The Student Room Group

ethnic minorities 20-30% by 2050

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meenglishnogood
no you didn't understand the point- uk already has highest age dependant population ever, ie the numbers of non-working retired claiming beenifts etc wil be highest ever - who has to fund beenfits system eventually? younger working population. so that requires increase in birth rate . without immigrants, birth rate would be pathetically low in this country and unsustainble for number of oaps

Or you don't understand actually what is happening and have done no research into it.
Educated oldies work for longer, and tend to have a massive pay cheque which does help towards financing others claiming their pension (how far would the taxes from a £70k salary go ? :redface:),
What would help is if the average wage increased by having high quality jobs, rather than the moronic idea of increasing the population. People being paid more = more tax. More people = more housing, more jobs, more infrastructure etc. All of these are curently a problem which can't be solved, so how is adding more people going to help?!
Also a lot of jobs don'e by immigrants and ethnic minorities are predominately low end jobs ergo pay sod all tax, thus helping no one.
so what - was america supposed to be a white majority? white people only colonised the place 300 odd years ago. if you have to turn nation residence into a colour issue, think of this- white people originated in the icy wastelands of north of the Caucuses - hence they developed white skin, what are they doing this far south of the arctic circle?

I'm not sure if I know what you're getting at. What do you mean by making nation residence a "colour issue"? I never said there was a problem with a majority-white population; simply that whites are likely to be a minority in America. A similar fate may await Britain too.

As for that last question, well the mutations needed to change white people's pigment probably requires much longer than 300 years to take effect.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abstraction
I'm not sure if I know what you're getting at. What do you mean by making nation residence a "colour issue"? I never said there was a problem with a majority-white population; simply that whites are likely to be a minority in America. A similar fate may await Britain too.

As for that last question, well the mutations needed to change white people's pigment probably requires much longer than 300 years to take effect.

indeed thy do- the point was the mutation to 'white' genes occurred in the frozen wastelands of the Arctic fringes to reflect the suitability of living in that their native region, so why do you suggest the need to highlight scenario that the Americas (or anywhere further south than Norway I suppose) becoming less than a white majority should be a big issue??
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jimbo1234
Or you don't understand actually what is happening and have done no research into it.
Educated oldies work for longer, and tend to have a massive pay cheque which does help towards financing others claiming their pension (how far would the taxes from a £70k salary go ? :redface:),
What would help is if the average wage increased by having high quality jobs, rather than the moronic idea of increasing the population. People being paid more = more tax. More people = more housing, more jobs, more infrastructure etc. All of these are curently a problem which can't be solved, so how is adding more people going to help?!
Also a lot of jobs don'e by immigrants and ethnic minorities are predominately low end jobs ergo pay sod all tax, thus helping no one.
no ,we are talking about OAPs - barely any oap in this country is earning 70k a year in employment. the oap group is the biggest recipient of benefits, and so that group growing bigger and bigger is what wil put strain on the economy. it require an equal rise in working population. you are not aware of fact, only the hysteria drummed up by media to sell newspapers to reactionary half-wits
Hopefully Europe will continue to wake up to the biggest racial ploy since Hitler wanted dominion over Jews. The entire globes greed isn't Europea problem, and the consequences are unnafordable. If countries/peoples/my people are to exist, basic needs are vital, such as our own space, or else, it would result in an ethnic cultural crisis and a complete rape of a people. I hope the resistance movements across Europe continue to rise against multicultural supremacy and opression of anti-European policys.
no ,we are talking about OAPs - barely any oap in this country is earning 70k a year in employment. the oap group is the biggest recipient of benefits, and so that group growing bigger and bigger is what wil put strain on the economy. it require an equal rise in working population. you are not aware of fact, only the hysteria drummed up by media to sell newspapers to reactionary half-wits

Proof? You are now just making things up based on your poor knowledge of this matter.
Or, what is also straining our society is the ~£30 Billion in Working Tax Credit to top-ups. If these people earned more and paid tax rather than draining our society, then we would have no issue with pensions....again.

There are dozens of ways to solve this crisis which have no downsides, unlike immigration which is the easy and stupid solution due to the many other problems it brings.
Original post by Dee Leigh
Better to have diversity.

Yeah nobody wants to eat Fish and Chips or Sunday roast everyday :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dee Leigh
I am not a racist.

If you support massive non white immigration into Britain and Europe then yes, you are a racist.
Original post by anarchism101
Only if we continue to hold to the paradigm of nation-states, which are becoming increasingly redundant for other reasons anyway.

Ethnic/cultural/religious conflict was happening long before the invention of the nation state.

Diversity by definition is divisive.
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does this have to do with immigration ?
Reply 70
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's better than all those stinky ****ing chicken shops which literally serve up heart disease with extra grease.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slade p
Ethnic minorities 'will make up one third of the population by 2050' as Britain's melting pot continues to grow

What are your thoughts on this and why? Do you think it's a positive or negative thing? I personally think it's very positive and productive.

Well, David Coleman, Professor of Demography at the University of Oxford's department of social policy and intervention is not convinced that this is a good thing, he says:

"History is not sanguine about the capacity of ethnic groups or religions to overcome their differences. The ethnic transformation implicit in current trends would be a major, unlooked-for and, irreversible change in British society, unprecedented for at least a millennium." http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/white-britons-on-verge-of-minority-in-50-years-projections-show/story-fnb64oi6-1226633712800#

sanguine - Optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/sanguine

The fact that this is unpresedented means that those people like yourself who convince themselves that such a demographic switch is “positive” are basing their ideas on nothing.

the change is taking place naturally, not by force.

Its not natural at all. Immigration has been forced upon people without their consent and without even a discussion about it.

It would be no different than if the west started forcing people to leave and go back home wherever home is and I turn around and call it ‘natural’.
Original post by No Man
I'm not bothered, as long as they act/continue to act like Westerners.

The problem is that there will be fewer and fewer westerners. People from the 3rd world will set the new social norms. Evetually their will be no such as a “western identity”.

Plus, clearly it would be a gamble to take these risks because the future movements and stability of your country will not depend on you, it will depend upon the whimms of people who made your country their home. What if they turn around in 30 years and decide that they want to act like where their forefathers came from, then what for you? There are no get out clauses or safetly nets. It’s a catastrophic gamble which will certainly result in disasters for all. No one can or will escape when the s*** hits the fan.
Original post by PurpleSquid
hahahahahahahahaha
people that are genuinely concerned about the loss of the "white race" make me laugh so much

well, think about it, whose society offers more freedom and equality than white european society? Why do you think that people are risking their lives to escape their own hell holes to come and live in a nation and society created and developed by white europeans? The reason is because white europeans provide for their own people. When there are no europeaan whites to uphold this system you will have no way of knowing which type of tyranical system could replace it.

As you can see, when there are problems in the world indiividuals turn to white westerners for help, because they know only the white europeans have a collective guilt conscious and have a mentality that makes it harder for them to turn a blind eye.
Reply 74
Original post by Truthman
Well, David Coleman, Professor of Demography at the University of Oxford's department of social policy and intervention is not convinced that this is a good thing, he says:

"History is not sanguine about the capacity of ethnic groups or religions to overcome their differences. The ethnic transformation implicit in current trends would be a major, unlooked-for and, irreversible change in British society, unprecedented for at least a millennium." http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/white-britons-on-verge-of-minority-in-50-years-projections-show/story-fnb64oi6-1226633712800#

sanguine - Optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/sanguine

The fact that this is unpresedented means that those people like yourself who convince themselves that such a demographic switch is “positive” are basing their ideas on nothing.

Its not natural at all. Immigration has been forced upon people without their consent and without even a discussion about it.

It would be no different than if the west started forcing people to leave and go back home wherever home is and I turn around and call it ‘natural’.

you not wanting immigration doesn't mean its by force. it would only be by force if the immigrants come by force.
I'm going to pump as many children as possible out of my wife :biggrin:. I am Bengali and she'll be Bengali too.
Reply 76
Original post by boxed treasures
I'm going to pump as many children as possible out of my wife :biggrin:. I am Bengali and she'll be Bengali too.

lol that will really piss off the racists:biggrin:
Original post by imtelling
If you support massive non white immigration into Britain and Europe then yes, you are a racist.

I am not a racist.
Original post by slade p
you not wanting immigration doesn't mean its by force. it would only be by force if the immigrants come by force.

immigration is something in this context which is being manufactured. The governments had deliberately tried to fill what they believe to be a void by importing immigrants, so it most definitely is not "natural" as you claim.

Natural = existing in nature and not made or caused by people : coming from nature

: not having any extra substances or chemicals added : not containing anything artificial

: usual or expected. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/natural
(edited 9 years ago)
(Original post by boxed treasures)
I'm going to pump as many children as possible out of my wife . I am Bengali and she'll be Bengali too.

Well this is what bangladeshis do. In a country which is dirt poor and produces nothing it has a population of 130 million, many hungry bellies. What you will find in the future is that europeans will start producing more people who will not allow for their nation to turn into bangladesh, i mean who in their right mind would allow for something like that to happen?

In bangladeshi 300,000 banladeshi muslims marched calling for the death of atheist bloggers. You dont realize how lucky you are/were to find yourself living in a country like britian instead of the land of your own forefathers.

Some one will have to pay a high price and could well be the children that you claim to want to "pump out". Eventually there will be hell to pay and your children could be the first ones found crying. This is a serious matter and you make a joke of it, well ok. As the saying goes, after laughter comes tears (thats a english saying).

Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending