizens tbh. And people need to learn what does actually constitute as racism, for instance following the Tories, UKIP etc. and discriminating against EU workers who wish to work in or country, that is racism.

Not everyone who is anti EU is racist. There are plenty of non-racist reason for not wanting anyone who lives in the EU to come and work here.
That was a load of s***.

All that said was if you're white you're racist and you should feel awful about yourself. That programme encouraged the idea of segregation, and made out that black people are the only ones victimised. Anyone can be, everyone will be. It's the world we live in and it isn't nice, but don't make out white people are the only ones. When I was in Bermuda, black people made constant racist comments about my eye colour and skin colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Not everyone who is anti EU is racist. There are plenty of non-racist reason for not wanting anyone who lives in the EU to come and work here.

But largely because "we" don't want to fraternize with anyone named Boris or Stelios.
Asians are much more racist than white people, but for some reason only racism from white people is considered to be absolutely unacceptable.
Reply 67
And that stuck up blonde woman practically ruined the study, you've never experienced racism you middle class bitch.
I saw this documentary a while back. I thought it was pretty interesting actually, but I have to disagree with you OP. I'm black myself and I'll tell you this now - there is a hell of a lot of racism in this country, a lot of it very subtle. But to say all white people are racist is just stupid
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Zürich
Asians are much more racist than white people, but for some reason only racism from white people is considered to be absolutely unacceptable.

I'd say it's about the same.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
x

pardon me, I'm just checking up on whether I got through to you at all with my last message? because you called me a racist and you ought to reverse your opinion in light of what I have told you. we're both reasonable people, are we not? are we not allowed to express true statements, e.g. human beings preferring their own traits because of egotism, because we fear what people will say? I can tell you quite happily than science suggests that people originating from east asia (IQ-wise) are more intelligent usually than people whom originate from europe (such as myself), does this have any bearing upon you in terms of me taking an objective and principled stance in this matter? if not, I'll give up, I'd just like to know if you're maintaining your "you racist!" attitude towards my "honesty" and psychology/biology approach which doesn't suggest that races are superior to any other but simply we, due to deluded ingrained mental perspectives by virtue of our non-perfect minds, have certain imperfections. would you rather I gave you politically correct yet blatant falsehoods instead?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tom78
I'd say it's about the same.

95% of Asian parents would disown their daughter for bringing home an African man.
Original post by captain.sensible
pardon me, I'm just checking up on whether I got through to you at all with my last message? because you called me a racist and you ought to reverse your opinion in light of what I have told you. we're both reasonable people, are we not? are we not allowed to express true statements, e.g. human beings preferring their own traits because of egotism, because we fear what people will say? I can tell you quite happily than science suggests that people originating from east asia (IQ-wise) are more intelligent usually than people whom originate from europe (such as myself), does this have any bearing upon you in terms of me taking an objective and principled stance in this matter? if not, I'll give up, I'd just like to know if you're maintaining your "you racist!" attitude towards my "honesty" and psychology/biology approach which doesn't suggest that races are superior to any other but simply we, due to deluded ingrained mental perspectives by virtue of our minds, have certain imperfections. would you rather I gave you politically correct yet blatant falsehoods instead?

I disagree with you, I did get your message, but I can tell I'm not going to change your opinion.

Also, the IQ studies are stupid for several reasons because they don't take into account different cultural factors that may have had an affect.
Not ALL white people are racist, no. The majority probably are, though or at least half.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I disagree with you, I did get your message, but I can tell I'm not going to change your opinion.

Also, the IQ studies are stupid for several reasons because they don't take into account different cultural factors that may have had an affect.

what do you mean? you think I'm a racist? in what manner? you think I actively discriminate against non-white people? I implied that we aren't "perfect", so instead of being 100% non-racist, I suggested that we are 95%~ non racist (in western-world 2014), is that a better wording? I don't know what you are viewing my objectivity as to be honest. and what do you mean culture factors? I'll happy listen if you can elaborate; I assumed non-verbal reasoning tests were fairly universal
(edited 10 years ago)
Why the **** would someone put black people at the end of a waiting list? What purpose is this? A lot of this sounds like paranoia.
Reply 76
What I hate though is people's complete stubbornness and ignorance, "well this study doesn't apply to me because I once owned a black cat and had a black pair of shoes" we're lucky to be in a nation where we are not discriminated upon or persecuted.
I think it is normal to be aware and cautious about some possible issues you might encounter when dealing with a person knowing his/her nationality/ ethnicity. It tells a lot in general about the mindset of a person. HOWEVER, do not assume anything until you've learnt it yourself...
Reply 78
Original post by Zürich
95% of Asian parents would disown their daughter for bringing home an African man.

And aren't we lucky that white people no longer feel exactly the same about opposite races, have you watched 12 years a slave anytime recently?
Original post by captain.sensible
what do you mean? you think I'm a racist? in what manner? you think I actively discriminate against non-white people? I implied that we aren't "perfect", so instead of being 100% non-racist, I suggested that we are 95%~ non racist, is that a better wording? I don't know what you are viewing my objectivity as to be honest. and what do you mean culture factors? I'll happy listen if you can elaborate; I assumed non-verbal reasoning tests were fairly universal

Factors such as in Asian cultures, education is emphasised and tecshniues are learned from a young age, then you have to take into account living stanards in different countries etc.

I don't think you can say everyone is racist

Original post by PatrickB
Oh this is priceless!! Haa!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP

Original post by PatrickB
Go on, have another dig!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP

He's going to ask if you even lift next :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending